Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Howdy folks

Smile Howdy folks

Hi everybody!

Some of you may remember you, some of you may not. Long story short: I was one of the people who kick-started the current iteration of WFTO, but sadly have to leave a few months later due to personal issues and being busy with other projects.

I've always wanted to come back and work on this again, as this project has always meant a lot to me, and now I'm finally starting to be in a position where I am able to contribute to the project once again.

Along with some, err, behind the scenes stuff that I can't talk about right now (Protip: it involves a certain company. That's all that is being said ), I'm going to be helping out around the community more and more over the next few months.

For now, I'm going to leave you with one question: If there is one thing you would like to see happen in the WFTO/KK community, what would it be?

PS: You can reach me on Skype (Josh_Bishop) or Twitter (@Simburgur) if you want to chat about anything or propose any ideas. I don't sleep very much, so you should be able to get a reply out of me at most times of the day

Default Re: Howdy folks

Hi, I am new here myself!
    I never knew this DK community existed, which is great, since I am making my own Dungeon Keeper remake game. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGeeky View Post
    since I am making my own Dungeon Keeper remake game. :P
    Is it me or is remaking DK really popular these days? There's our own War for the Overworld in production, as well as a remake by Barid and a dev team, and I don't know how many more in the fangame section.

Anyway, I'm interested in your own DK remake. Please do tell us more about it.

The Awakening

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Ursad

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Is it me or is remaking DK really popular these days? There's our own War for the Overworld in production, as well as a remake by Barid and a dev team, and I don't know how many more in the fangame section.

Anyway, I'm interested in your own DK remake. Please do tell us more about it.
    Last few years it seems it's been the rise of Indie developers, classic games like DK are bound to be re done in one form or another I guess?

Back on topic Hey Simburgur, new guy here been around last 3 months. I hope I can contribute in one way another soon. Quick question What is your role in WFTO now? What are you working on?

"If there is one thing you would like to see happen in the WFTO/KK community, what would it be"

Not so much the community but will help drive up the community I hope and get more people coming over to the forums. I have sent a few friends to the WFTO website for them all to have a look and they said the same thing, "there is no info, what is it about?" Then I said go to the forum and they said they don't have time to look over x amount of posts, I can understand that. So really what I would like is an updated website with what is going be in WFTO new things that set WFTO aside, rather than just a blog style site. I did send Kyle a email about this 2 or so months ago but no reply. I just want WFTO to have more attention and for people to fall in love with DK as much as I did. Cheers.
    Last edited by rooz; October 22nd, 2011 at 02:04.

Great to see you back amongst us Simburger!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by rooz View Post
    Not so much the community but will help drive up the community I hope and get more people coming over to the forums. I have sent a few friends to the WFTO website for them all to have a look and they said the same thing, "there is no info, what is it about?" Then I said go to the forum and they said they don't have time to look over x amount of posts, I can understand that. So really what I would like is an updated website with what is going be in WFTO new things that set WFTO aside, rather than just a blog style site. I did send Kyle a email about this 2 or so months ago but no reply. I just want WFTO to have more attention and for people to fall in love with DK as much as I did. Cheers.
    So you would like to see the content pages on the site expanded upon? Specifically the 'features' page?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    Great to see you back amongst us Simburger!
    It's great to be back

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Simburgur View Post
    So you would like to see the content pages on the site expanded upon? Specifically the 'features' page?
    That is correct, I think it will add allot more interest for visitors who land on the WFTO. For me it is lacking information and that is feed back from friends who I have sent to WFTO Site.

I'm thinking of setting up my own fansite (the first?) for WFTO and bits on DK I & II, maybe some other DK related projects, I don't have any current "fun" projects to work on.

Hi Simburgur,
    What is your role in wfto, if i may ask? Sorry, I just dont know you very well from the Wfto Core Team....
    At the moment I don't need anything, everything is moving along very swiftly lately in the coding department (well done Nano, Jack, Toro and voidzer)

Edit: Actually...now that I think about it, I would like to see some map designs - even if they are rough sketches on a paper napkin.
    I would also like it if someone was working on the MindMeister map of the Animations, for Tom. Getting a list of Mentor Quotes going, would be great too.

@rooz, As to the suggestion to the WFTO site - yep, i'll hopefuly be working on that again soon, working with Don to add some new pages under the features tab (and re-doing the media section)
    I'm just a little busy with Modeling and UDK Cascade (Particle FX) at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by rooz View Post
    That is correct, I think it will add allot more interest for visitors who land on the WFTO. For me it is lacking information and that is feed back from friends who I have sent to WFTO Site.

I'm thinking of setting up my own fansite (the first?) for WFTO and bits on DK I & II, maybe some other DK related projects, I don't have any current "fun" projects to work on.
    I would suggest contacting Dotted and seeing if you can work with him, as we are essentially a fansite ourself

Quote Originally Posted by Blutonium View Post
    Hi Simburgur,
    What is your role in wfto, if i may ask? Sorry, I just dont know you very well from the Wfto Core Team....
    At the moment I don't need anything, everything is moving along very swiftly lately in the coding department (well done Nano, Jack, Toro and voidzer)
    I was one of the people heading the project up ages and ages ago... At the moment I'm not doing a huge amount as I'm still wrapping up some old stuff to give myself more time, but I will be handling PR, publicity, community, etc. Right now I'm trying to situate stuff with EA, as that's something that simply needs to be done before we go any further.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Simburgur View Post
    I would suggest contacting Dotted and seeing if you can work with him, as we are essentially a fansite ourself
    I have emailed Kyle twice, once long time ago then again two months ago with no-reply trying to get a position on the web team, I am experienced in mass online digital download, wordpress, advertising & at the time had access to 3 servers. so I thought at the time I would be able to help, but with no reply I got a little disheartened so at the moment I am working on my own little project. If I knew it was Dotted who I was meant to contact mite of been different

@rooz, As to the suggestion to the WFTO site - yep, i'll hopefuly be working on that again soon, working with Don to add some new pages under the features tab (and re-doing the media section)
    I'm just a little busy with Modeling and UDK Cascade (Particle FX) at the moment.
    Thats great, I do understand there is LOADS to do. will be great to see what next few months have in store for WFTO.

Edit:Spelling
    Last edited by rooz; October 28th, 2011 at 16:16.