Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The essence of all creature's battle characteristics

Default Re: The essence of all creature's battle characteristics

Yes, that was the thing, unfortunatlely I don't knew how to explain the "back and forth" concept in English... So it's a bug?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

It's hard to say if it's a bug or not, but by looking the way it works, I don't think it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let me explain how I think I see it occurring: When a creature's speed becomes too high, the creature's position moves at a greater distance each time he's doing a step. When that creature reaches an enemy, the game checks if he's close enough to perform a hit and if he's not, the creature moves a bit further. But since his speed is too high, the creature becomes so close to the enemy, he has to backup. By doing that backup, he moves too far from the enemy and must get closer, and so on into a constant loop. It doesn't occur all the time though. Sometimes, the enemy has to move slightly so that the creature will be in a correct distance and act normally. That's why it happens. Is there a way to fix this? The only solution I see is to reduce the creature's speed but on another side, I think it makes quite an interesting feature and perhaps Bullfrog exploited it on some creatures, the same ones I mentioned previously.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

I'm playing at DjzeeAr's Quest for the Hero campaign. In this campaign Hornies have 220 of attack, but 255 of luck. They can crash a Dungeon Heart a very few hits. So, I'm still convinced that the "luck" isn't a real probabilistic factor, but more an attack coefficient: with 220 ATK and 25 Luck he crashed the Heart in 40 hits; with 255 of luck it took just 25 hits to crash the Heart...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    I'm playing at DjzeeAr's Quest for the Hero campaign. In this campaign Hornies have 220 of attack, but 255 of luck. They can crash a Dungeon Heart a very few hits. So, I'm still convinced that the "luck" isn't a real probabilistic factor, but more an attack coefficient: with 220 ATK and 25 Luck he crashed the Heart in 40 hits; with 255 of luck it took just 25 hits to crash the Heart...
    What level are they? And this is, of course, FX, right? Even with double damage, it should take more than 40 hits to destroy the dungeon heart with an attack of 220, unless the Heart health has been modified. 220 attack doubled and multiplied by 40 is 17600, which is a long ways off from the Heart's 30000 Health.

And I have tested the Luck value. It is simply the chance to double damage. It's been a while since I testplayed it, but Luck seems to only cause double damage.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; January 14th, 2013 at 19:40.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

I think it also does double defence as both mentioned in the manual and luck description in-game. Only the code would reveal the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    I think it also does double defence as both mentioned in the manual and luck description in-game. Only the code would reveal the truth.
    Manual and in-game descriptions are very wrong about a lot of things, I think you and I should know that equally well. I did actually test this before and, from what I recall from my testing, it seemed Luck did not cause double defense. I also recall heavily considering how to do a major revision of my patch based on this. I had to update the Spider especially since I gave him ridiculously high luck as apart of his unique gimmick.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

I know there were some things wrong. All I know from Luck is that it may causes double damage for a hit. I don't know about Defence and it's fine if you have tested it, but like I said previously, only the code would reveal what it really does.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I did actually test this before and, from what I recall from my testing, it seemed Luck did not cause double defense.
    I don't know how exactly you are tested it, but there is a guaranteed way.

Let's take two creatures, Thief 1lvl with 250 hp and Warlock 10lvl with 415 Meteor damage, for example. Then set to Thief's Armor value equal 64 (25% dam. red.) and to his Luck value equal 125 (50% chance to 2x dam. red.); Warlock's Luck meanwhile must set to 0 to prevent inaccuracy testing. If a Thief can survive one Meteor hit, then Luck has effect, otherwise it will either not affect or may have an impact on anything else. On chance to dodge, for example (most likely in-game check this will not possible). I have not tried this yet.

Now I have few questions about Luck.

1. Armor variates from 0 to 255 with cap at value 204 equal 80% dam. red. Then what cap value for Luck?
    2. How Luck works with multi-hitting attack spells such as Lightning (10 hits max) and Hailstorm (15 hits max)? I mean how way damage calculation goes. On each particular hit or on all spell completely?

Quote Originally Posted by VoidWeaver View Post
    I don't know how exactly you are tested it, but there is a guaranteed way.

Let's take two creatures, Thief 1lvl with 250 hp and Warlock 10lvl with 415 Meteor damage, for example. Then set to Thief's Armor value equal 64 (25% dam. red.) and to his Luck value equal 125 (50% chance to 2x dam. red.); Warlock's Luck meanwhile must set to 0 to prevent inaccuracy testing. If a Thief can survive one Meteor hit, then Luck has effect, otherwise it will either not affect or may have an impact on anything else. On chance to dodge, for example (most likely in-game check this will not possible). I have not tried this yet.
    Don't you think this is how I playtested it? It's not hard to figure out a guaranteed method to prove something such as this.

1. Armor variates from 0 to 255 with cap at value 204 equal 80% dam. red. Then what cap value for Luck?
    Armor's cap is 210, not 204. I don't remember if Luck had a cap on it though. I'd have to test that again.

2. How Luck works with multi-hitting attack spells such as Lightning (10 hits max) and Hailstorm (15 hits max)? I mean how way damage calculation goes. On each particular hit or on all spell completely?
    First off, Hailstorm hits 32 times max, not 15. Secondly, each hit is treated like an individual hit. In other words, all of those 32 pieces of hail have an individual chance to deal double damage and that chance is not effected by any other hail piece at all.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Armor's cap is 210, not 204.
    Pretty sure that unless mefistotelis changed it for some random reason, this snippet of KeeperFX source code would still be accurate.

The Awakening