Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Working on DKII

Default Working on DKII

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the .exe, if people could post bugs, issues, errors, etc. in the game here I'll keep an eye out for them and try and sort out fixes. I don't need map errors or bugs, ones that are in the level files, only engine bugs. Anything else you want me to look for post here as well. I'll try and post findings here too.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Working on DKII

I want to know how much you can do for DK2 anyways. Is it just fixing bugs, issues, ect the only thing you can do or can you go beyond that? Or are you simply giving that kind of task priority?

I'm remembering some weird bugs that may have been posted around the DK2 Section. One of them involved Units that were in the North/South to be stronger than Units in the opposite direction, or something like that. It wasn't a map bug or anything like that, it seemed to exist in all Levels. Perhaps later when I get some of my work out of the way, I can do some searching around and post any kind of errors I find that have been found before.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Depends on what I find. For instance I hear the AI is hard coded in the .exe. Might be a way to make that external (I've done it before) and therefore editable, along with whatever else is hard coded. Bug fixes, enhancements, etc. On the other hand, there may be nothing I can do, it depends on how it's coded.

Quote Originally Posted by Displacer View Post
    Depends on what I find. For instance I hear the AI is hard coded in the .exe. Might be a way to make that external (I've done it before) and therefore editable, along with whatever else is hard coded. Bug fixes, enhancements, etc. On the other hand, there may be nothing I can do, it depends on how it's coded.
    I see. Perhaps you could see what kinds of things you can find while I also look for some kinds of bugs I can find. I can also form a list of potential enhancements but I'd prefer if you see what you're more capable of doing first before I try getting a list of things like that.

Tesonu is napping!

I'm in the process of reverse engineering the .exe, if people could post bugs, issues, errors, etc. in the game here I'll keep an eye out for them and try and sort out fixes. I don't need map errors or bugs, ones that are in the level files, only engine bugs. Anything else you want me to look for post here as well. I'll try and post findings here too.
    Nice! Good Luck in that hard task.

About bugs - I played only old russian version, and there were annoying bugs, when the game autoexited to windows approximately 1 time per 30 minutes. I bet that those bugs were only because of bad russian localisation.

Also I have another interesting bug - if you set the resolution to 1600x1200 (using regedit), you will not see the text in the ingame menu (only icons). I bet, that this bug is reproducible in last version of the official English DK2, but never tried it (I have this bug on my old russian version).

GL anyway.

Thanks. I'm using the last official updated .exe, v1.7 so I only need bugs, or issues from that version

Thanks. I'm using the last official updated .exe, v1.7 so I only need bugs, or issues from that version
    I wonder if you could solve the bug with multiplayer in that version.

Tesonu is napping!

Depends on what it is

Depends on what it is
    Oh I actually thought you knew what I was talking about. Multiplayer is pretty unplayable as far as I know in 1.7. You'll see "Max Players: 0" in flashing red before you start the game. I don't remember all the details as I haven't played it in so long, but that's the bug I remember.

Tesonu is napping!

I've actually never played it in multiplayer, if you find any info on what's broken, let me know