Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Creatures?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Creatures?

On the old forum, there was a list of all the creatures we were going to put in WFTO. What happened to that? It was a good way to get a good feel for who was probably going to be in the game.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Creatures?

you say a list but there were many lists. I don't think any of them were particularly official, mostly just people own perceptions with a bit of their own opinions thrown in for good measure. Any list we did create properly owuld work best if it was put together by a group rather than an individual, and it would be best not to try and fit everything ever thought up in it imediatly, but to start it with just a few definate creatures. Something like I'd imagine: imps, trolls, bile demons, dark mistress, ect; then build from there slowly as things are worked out.

Yeah, we have to start somewhere. Then we can just add to the list as more creatures come by. It'll be difficult to do it all later, we can do it slowly. Perhaps a list of all the creatures and the probability of them being implemented defined by all the WftO developers. I prefer you work on it slowly along the way, then have a big project land on your laps at once towards the end.

Tesonu is napping!

Imp

i suppose the expected ones would be
    imps, horned reaper, trolls, mistresses, bile demons, warlocks, skeletons and vampires as they've always been there.

creatures i'd like to see would be
    orcs, goblins, flys spiders and beetles

it depends really on how you attract the creatures aswell. i assume it'll be different from the other 2 as you are above ground and wouldn't need to dig and find portals.

here are the creatures I think we should use:

Goblin- Quick recovery from stun, nice beggining creature, and can be used in a lot of temple sacrafices

Firefly/Fly- We need at lease one scout for new people, or for maps that need scouting.

Beetle- A good dungeon creature, and nice for the first 3 or 4 levels

Spider- We just need it. No questions

Troll- We need a worker, and this one will be good for the begging levels before you get the bile demon

Skeleton- A fearless creature with no creature comforts needed, why not keep this

Warlock- Any reason why not to have it?

Demon Spawn/ Salamander- 1 of these is needed just so the trainning room is better than just sucking your money out.

Dark Elf- The problem with dk2 is that we didn't have enough support creatures, why take them away?

Bile Demon- An icon of the whole game, and pretty funny when they fall over.

Orc- We need atlease 1 creature who is easy to train, and their walk is pretty funny.

Mistress- If you don't put this in, you will burn right where you stand

Vampire- We need this creature for undead reasons

Black Knight- A nice blocker, and can be real good help in the later levels

Dark Angel- Put this in, or the dark gods wil punish you in the most server way

Horny- Um... I don't think we need a reason.

Dwarf- Used for breaching, diging, and tunneling.

Knight- Why? Why not?

Elven Archer/Archer- the heros need support too

Wizard- Can be used in the cutseens, and another good suport

Giant- A good worker, and a perfect good blocker

Monk- every dungeon needs a healer, and they give good mana in the temple

Barbarian- a weaker version of giants

Guard- another blocker for hero parties

Royal guard- a sign that you are close to your objective

Prince- A boss that can be converted, and can be used as a rare creature.

Lord of the land- This could be a creature itself, or the knight, but we need one.

King/Avatar- for a final boss

these are creatures suggested I think we need

Pixie- Enough work and time went into making this, we need to add it

Gold Guard- I suggested a 3rd level of guards that only guard the top bosses, like the prince or king. No one posted on the suggestion, but that may just be bcause no one saw it.

Doppelganger- a diffrent version of the rouge. We could use an upgrade.

I don't think beetles should be in it and i've never liked spiders because they always kill all of my flys but we should have them in and as for the flys/fireflys i liked the suggestion for a mosqutio somewhere in this forum (not this thread) i also liked the doppleganger idea and as for the dark elves they're just too humanoid so i'd scrap 'em

Oh and we need to have the pixie in it

Quote Originally Posted by danvzare View Post
    I don't think beetles should be in it and i've never liked spiders because they always kill all of my flys but we should have them in and as for the flys/fireflys i liked the suggestion for a mosqutio somewhere in this forum (not this thread) i also liked the doppleganger idea and as for the dark elves they're just too humanoid so i'd scrap 'em

Oh and we need to have the pixie in it
    Normally i would reject the Dark Elves for being humanoid too... but the Drows (Dark Elves) are actually really sutiable creatures for the Keepers side... Bullfrog just didnt made it quite right in the appearence in my opinion... it should be more like this for example...
    http://paizo.com/image/content/Secon...O9013-Drow.jpg
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM...MM35_PG103.jpg
    The Dark Elf from DK2 its just waaaaaay too bland for my taste...

