Thread: Underworld - A Dungeon Keeper Remake

Cool Underworld - A Dungeon Keeper Remake

Hi guys,

I have only just found this forum and community and I had no idea that there was still such a vibrant DK community!

Just wanted to share something with you... I have been working on my own Dungeon Keeper inspired remake and hopefully going to be making a game that is very similar to the Dungeon Keeper series, while also extending the functionality of the series and adding lots of cool new stuff (Rooms, Creatures, Gameplay, etc...)
    I have loved Dungeon Keeper for so long that I just decided I would try and make my own game based on the series.

I have only just started out so don't have a massive amount to show yet, but things are progressing nicely and the core engine and gameplay is fairly easy to program so I hope to make big progress in a nice amount of time.

You have checkout what I have made so far at my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/AlwaysGeeky

Like I said I have only started this project about 5 days ago, so please bare that in mind when watching the videos.... lots WILL change.

Anyway, since I've just found this forum/community I think I might stick around and get involved, and also update you with progress on my Dungeon Keeper remake.

(Any feedback you guys have on my videos and remake would also be much appreciated, thanks!)

Laters.

Default Re: Underworld - A Dungeon Keeper Remake

you know, this is where I jump in and ask......why don't you join our Dev team instead?
    We have seen a few projects pop up, but a single guy just CANNOT do it all by himself.... I've seen it over and over.

So if you join our team, we are one dedicated coder stronger...........and you gain a team of music composers, texture artists, coders, 3d Modelers, animators, story writers - everything.

I would highly recommend you join up as our game is gaining more and more momentum after each step we take.

PS: check here:
    http://www.warfortheoverworld.com/
    Last edited by Blutonium; October 22nd, 2011 at 09:20.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Just checked out a couple vids, and looks extremely impressive for a few days work! Nice job.

Ah cool Blutonium, I didnt know anyone else was currently making a similar remake as me.

I will take a quick look at your project now. How many people do you have on your project?

Thanks Searingflame, always nice to hear positive feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGeeky View Post
    I will take a quick look at your project now. How many people do you have on your project?
    See our team list. It counts 36 people currently (though I think not all of them are active).

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGeeky View Post
    Ah cool Blutonium, I didnt know anyone else was currently making a similar remake as me.

Thanks Searingflame, always nice to hear positive feedback
    You should e-mail Kyle and tell him you would like to join (if you do), and point him to this thread so he knows who you are.

you can find contact details here:
    http://warfortheoverworld.com/jobs/

Woah... that is a lot of people! I have worked with less people on a team in a professional game studio, lol. But that was mostly for PSP, NDS and Wii games. needed lots more for PS3 and 360.

Wow, your project looks very cool! seems you are quite far advanced also, I havent even started doing or getting any proper art or resources yet. Everything is still very much debug and programmer art. Im also surprised at how similar the basic engine and functionality looks between our different projects. The imps look as though they do exacly the same. haha

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Hey, The team right now counts 40 people, no, not all of them are active but the majority of them are. I think you'd be more likely to get the game done if you join with us, this attempt at remaking dungeon keeper has been tried on 3 separate occasions, i can actually find more than that on youtube, but they never seem to get anywhere.

We on the other hand, have a deadline, and a ever increasing following, just a suggestions that I'm more than happy to have you as part of our team.

Ah cool, thanks. Ive looked at your site and videos and I am really impressed with how much of an actual game you guy have got. How long have you been working on this project?

Thank you for the offer of me joining the team That is very exciting, I would have to speak to you about specifics, and read and find out more about your project and workings.
    I can see that you are using the Unreal engine to make your game...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Well if you want to talk more, add me on skype: kkkkairu