Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conjurer

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Default Conjurer

I'm still fleshing this out, but any input is still welcome.

The Conjurer is a savage creature, laying claim to an inhuman intellect and soaked in bestial magic.... as well as copious amounts of blood. They work with no Keeper willingly, either refusing or biologically unable to submit themselves to any form of rules or restraint - chaotic, instinctual creatures they are. They certainly wouldn't work with Heroes.

These Creatures fight by solidifying thought into reality... or something like that. Nobody can be quite sure, their minds are so alien that all attempts to probe it have ended with researchers garnering nothing headaches, and on more than one occasion, a gruesome death by rampaging conjurations.

In appearance they somewhat resemble insects, but are mostly smoke, creatures of nightmare and insubstance. They pull themselves along the ground on ghastly claw-shaped hands, the rest of their body trails behind like a billowing, black smog except for their head emerging from it... which comes standard issue with brilliant red insect eyes. The top of their skull is open with green magic fire billowing out with sharp crackling bursts of mana.

In addition they have a powerful affinity with Mana, and can weave it effortlessly in its naturally occurring form. This allows them the unique ability to shrug off all negatively effective Keeper spells. Lightning, Inferno, Chicken are all ineffective. The only way to directly aid your creature against this foe is to buff them with Heals or any other buffing Keeper spell.

Conjurers do not know friend from foe, and even in a dungeon will attack indiscriminately, making them a poor choice for conversion. For the sake of completeness though, they are talented workshop workers, fabricating trap with great precision in record time, able to do much of the work with their mind.

Health: Medium-Low
    Attack: Low
    Armour: Low
    Dexterity: Medium/Medium-High
    Speed: Above Average
    Training Rate: High
    Training Cost: Medium
    Torture Rate: Slow
    Recovery: Very High (Passive Ability)
    Wage: None (If you actually chose to integrate them into you dungeon)
    Construction: High
    Intelligence: Low (They are in fact very intelligent, but in terms of research...)
    Disposition: KILL!
    Unit Type: Neutral

Prospective Skills
    Level 1 ~ Melee
    A basic melee attack.
    Level 2 ~ Summon Aide
    Summons a copy of a random assorted creature the Conjurer has come into contact with. These duplicates are notably by a green aura which surrounds them. Up to five duplicates can be called in at once before the spells greys out, uncastable, but the cool-down timer for this spell is steadily longer the more creatures are out. Furthermore, when creatures are first summoned their health, attack and armour are between 25-50% lower and spell cool-downs 20% longer. This is not permanent and if creatures summoned survive their stats will slowly increase to standard. These creatures can rank, though cannot be directly manipulated if a Keeper controls the Conjurer. Other Conjurers cannot be duplicated.
    Level 3 ~ Summon Decoy
    Summons a copy of a random assorted creature the Conjurer has come into contact with... except it is a fake. Its attacks do no damage. These are dispelled by creatures with sight, the Sight of Evil spell, or killing them. A limit of two of these may be called in at once and for clarification its cool-down is separate to that of Summon Aide. Other Conjurers cannot be duplicated.
    Level 8 ~ Discharge
    Not only are they already immune to harmful Keeper spells, they can now rebound its effects onto a totally random nearby creature. With AoE, any damage is applied to said creature.
    Level 10 ~ Summon Defender
    Summons a copy of the highest level, most powerful creature that the Conjurer has come into contact with, determined by threat level. Unlike with 'Summon Aide' the creature does not spawn with lowered health, armour and attack or with longer spell cool-downs. These duplicates are notably by a even brighter green aura which surrounds them. Up to one duplicate can be called in at once before the spells greys out, uncastable. This creature can rank, though cannot be directly manipulated if a Keeper controls the Conjurer. Other Conjurers cannot be duplicated.

Creature Traits

Self Heal (Passive)
    Extremely powerful regenerative capabilities are their main survival mechanism.

Water-Aversion (Passive)
    Cannot cross water.

Fire-Affinity (Passive)
    Can cross Lava.

