Thread: Editor glitch.

Default Editor glitch.

I have a strange problem when edting one of my maps.

I have 4 different versions of the DK2 editor.
    The original that came on the CD.
    A cracked version of the original that allows editing of the maps that came with DK2.
    DK2 pro editor with extra options the original didn't have enabled.
    And I also have RC3.

None of them are perfect but I've found by using the different versions for different things you can get most things to work.

I'll try to explain the problem I ran into...

I have a working map with 4 AI's. If I load the map and let it run for about 5 min all 4 AI's build a "Treasury Room" first and then they build lair, hatchery ect.
    I was making a minor mod to the map by adding a "Neutrally Owned" Stone Knight and changing (1) setting in the "Creature Type" section.
    I saved the map under a new name but when I tried the modified map the AI's no longer built any rooms. All they did was dig to portals then reinforce walls.
    I re-edited the modified map and changed the Stone Knight setting back to how it was originally, tried the map again but the AI's still refused to build rooms.
    I figured I'd done something wrong or something had glitched the AI's setting so I reloaded the original map and ran fine so I tried re-doing the mod again only to have the same result.

After many hours of testing and much cussing and tantrum throwing I narrowed down the problem to the version of the editor I was using.

To test this theory I made the same modification ( adding the Stone Knight ) on the original map using each of the 4 different editors and the problem only happened when I used the "Pro" version.
    The "Pro" version has more options when you go into "Creature Types" and is only version that allows the change I'd made in that area which was to disabled "Only Attackable by Horny".

I have no idea why changing a setting on a creature would change how the AI's build rooms but it did.
    The weird thing is the problem remained even thought I re-enabled the "Only Attackable by Horny" switch.
    I tried everything I could think of but I was never able to get the AI's to build rooms on that map once the mod to the Stone Knight was made.

I was wondering if anyone else has had similar strange results using the "Pro" version of the editor and if there is a work around ?

Tacy.
    Last edited by Tacyarts; September 16th, 2011 at 05:54.

Default Re: Editor glitch.

Can you upload your map? I can check it out what is wrong.