Besides, the Dark Elves are the perfect opposite for the Hero Elven Archers since both are the exact opposite of they're race.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Elf

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Omega MK2 View Post
    Normally i would reject the Dark Elves for being humanoid too... but the Drows (Dark Elves) are actually really sutiable creatures for the Keepers side... Bullfrog just didnt made it quite right in the appearence in my opinion... it should be more like this for example...
    http://paizo.com/image/content/Secon...O9013-Drow.jpg
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM...MM35_PG103.jpg
    The Dark Elf from DK2 its just waaaaaay too bland for my taste...

Besides, the Dark Elves are the perfect opposite for the Hero Elven Archers since both are the exact opposite of they're race.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Elf
    I guess if they look like that they'll fit in perfectly but the DK2 dark elves are as you said bland.

Quote Originally Posted by danvzare View Post
    I guess if they look like that they'll fit in perfectly but the DK2 dark elves are as you said bland.
    in DK2 Dark Elves look more like Female vampires XDD, MAYBE in 1999 that was the popular vision of a Drow...

But really Dark Elves actually have some pretty nice background, i would totally keep those, besides i can't think on anything else for archery thingys...

I would substitute creatures with poor background... which are actually not many...

Imps - well... they ARE the imps... thats the only reason i need...
    Goblins - Pretty nice choise for a first melee unit...
    Firefly - I am not really fan of the insectoid units... but i relate the fire fly to Belzebu... which is the most obvious reason for its existence and thats nice...
    Spider & Beetle - meh... i dont know...
    Warlocks - Warlocks are a MUST and perfect opposite for the Wizards... Warlocks remind me to those evil wizards who want to take over the world... or marry the princess or something... its just THAT good...
    Demon Spawn - well... why giant mutated frogs are evil??
    Salamander - i dont know either...
    Trolls - its just a classic... besides we NEED Thefsuth...
    Orc - Orcs from DK are quite diferent from the common image of an orc had, giant green brutes...
    Rogue - In comparison to the Warlock Vs Wizard thingy... Rogues are pretty bland... no DK background... not much story background... they're just evil thiefs... and i cant help to think thiefs and rogues are the SAME in DK2 but with another disguise...
    Dragon - Hell!!! now we r talking some serious sh** i really really like dragons a lot... and the ones on DK are not the exception... my only regrets are that they look more like Wyverns (another variant of a common dragon) and there aren't many elemental dragons, but all and that... i would keep the dragon for WftO just the same as DK1... its just THAT awesome...
    Horned Reaper - i really... REALLY want the horned reaper as a unit... not as a spell... not as a trademark mascot or something... but as a unit...
    Undeads - they're just fine... in fact DK needs more undeads... and there is soo much material that can be abused (Lich, Zombies, Necromancers)
    Bile Demons - They're classic in DK series... not having a bile demon in WftO its like not having bread for a sandwich... you just need it...
    Dark Mistress - Well... uhm... i dont know what to say here... or where the idea of a dark mistress came from in the first place... but its just genious...
    Dark Angels - Even thought i really really like dark angels A LOT... i would replace it with the Dragon as the over powered ultra buffed unit (but not as strong as the horned reaper)...
    Black Knight - The Black Knight has his popular culture too and i think its really valuable... still... i cant stop thinking it need something else to make it more creepy and sadistic...

I'd list my list but I'm not sure where are all the creatures.

Tesonu is napping!