Wage: Moderate
    Gold Held: Low

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    Level 3: Critical*
    Level 5: Charge**
    Level 6: Speed Self
    Level 7: Pierce***

*Ups the next melee attack's power by 20% but decreases the Dexterity of it by 10%, no animation for this attack (As in, it activates instantly) but the new melee attack will begin slower yet speed up drastically. 16 Second Recharge, cannot be stacked.

**This attack is only done when there is at least two tiles worth of space between the Halberdier and target. The Halberdier charges forward and deals double damage, also knocks the target back half a tile. 54 Second Recharge

***The next melee attack ignores the armor of the creature, yet there is no increase or decrease in attack power itself. 19 Second Recharge

Note: The attacks can be combined but suffer a larger Dexterity loss. (In addition to 10% if Critical is included)
    Critical/Charge = -15% (-25% Total)
    Critical/Pierce = -10% (-20% Total)
    Charge/Pierce = -25%
    Critical/Charge/Pierce = -35% (-50% Total)

Special Abilities:
    Slow Immunity
    The Halberdier is immune to Slow Status Effect

Information

Author's Note
    I don't remember what exactly inspired me to create the Lancer/Piker/Halberdier. I do think he's a fairly unique unit for the Heroes, Game Mechanics wise in that he can be a bit chancy. He's kind of interesting in that his strongest moment in battle is his first attack, and he also makes a good Anti-Support unit.

About the Halberdier
    Halberdiers are powerful Heroes, but not in the sense that they're strong, but more so that they're fast. Halberdiers are greatly known for their incredible speed, and feared for it. No one can outrun them, they can't match his speed, they can't escape him. He is capable of giving a deadly first strike that will knock back even the toughest of warriors.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    The Halberdier, if left alone, doesn't do much aside from relaxing. He enjoys sleeping and drinking, mostly. The Halberdier isn't the most naturally motivated Creature when it comes to working, so you must give him a few orders in order for him to be able to do something useful. He makes a decent guard when he has to run from Guard Post to Guard Post.

Halberdiers don't like slow Creatures very much, but they dislike Giants and Bile Demons especially. Sometimes Halberdiers might decide to run by and poke one of the two Creatures if they pass by them, just to taunt them with their slowness. This can annoy Bile Demons and Giants a bit, so it is best if Halberdiers are kept away from them. Halberdiers have no problem with any other Creature.

Halberdiers generally aren't too much different compared to other Creatures in terms of annoying them. They are a bit impatient, and can get annoyed a bit faster than the average Creature, however. They especially don't like being woken up, or getting too hungry, but the latter is hardly a problem thanks to their high movement speed. These are things to take note of, but generally they aren't big enough needs to grant the Halberdier special attention.

Behavior Outside of Dungeon:
    Halberdiers can be found doing patrols either inside or outside a Hero Castle or Fortress. Sometimes, they remain in wait behind stronger units such as Knights or Giants, waiting for an enemy to appear in order to charge into battle.

Behavior in Battle:
    Bliztar-something?
    The best part of a Halberdier's battle is the beginning, because he can charge into battle and use his other buffs to increase his first strike's attack power. Afterwards, it becomes a matter of luck. Halberdiers must fight aggressively in order, since they can't withstand long battles. They usually have very quick battles, either because they kill, or they're killed.

Halberdiers usually like to cut through the main blockers with their insane speed, and head straight for support Creatures. Due to their powerful first strike and high Dexterity, they're excellent for being able to take out enemy support as they usually are unable to withstand many attacks.

Strengths:
    • Very Good for Taking Out Weaker Enemies
    • Trains Pretty Quick
    • Very Good Anti-Support

Weaknesses:
    • Isn't Very Good with Surviving Long Battles
    • If Not Given Care, he can Die Very Quickly in Battles
    • Can't Manufacture or Research Very Well

Jobs:
    Halberdiers usually either Sleep or Drink, if left without orders. He will not Research at all.

