Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: News on the direction WftO

  
  1. #51
    Elite Dragon Mothrayas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,635

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    Quote Originally Posted by patrikgw View Post
    Are you going to add some custom creatures like giant scorpions and werewolves?
    ...you haven't actually read any of the posts (most importantly, the first post) in this thread or anything, have you?

  2. #52
    Beetle Enker-Zan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    114
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: EnkerZan XFIRE ID: enkerz4n

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    This scenario is 50/50

    A: EA will throw a fit and order a C&D cus they are assholes like that.

    B: They will let you do whatever you want, but would have to sell the rights to them so they can so whatever they want to it, and chances are, you won't see a dime. They have done this before.

    C: They will like your proposals and employ you under their name just so they can butt heads with China and it's upcoming DKO.

  3. #53
    Hellhound Searingflame2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia.
    Posts
    661
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    Quote Originally Posted by Enker-Zan View Post
    This scenario is 50/50

    A: EA will throw a fit and order a C&D cus they are assholes like that.

    B: They will let you do whatever you want, but would have to sell the rights to them so they can so whatever they want to it, and chances are, you won't see a dime. They have done this before.

    C: They will like your proposals and employ you under their name just so they can butt heads with China and it's upcoming DKO.
    On what basis? WFTO is using its own intellectual property. EA don't have any authority on the matter. They could argue that the gameplay is too similar, but that's a terrible argument because every racing game ever plays almost exactly the same.

    Nope, WTFO will be its own commercial entity, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Creature Profile Here

  4. #54

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    On what basis? WFTO is using its own intellectual property. EA don't have any authority on the matter. They could argue that the gameplay is too similar, but that's a terrible argument because every racing game ever plays almost exactly the same.

    Nope, WTFO will be its own commercial entity, and there ain't nothing wrong with that.
    EA may try his theory thinking it can just out money you guys in the courtroom, But as you said Searingflame2 what ground do they have to stand on I can just imagine there argument "They have a character that looks like the devil and there is rocky walls! Oh Oh and they asked to buy an IP from us Sue!!!"

    Also by the front page message it seems they would also be taking on Valve if the game is on Steam and takes off.

  5. #55
    Beetle Enker-Zan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    114
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: EnkerZan XFIRE ID: enkerz4n

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    ^

    Yeah pretty much, I made that post in a hurry so it did kind of seems off, but that is what I meant.

    Valve wouldn't be a problem, they would probly just want a small cut of the profits hosting it there.

    I personaly hate Steam, does it HAVE to be Steam you are gonna put this on? lol

  6. #56
    Your Majesty Hapuga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Austin, USA
    Posts
    1,444

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    Quote Originally Posted by Enker-Zan View Post
    ^

    I personaly hate Steam, does it HAVE to be Steam you are gonna put this on? lol
    Face it, it's the best multi-title platform in the world.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

  7. #57

    Talking Re: News on the direction WftO

    thanks for sharing. Im new to the forum so im having a hard time picking up somewhere.

  8. #58

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    Installed steam just to buy this. good job !

  9. #59

    Default Re: News on the direction WftO

    Quote Originally Posted by Lquiz View Post
    Good luck with it, I'll be there in 2 years to tell you its awful!
    I'm glad I didn't come back 2 years ago and insult you all when there were issues with bugs.

    The game looks great, congrats guys.

    Thanks for immortalising me in your sig MGR.

Similar Threads

  1. Sire’s News (1)
    By Mentor in forum War for the Overworld
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 20th, 2010, 09:09
  2. [Old] RPG News
    By Metal Gear Rex in forum Journey to the Avatar's Altar
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 28th, 2010, 21:00
  3. Sire's WFTO News
    By Sire in forum War for the Overworld
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2010, 22:39

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •