Thread: [Creature] Bile Demon (Don't hate me)

Default [Creature] Bile Demon (Don't hate me)

Bile Demon

Stats obviously to be decided by developers but I imagine it'll be this:

Health: Very High
    Strength: High
    Armour: Below Average
    Dexterity: Low
    Defense: Average
    Speed: Low
    Luck: Below Average
    Recovery: Low
    Intelligence: Below Average
    Construction: High
    Training Rate: Morerate
    Training Cost: Moderate
    Scavenger Rate: Medium
    Scavenger Cost: Medium
    Torture Training: High
    Wage: Average
    Gold Held: Moderate
    Unit Type: Creature

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    Level 2: Poison Cloud
    Level 5: Taunt*
    Level 8: Thrash**

* Bile Demon taunts the enemy (with his middle finger?) and they are forced to attack him for 3 seconds, 25 second cooldown.
    ** Thrashes horns about, dealing damage to nearby enemies, 25 second cooldown.

Information

Author's Note

I really love how the recent suggestions are using space and time to fight in, rather than basic DK1 style basic attacks, opening up the floor for many more
    advanced mechanics such as spell silence and disarming. I think the taunt mechanic would be a nice addition. It allows the player to possess the creature and
    actually aim it to cause maximum damage. I think having the possession spell useful like this would not only take a lot of pressure off the AI development, but would
    actually add a fun new dynamic. (Eg. a few seconds pre-fight, possess your Guardian and Guard the creatures in your party, and then seconds from death, turn your
    gargoyle to stone.)

About the Bile Demon

Bile Demons are huge, disgusting and gluttonous creatures cursed with notoriously poor control of the most rudimentary bodily functions. Their primary use is
    combat, a field in which their success owes more to their hefty bulk, general demenour and demonic blood than to any particular combat skills. However, they do
    also have basic construction skills so can be put to work in the Workshop.

Bile Demons, not best known for their intellect, loathe researching. They also have an ongoing antipathy towards Skeletons over dietary matters. If possible, they’ll
    set up their beds in the proximity of a Hatchery to avoid having to waddle too far for food.

The Bile Demon is the slowest creature you have, but is also one of the highest health creature you can attract. They need food, a lot, so place plenty hatcheries
    around to avoid unhappiness.

Behavior in Battle:

Tank with area of effect damage.

The Bile Demon will attempt to block off a corridor or area by standing at the front, taunting, thrashing, and clouding.

Strengths:

Strong melee fighter
    Can hold enemies in place
    Huge health

Weaknesses:

Slow walker
    No research
    Eats too much

Jobs:
    The Bile Demon's Primary Job is to Manufacture, his Secondary Job is to Train.

When angry, the Bile Demon will leave the dungeon

Lair and Food:
    The Bile Demon lair is a circular pit.

The Bile Demon eats 4 chickens when hungry.

Loves:
    Manufacturing

Hates:
    Skeleton

How Introduced:
    Creature. Early-Mid Game.

Obtainable By:
    Portal, Temple, Convert, Neutral

Attraction:
    Hatchery 5x5
    Workshop 3x3

Entrance Effect
    The bile demon is catapulted out of the portal by an eruption of magma from the vile depths below.

Torture:
    The bile demon is on its back with hands tied up and being repeatedly stabbed through the bile.
    Last edited by Lquiz; October 5th, 2011 at 14:50.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: [Creature] Bile Demon (Don't hate me)

What is the meaning of this? This is really pointless as statistical data involving Units from the previous DK games is handled by the WftO Developers.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

It was just the slight change to the taunt function, I wanted to use your template becase I was really impressed by the Yukusi. I now see that all the stats were completely pointless. But the taunt idea was why i did it.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lquiz View Post
    It was just the slight change to the taunt function, I wanted to use your template becase I was really impressed by the Yukusi. I now see that all the stats were completely pointless. But the taunt idea was why i did it.
    I see. Well if you have an idea for a Unit to add or change, make a simple suggestion thread about it. No statistical data is actually needed.

As for the Taunt ability itself, I'm not too sure what to say about it. Most of the time, the target he's focusing on will be attacking him anyways so there may not be much point to it.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Fair enough, you know the fighting dynamics more than me, is it not feasible to wade into multiple enemies and taunt? Can a bile demon push past enemies or not?