When angry, Halberdiers will destroy your Reinforced Walls, or leave the Dungeon.

Lair and Food:
    The Halberdier's Lair is a large round mattress. When sleeping, the Halberdier stikes his Pike into the ground, then jumps on the bed. It takes up only one tile, and the Halberdier's only Lair Enemy is the Giant.

Halberdiers can eat a bit more often than common Creatures, but they only eat a single Chicken.

Loves:
    Running
    Drinking
    Sleeping

Hates:
    Waiting Too Long
    Slowness

Appearance:
    I imagine maybe something like the DK2 Guard but less armor? I dunno, just a thought. The image, btw, is for the Weapon only.

How Introduced:
    Hero, Introduced fairly early on. I'm not sure what kind of level he'd enter in though.

Obtainable By:
    Hero Portal, Neutral, Convert, Temple

Attraction:
    9 Tiles Lair
    1 Tile Barracks

Sacrifice: Fly + Rogue
    Hero Sacrfice: Thief + Archer

Entrance Effect
    The Halberdier runs straight up the walls of the inner Portal, then stops once he finally steps onto the Player's Land.

Torture:
    Being picked at in the stomach with his Pike

Stat Value Order (1/10 kinda thing)

Crap
    Extremely Low
    Very Low
    Low
    Below Average
    Moderate
    Above Average
    High
    Very High
    Extremely High
    Extraoridnarily High
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; March 26th, 2011 at 23:04. Reason: Name Change
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Lancer

sounds like a guard that will attack, and not patrol. Nice

Ok now the character itself:
    It looks more like a guard... but with skills and more sutiable for combat duty... i should change guard duty for exploring... or else it WILL be another guard...

The Skills:
    They look pretty nice... but i think the critical strike can be very abusive with 6 seconds recharge... even with the 50-50 probability.

Anyway...

3 demon spawns out of 5

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Alright, let me change that so that the lancer is a more offensive unit, give the critical strike 25% chance of working and 11 seconds recharge time. Keep in mind, these units don't last too long. Though, I should probably list that.

Tesonu is napping!

BUMP!!!!!!!

Massive update here. What do you think? :3

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

I like that hat and appearance, but, A.) it is a very horsey outfit and may look a bit weird when he is running around without, and, B.) it is a very 19th century Victorian outfit to me... I'm not saying change it - just ingame a few small alterations/additions should be make it more fitting.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    I like that hat and appearance, but, A.) it is a very horsey outfit and may look a bit weird when he is running around without, and, B.) it is a very 19th century Victorian outfit to me... I'm not saying change it - just ingame a few small alterations/additions should be make it more fitting.
    Well yeah that's why I said similar :P Probably wanna keep the coloring of it though, most definately. :P

Any suggestions/feedback on the creature's stats/abilities?

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

It seems to me, apart from speed which won't really shield you from attack, that Dexterity is the key and sole defense. I would be somewhat iffy about them using over-much powers in battle if it temporarily reduces that. Still he has a lot... and its unique. So yeah... its good.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    It seems to me, apart from speed which won't really shield you from attack, that Dexterity is the key and sole defense. I would be somewhat iffy about them using over-much powers in battle if it temporarily reduces that. Still he has a lot... and its unique. So yeah... its good.
    Yeah well the only time there's a big reduction is if they're combined together and if critical is included. The reason why Charge doesn't have a deducted Dexterity is because it is only used once per enemy as it has to have required space unless said target is a ranged and managed to freeze him but that only makes him more anti-support. These also only affect the very next strike. His high dexterity should also make him hit fairly often. I just didn't want those abilities to become too powerful.

Pierce however, will be extremely useful when fighting (Black) Knights and enemies with Protect as it'll ignore it completely.

Thanks for the feedback

Tesonu is napping!

Bump!

Added Entrance Effect. Same goes for the Maiden as well... getting the Gladiator's and the Witches but considering not too many come on at this hour, for the most part, it shall be done by the time you recieve this message/read this post.

Tesonu is napping!