Thread: DK2 in Windows 98 VM - mouse not moving

Default DK2 in Windows 98 VM - mouse not moving

Has anyone had success running DK2 in a Windows 98 VM?

I've given up trying to get it to work natively in Windows 7 64-bit - I've tried pretty much everything I can find on the web, but I'm guessing it just won't work with my graphics card.

So I decided to bite the bullet and install a Win98 SE VM. I've got it installed and it starts fine, but I can't move the mouse at all. Has anyone run into this issue?

I'm using VMWare Professional 7.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Max Hayman PSN ID: Ballwinkle XFIRE ID: elmaxaman Steam ID: ballwinkle

Default Re: DK2 in Windows 98 VM - mouse not moving

What graphics card do you have? Did you try this version of dungeon keeper http://keeperklan.com/threads/1458-D...r-v1.3-Mirrors

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by brucmack View Post
    Has anyone had success running DK2 in a Windows 98 VM?

I've given up trying to get it to work natively in Windows 7 64-bit - I've tried pretty much everything I can find on the web, but I'm guessing it just won't work with my graphics card.

So I decided to bite the bullet and install a Win98 SE VM. I've got it installed and it starts fine, but I can't move the mouse at all. Has anyone run into this issue?

I'm using VMWare Professional 7.

Thanks,
    Bruce
    For 3D i think VirtualBox is a better way to go.
    "The essence of religion: Fear God and obey God. The quintessence of spirituality: Love God and become another God." -- Sri Chinmoy

I gave VirtualBox a try, but unfortunately Windows 98 isn't supported so it didn't work out too well. I managed to get the game started but the performance was terrible.

I'm now experimenting with Windows Virtual PC. It's working better - the game runs, but without hardware acceleration, and it still crashes occasionally.

My graphics card is a Radeon 4XXX, but I've tried on my laptop with Intel graphics without it making any difference, which I guess is to be expected when using virtualization.

I haven't tried an older patch, so I may do that... though I'd be disappointed to lose the improvements in the newer patches.