Dispell Mana (Passive)
    Immune to negative Keeper spells.

Acquired By
    Conversion (Inadvisable), Editor (Also likely Inadvisable)

Battle Style
    Flanker/Support

Torture
    Being put in an ornate glass tank, magically reinforced, and left alone.

Likes/Loves
    -Violence
    -Imitation

Dislikes/Hates
    -Being Restrained
    -
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 1st, 2011 at 07:40.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Default Re: Conjurer

This is a very creative idea, it does not seem overpowered from what I can tell, I like it, and I'm quite surprised nobody has reviewed it yet. I can't really do great reviews, so I'll leave that to Rex and Mothy. But it is a good concept, and extra points for your writing. But what does it like/hate? All in all, think it will give keepers an appropriately hard time. The only regret I have is that I wish I could have it on my team without it killing anyone.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Looks like some kind of mad fly with razor sharp whiskers and tentacle arms that has been set on fire.

This is definately a Neutral that is used only as a Hostile.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Gamer IDs

Glad its design gets the message across

I wanted to step outside the box in making this. A lethal nightmare creature whose like you definitely haven't run into elsewhere. Something bizarre and freaky - and an uncontrollable force of nature.

In other news, to make up for not being able to cross water, they can cross lava. It makes them that much more freaky and alien.

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    I wanted to step outside the box in making this. A lethal nightmare creature whose like you definitely haven't run into elsewhere. Something bizarre and freaky - and an uncontrollable force of nature.
    Something bizarre is what I would like for a Neutral as those are usually interesting, but they of course must fit within the Dungeon Keeper universe. Flies, Tentacles, and Fire exist in DK so I'm pretty sure this thing on fire will fit in well.

I don't believe we have too many Neutrals that are "Hostile Only". Hell, I don't think we have any. They're all either used as both Hostiles and Bonus Units, (Tengu and Nagini are good examples) or simple Bonus Units. (Pixie or Kobold come to mind)

If this gets accepted, it should help fill a hole in the Neutral list.

In other news, to make up for not being able to cross water, they can cross lava. It makes them that much more freaky and alien.
    Vampires can't cross water, but they can use Flight to cross lava. Are you calling them freaky aliens now?
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; October 1st, 2011 at 06:26.

Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Gamer IDs

To be fair, vampires change their form in order to do that, and I don't think they can really attack in that state, so it isn't really crossing lava in the traditional way . NO, DON'T BITE ME VAMPIRE !

Also I'm experimenting with whether or not to have a Level 10 ability and, if so, what it should be.

To be fair, vampires change their form in order to do that, and I don't think they can really attack in that state, so it isn't really crossing lava in the traditional way . NO, DON'T BITE ME VAMPIRE !
    Actually, in DK1, Vampires have the Flight spell. With the Flight spell, they can fight while in flight.

Also I'm experimenting with whether or not to have a Level 10 ability and, if so, what it should be.
    Maybe it conjures a Level 10 version of a Unit it came across with or something similar.

Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Maybe it conjures a Level 10 version of a Unit it came across with or something similar.
    Sounds better than my solution actually.

Sounds better than my solution actually.
    Hmm, I didn't even notice that spell. My suggestion was just a quick idea I thought up at the moment, I figured it should be something that is directly tied to the concept of the Unit. Usually, that's what Level 10 spells are like.

Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Gamer IDs

Level 10 ~ Summon Defender
    Summons a copy of the highest level, most powerful creature that the Conjurer has come into contact with, determined by threat level, and then buffs its keys stats by 10-35%. Unlike with 'Summon Aide' the creature does not spawn with lowered health, armour and attack or with longer spell cool-downs, rather the reverse... these stats are buffed, along with the creatures speed. These duplicates are notably by a even brighter green aura which surrounds them. Up to one duplicate can be called in at once before the spells greys out, uncastable. This creature can rank, though cannot be directly manipulated if a Keeper controls the Conjurer. Other Conjurers cannot be duplicated.

Sound good ?