Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ratman

Default Re: Ratman

No problem, I will PM you with a rough draft either today or tomorrow. It will take time, but i think we could make it work.

So, an assassin like creature?
    Very well. Here is my take on this, though I doubt Rex will like the idea of another stealth creature.

Stats:
    Normal stats for a support creature, it is an assassin not because of it's high attack but because of it's abilities. Like I said, low health and high attack steal the skeletons role of glass cannon. In my opinion, it should be good in the work shop as it is a crafty creature. It should also be quite fast and agile.

It should not be able to turn invisible at all, in any way, shape, or form as there is already the shadow demon for that. The creature should not be sneaking through dungeons invisible to kill someone. It should basically have attacks that focus around disabling single creatures while allowing itself to get in close to finsih the creature. As it can use poison, there should be many different formulas that do different things. He should administer these poisons in close proximity to the target, typical melee range. The challenge. Of the Ratman is to get in, kill the target, and get out from the battle.

That's all I got for now.

I like these ideas.

Ok so avoiding him as a stealth character... what about a temporary stealth... something to allow him to get close, with a very short duration. Though my thoughts on this subject make me wonder about many of DKs creatures seem to share abilities, which makes me wonder why having 2 stealthers is out of the question. even so... what about the short duration stealth?

being good in the workshop might work... its very similar to the skaven of clan skyre so its a trait im fond of... plus hes gonna spend lots of time with the bile demon and troll... which id assume a stinky rat would revel in. however 'workshop' and 'assassin' aren't exactly 2 words id put as synonyms. however i can roll with that.

what do you think about the group buff thing? as in more than one rat nearby giving them each a bonus? I like the idea of them being packrats

Well, my problem with that is if it is going to be an assassin type unit, your probably not going to need the bonus anyway as you hopefully wouldn't send a large group of them into battle. However, what about an ability that makes him a living trap, meaning he will stay in a place invisible until an enemy comes nearby. This would allow you to place a large group of them in an area and then the group bonus could come into play. This would also make him an effective neutral, as an unsuspecting Keeper could easily fall into one of the traps.

I quite like that idea, but i would also like him to be a creature. it could work really well in multiplayer.

Since we wanted to avoid the glass cannon role anyway.. maybe we could steer away from the lone assassin role and play more on the idea that they are individually very weak in all areas but become very strong in numbers.

I like it it fits the dungeon, not as dull as a rat, or dog, or beetle, and not as obvious as some other suggestions, (another archer, another warrior).
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif