Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dungeon Keeper Level Text Editor

Default Re: Dungeon Keeper Level Text Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    The AI will not use any of those spells except for Heal and I think Protect. They also do not build Guard Posts. It does make sense to make some of those spells researchable for AI, however. It could serve as a reward to a Player for beating them or something.
    Are you sure it uses heal and protect? I have never seen it before... perhaps you are getting confused with DK2 or maybe it has been added into KeeperFx. Anyway, I won't be disabling the ability to give those powers to the AI (particularly for the reason you mentioned). I have planned a summary page where conflicts and other useful information will be displayed, such as having libraries as researchable, giving the AI guard posts, certain spells, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardf269 View Post
    That thing you created looks very awesome!

Can I make 1 small suggestion? In the creatures list...would it be cool to add Hero creatures too? I like getting Heroes in my dungeon (as I would normal creatures) to work for me. This thing does look pretty neat otherwise. I'll try this out sometime. Thanks for putting in the effort of making it.
    Thank you! And yes I agree with this idea; that would be very cool. I'll get started on this now that I have finished the essential player setup panel. Nice suggestion!

Anyway, I have just released a HUGE update (from 0.26 to 0.59). There are far too many improvements to even begin to think of... so I'll leave it to you guys to mess around with it.

The original post contains the updated link. Here it is again for you ultra-lazy people: DKLTE.zip - Box.net

Enjoy!

Very cool. I'm downloading this. Thanks!

Edit: Just looked at it. Very promising. Too bad I can't open files with this. lol. Or can I?

Edit2: I just tried fiddling around with the "player" buttons. If I click on lets say the "Green" player's "Computer Player" to make it disappear, does this mean I can be the color green on the map? Or is that unchangeable for Player Vs CPU's?

Edit3: Just thought I'd let you know: It still adds the creature to the "Pool" if you have the number beside the creature (even though the creature is marked "x" for "not available"). It does this also for the "Maximum Creatures" near the top for the players' max creature number. It goes away when you make these numbers "0".
    Last edited by Richardf269; December 5th, 2011 at 19:07.

Very cool. I'm downloading this. Thanks!

Edit: Just looked at it. Very promising. Too bad I can't open files with this. lol. Or can I?
    Thank you! I am unsure as to whether I will be adding that feature as of yet. It would require a lot of work as not all level scripts are in the same layout. I shall do some testing in this area and see how it works.

Edit2: I just tried fiddling around with the "player" buttons. If I click on lets say the "Green" player's "Computer Player" to make it disappear, does this mean I can be the color green on the map? Or is that unchangeable for Player Vs CPU's?
    You are essentially setting the green keeper as a human player. This is only useful for human multiplayer skirmish maps, if you wish to create one.

Edit3: Just thought I'd let you know: It still adds the creature to the "Pool" if you have the number beside the creature (even though the creature is marked "x" for "not available"). It does this also for the "Maximum Creatures" near the top for the players' max creature number. It goes away when you make these numbers "0".
    You will notice the number goes red when things like this occur. I was thinking since the program does not have an open file ability, adding unused information into the script file would allow the user to easily edit their level script if they need. I will perhaps change this to be optional.

Anyway, I have updated the program to version 0.61 with the changes you have stated. Also, I am unsure what you mean with the Maximum Creatures? Could you please elaborate on this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight View Post
    Thank you! I am unsure as to whether I will be adding that feature as of yet. It would require a lot of work as not all level scripts are in the same layout. I shall do some testing in this area and see how it works.

You are essentially setting the green keeper as a human player. This is only useful for human multiplayer skirmish maps, if you wish to create one.

You will notice the number goes red when things like this occur. I was thinking since the program does not have an open file ability, adding unused information into the script file would allow the user to easily edit their level script if they need. I will perhaps change this to be optional.

Anyway, I have updated the program to version 0.61 with the changes you have stated. Also, I am unsure what you mean with the Maximum Creatures? Could you please elaborate on this?

Thanks!
    "Maximum Creatures", the number that specifies how many Creatures (the maximum you can get through the Portal).
    MAX_CREATURES(PLAYER0,30)
    MAX_CREATURES(PLAYER3,30) <---This.

Humm..odd..I just tried changing the settings and it goes away. I take that back on that part.

ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(BUG,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(FLY,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(SPIDER,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(TROLL,30)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DEMONSPAWN,30)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(HELL_HOUND,10)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(TENTACLE,10)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(ORC,10)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(BILE_DEMON,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DRAGON,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(SORCEROR,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DARK_MISTRESS,10)

This is also what I mentioned. I saved the settings to not allow the Beetle and Fly into the dungeon, but they both still appear in the "Pool" list if they have a # on the right side that specifies how many of those creatures are allowed to come in.

Edit:

CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,BUG,1,0)
    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,FLY,1,0)

Though it does however, appear to change that here in this list saying the creature isn't available, though it does add the 2 creatures to the "Creature Pool".

Figured you'd at least like to know that.
    Last edited by Richardf269; December 6th, 2011 at 00:09.

"Maximum Creatures", the number that specifies how many Creatures (the maximum you can get through the Portal).
    MAX_CREATURES(PLAYER0,30)
    MAX_CREATURES(PLAYER3,30) <---This.

Humm..odd..I just tried changing the settings and it goes away. I take that back on that part.
    I know the function you are referring to, I'm just unsure of the exact problem you are experiencing. There is one thing you should notice, however: when setting up the players, the program won't use the ALL_PLAYERS line. This will be added in soon enough.

ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(BUG,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(FLY,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(SPIDER,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(TROLL,30)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DEMONSPAWN,30)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(HELL_HOUND,10)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(TENTACLE,10)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(ORC,10)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(BILE_DEMON,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DRAGON,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(SORCEROR,20)
    ADD_CREATURE_TO_POOL(DARK_MISTRESS,10)

This is also what I mentioned. I saved the settings to not allow the Beetle and Fly into the dungeon, but they both still appear in the "Pool" list if they have a # on the right side that specifies how many of those creatures are allowed to come in.

Edit:

CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,BUG,1,0)
    CREATURE_AVAILABLE(ALL_PLAYERS,FLY,1,0)

Though it does however, appear to change that here in this list saying the creature isn't available, though it does add the 2 creatures to the "Creature Pool".
    Yes, I understand you correctly. I'm guessing you missed my explanation as to why that happens? Did you try downloading the latest version (0.61)? I have fixed both of these issues. You will no longer find those lines in the script file.

Okay, cool. Just thought I'd let you know. lol.

It was just like a "the hell?" moment for me when they were still being added to the Pool is all.

And I've downloaded .61.

Is there anything else I should test on it?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

What language do you use and may I put my hands into the code ?
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

BUMP! Any news since last time? You didn't even answer to my question. Afaik, the program has been kept updated since the last release was in May 2012.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; August 12th, 2012 at 11:26.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...