Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Halberdier

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Lancer

Here's the update that was gonna happen before but never did so is happening now because I'm going through my Suggestions to update now that I know I can update better because I return with a different mind set and can now do a more proper update. Update.

There isn't as much change compared to the Maiden because I kinda like how he is already. The only real big things were stuff I had to do before such as add the "Strengths" and "Weaknesses".

• Increased Luck from "Very Low" to "Above Average"
      (I felt as if they should also rely a bit on Luck to win some fights)
    • Increased Defense from "Below Average" to "Above Average"
      (Since he was a fast character, I felt he should dodge a bit more, but I only set it to "Above Average" so it shouldn't make him too much stronger)
    • Added that the Lancer will drink.
      (I forgot this)
    • Changed Creature Sacrifice to "Fly + Rogue"
      (I didn't like the old sacrifice of an Orc. Flies are better since they're fast)
    • Added "Author's Note"
    • Changed some info with the "Behavior in Dungeon"
    • Added some info to "Lair and Food" section
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I think there need to be a few more updates/tweaks before I would unofficially approve it for myself:

• Imagery. The only thing I see now is a Napoleonic horse-mounted soldier, which obviously is way out of place in the DK settting (horse or not). I would like to see something that fits the DK world more.
    • Which weapon does it use? I don't see a horse-mounted lance without horse being practical or looking right at all, and other options include spears, pikes, or halberds or other polearms. I'd like to see more clearance here.
    • Depending on the weapon, a name change. The first thing that springs to mind at "Lancer" is the horse mounted soldier - which these aren't. Even just "spearman" would be better IMO.
    • Portal Entrance: **** the horse. I don't think horses fit well in the DK verse, even if only shortly appearing in the portal animation. But eh, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    I think there need to be a few more updates/tweaks before I would unofficially approve it for myself:
    Why didn't you say anything all this time?

Which weapon does it use? I don't see a horse-mounted lance without horse being practical or looking right at all, and other options include spears, pikes, or halberds or other polearms. I'd like to see more clearance here.

Depending on the weapon, a name change. The first thing that springs to mind at "Lancer" is the horse mounted soldier - which these aren't. Even just "spearman" would be better IMO.
    The name and weapon were thought up long ago. I cannot remember my original inspiration, but I didn't want to change the weapon too much or I would be forced to come up with another name. And I can't think of a better name. I don't think "Spearman" sounds very good to be honest.

Mainly Hapuga gave me problems with the Lance but I didn't really think too much of it because... well...

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga
    look, I'm drank right now, so if you dont understand my point just live with it. "unique character".... you fucking must be kidding. xD
    I didn't pay much attention to the posts afterwards though. I'll probably go with a Spear though when changing it though.

Imagery. The only thing I see now is a Napoleonic horse-mounted soldier, which obviously is way out of place in the DK settting (horse or not). I would like to see something that fits the DK world more.
    I wasn't sure what to change on the picture. The Picture itself came from what Google gave me from searching "Lancer", which is something else that will change once I get a better name.

Portal Entrance: **** the horse. I don't think horses fit well in the DK verse, even if only shortly appearing in the portal animation. But eh, whatever floats your boat, I guess.
    Upon my most recent update, I didn't pay too much attention to the Entrace Effect. I guess it was just part of the whole Lancer idea.

Tesonu is napping!

Sounds good, I also expect this kind of "creature" near hidden hero treasuries (dunno why but I think it would look cool)

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    Sounds good, I also expect this kind of "creature" near hidden hero treasuries (dunno why but I think it would look cool)
    He doesn't have much of an interest in gold, and he isn't exactly a strong creature so why would he be left in charge to guard some kind of hidden area? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :/

Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Running Man That Stabs Things

Another Update

CHANGES

Opinions on changes? Please help with a better name... obviously the new one is kinda stupid but really is more of a placeholder since I can't seem to think of anything good/decent.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; February 21st, 2011 at 04:59.

Tesonu is napping!

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: frontliner2

Hi, I love this unit ide,

What about the name 'legionaire' or 'mercenary'? since pikemen are traditionally (in medieval times) very common and very widely deployed all over europe

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Hi, I love this unit ide,

What about the name 'legionaire' or 'mercenary'? since pikemen are traditionally (in medieval times) very common and very widely deployed all over europe
    I'm not sure about Legionaire, but maybe the Mercenary? I'll keep it in mind but I still want something that's better.

Tesonu is napping!

Beetle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: frontliner2

Footman
    Militia
    Pikeman
    Guardsman
    Stalwart
    Impaler
    Rouser
    Javelineer
    Royal Guard
    Halberdier
    Ruffian
    Sergeant
    Skirmisher
    Flanker
    Mercenary
    Legionaire

Pick any of these, I doubt you will find better names for this theme and class

at your service.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Footman
    Militia
    Pikeman
    Guardsman
    Stalwart
    Impaler
    Rouser
    Javelineer
    Royal Guard
    Halberdier
    Ruffian
    Sergeant
    Skirmisher
    Flanker
    Mercenary
    Legionaire

Pick any of these, I doubt you will find better names for this theme and class

at your service.
    Uh, wow. Okay, so, out of those ideas, I think maybe Impaler, Rouser, Javelineer, Halberdier, and Ruffian could work. Then again I don't know what most of those ideas could be associated with so I shall be asking Google very shortly.

I kinda like Impaler the most but at the same time I fear it sounds too evilish. Anyone else got an opinion on that name?

EDIT:
    Rouser's a motorcycle? O.o

Tesonu is napping!