Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hey, so I uh, I like your hair! Er, I mean, the back of your head is ridiculous!

What I mean to say is, hi. I'm here to, you know, play your game and stuff. When you are done making it. So I'm curious now; how much like DK2 is WftO? Does WftO incorporate any ideas from Evil Genius? And who here has a cat?

Default Re: Hi

Funny guy. Well stuff has changed around here quite recently; we have to make a game not called War for the Overworld (I'm pretty sure it;s getting renamed), we can't use stuff out of DK (unique creature models/concepts) because we have some copyright issues. The core gameplay is going to stay true to the DK series. The new project is mostly going to revolve around DK1 (rooms, creatures *reworked however*, spells and creature management) however some DK2 stuff will be added (mana system and some traps) and some of our own ideas.

I used to have a gorgeous cat
    Welcome to the forums

I'm not sure that we are renaming it; the name is pretty iconic, and it does not directly correlate with DK.

Regarding the concept, yes, it is a new concept.
    Regarding gameplay, no, it is still a good old DK.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    Well stuff has changed around here quite recently; we have to make a game not called War for the Overworld (I'm pretty sure it;s getting renamed),
    I don't think they're renaming it.
    Anyways, welcome!

We aren't renaming it. War for the Overworld is perfectly fine.

The Awakening

Thanks for the welcomes. And yeah, I saw the news alert about "copyright" and "infringement" stuff. Ya know, I really wish EA would do something with all its awesome intellectual property. Instead of just buying it and sitting on it like a dragon in its lair. Hopefully, they don't come after the project because of the name- Bethesda sure would (take a look at them suing Majong over Scrolls- Google it if you've not heard of that development yet).

Anyway, am I correct in gathering that gameplay will be more similar to DK than DK2? And what about Evil Genius ideas...?

@nathoguy: Sorry about your kitty. I too used to have cats; very funny ones. Then I moved to a no-pets allowed apartment. Stupid town doesn't have any apartments for pets under a zillion $$$.

The main objective will not be to launch a doomsday weapon into space. That much I can tell you for certain. Other then that..... EG and DK had kind of a lot in common to start with.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Max Hayman PSN ID: Ballwinkle XFIRE ID: elmaxaman Steam ID: ballwinkle

You should check - EA were going to use War for the Overworld according to Ernest Adams.

But I thought EA abandoned War for the Overworld?
    EDIT: It was scrapped right?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes. And yeah, I saw the news alert about "copyright" and "infringement" stuff. Ya know, I really wish EA would do something with all its awesome intellectual property. Instead of just buying it and sitting on it like a dragon in its lair. Hopefully, they don't come after the project because of the name- Bethesda sure would (take a look at them suing Majong over Scrolls- Google it if you've not heard of that development yet).

Anyway, am I correct in gathering that gameplay will be more similar to DK than DK2? And what about Evil Genius ideas...?

@nathoguy: Sorry about your kitty. I too used to have cats; very funny ones. Then I moved to a no-pets allowed apartment. Stupid town doesn't have any apartments for pets under a zillion $$$.
    The law suit is just plain offensive. The actual game developers of Mojang and Bethesda have so much respect for each other... were they to commune themselves, they'd resolve the issue in but a few hours.

Of course, it is Bethesda's big bag boss lawyers doing the talking. Were it up to Notch and Todd, they'd probably wind up advertising each others games :3

OT: Legalities are hopelessly depressing. Game developers want to develop, not go through inconsequential (and highly expensive) rigamarole. But alas, EA are Satan.

DISJOINTED THOUGHTS FTW.