Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Several questions

Default Several questions

Hey all,

It's awesome to have DK for win 7 !

I do have some question though:

1. How to make a large dungeon heart ? ( See Ss ) scr00019.bmp

2. How to make a landscape for a campaign ? ( .pal and .raw files ? What programs are required ? )

3. I've edited all creatures and when I start a level I need to exit the level and enter it again. If I don't, the creatures changes aren't loaded properly. Any solution ?

I've read some topics about the sound problems. The sounds are playing 1/2, but when the sound starts and you pause the game the whole sound plays.

Thanks

Default Re: Several questions

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    1. How to make a large dungeon heart ? ( See Ss ) scr00019.bmp
    If you use ADiKtED to edit maps, you can easily change a dungeon heart's pedestal size however large you want. It's not possible to do in the official Dungeon Keeper editor.

3. I've edited all creatures and when I start a level I need to exit the level and enter it again. If I don't, the creatures changes aren't loaded properly. Any solution ?
    Are you loading a saved game? That could be the reason. Saved games store creature data, so creature changes won't be applied until you reload the stage anew. Otherwise, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    If you use ADiKtED to edit maps, you can easily change a dungeon heart's pedestal size however large you want. It's not possible to do in the official Dungeon Keeper editor.

Are you loading a saved game? That could be the reason. Saved games store creature data, so creature changes won't be applied until you reload the stage anew. Otherwise, I don't know.
    I'll get the ADiKtED map editor, thanks for the quick reply. I'm not loading a saved game ( I know it doesn't work then ), I just enter a random new level and when I check the health of all creatures they are already injured ? ( So apparantly it loads the normal creatures, but when I quit that level and enter it again, their not injured ( loaded properly )).

Inside a campaign script you can set a location for the creatures and land, is there also a command for fxdata location ? ( So I can edit spells and gold blocks without affecting all campaigns )
    Last edited by Archer; March 9th, 2012 at 23:58. Reason: Forgot something

I'm not loading a saved game ( I know it doesn't work then ), I just enter a random new level and when I check the health of all creatures they are already injured ? ( So apparantly it loads the normal creatures, but when I quit that level and enter it again, their not injured ( loaded properly )).
    In this case, there's an overflow in the creatures' health stat, causing the creatures' current health to overflow and turn out to a low value (this happens if the creature's health exceeds 65535). Be sure not to use health stats above 7895, so that creatures' health can't go above 32767 (which overflows into a negative number and kills them upon loading the map).

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    In this case, there's an overflow in the creatures' health stat, causing the creatures' current health to overflow and turn out to a low value (this happens if the creature's health exceeds 65535). Be sure not to use health stats above 7895, so that creatures' health can't go above 32767 (which overflows into a negative number and kills them upon loading the map).
    This can't be it. My highest health stat on one of my creatures is 2000. Besides it only occurs when I've entered the level for the first time, if I leave the level and enter is again all creatures are at full hp.

I've got a question about the display objective or information. I got a .dat file full of text and when I put the following command in my level script the information button comes, but there is no text inside it:

IF(PLAYER0,IMP > 0)
    DISPLAY_INFORMATION(1,PLAYER0)
    ENDIF

If I use QUICK_INFORMATION(1,"You got the Imps you need !") it works but the button doesn't glow.

I use the .dat file from Ancient Keeper ( just to test ) and I also tested information number 130 ( number 130 is used in one of the ancient keeper levels so that should work ). The button comes ( and glows ) but no text inside.
    Last edited by Archer; March 11th, 2012 at 20:31.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

For the health thing, it really should be something about an overflow somewhere. Check the script as there's probably a SET_CREATURE_HEALTH somewhere. Otherwise, I have no idea.

For the text thing, ensure you have modified the file correctly first, ensure you use the correct language and ensure you alter the .DAT file corresponding to the campaign.

By the way, DISPLAY_INFORMATION has a single property, not 2. You must remove the player name so that it gives: DISPLAY_INFORMATION(X)

The QUICK_INFORMATION not glowing has already been reported I think. It doesn't glow, but at least, it works.

Finally, for making campaign landscapes, read this.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    For the health thing, it really should be something about an overflow somewhere. Check the script as there's probably a SET_CREATURE_HEALTH somewhere. Otherwise, I have no idea.

For the text thing, ensure you have modified the file correctly first, ensure you use the correct language and ensure you alter the .DAT file corresponding to the campaign.

By the way, DISPLAY_INFORMATION has a single property, not 2. You must remove the player name so that it gives: DISPLAY_INFORMATION(X)

The QUICK_INFORMATION not glowing has already been reported I think. It doesn't glow, but at least, it works.

Finally, for making campaign landscapes, read this.
    The problem with the health is not only there on 1 specific level, each level I enter got the problem creatures aren't at full health when using my modified creatures ( Even if I enter level 1 from classic DK or any standalone map ).

I've downloaded DKtools and made/changed some strings to test it out. Works fine now.

Another quite unusual problem :

ADD_TUNNELLER_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,TROOPA,-3,DUNGEON,0,5,300) ( Tunneller works, no problem at all )

Party :

5 Archers level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    4 Archers level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    3 Archers level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    3 Wizards level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    2 Wizards level 3 ( They don't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))
    1 Wizard level 3 ( He doesn't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly ))
    1 Wizard level 1 ( He doesn't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly ))
    2 Wizards level 1 ( They don't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))
    3 Wizards level 1 ( They don't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))
    3/4 Archers level 1 ( They don't follow the tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))

What I would like to use is one Wizard level 1 following the Tunneller, but it seems that that's not possible ?. Here's a video where you can see the Tunneller works fine, but the Wizards aren't following the Tunneller ( just walking like a party ) :

CREATE_PARTY(TROOPA)
    ADD_TO_PARTY(TROOPA,WIZARD,1,200,ATTACK_ENEMIES,0)

I'll add a link where you can see 3 level 3 Archers following the Tunneller ( otherwise the post might be to big ). So parties need to contain 3 members and be level 2+ to be able to follow a Tunneller ? Link :

http://youtu.be/JOhNA95DUm0

Note : I used a level 1 Tunneller also to test this.
    Last edited by Archer; March 14th, 2012 at 01:42.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    The problem with the health is not only there on 1 specific level, each level I enter got the problem creatures aren't at full health when using my modified creatures ( Even if I enter level 1 from classic DK or any standalone map ).
    Then there's something in your modifications that doesn't work properly. The only way to check this out is either providing the file with the modifications for a look or reverting the changes to more normal values.

An other quite unusual problem :

ADD_TUNNELLER_PARTY_TO_LEVEL(PLAYER_GOOD,TROOPA,-3,DUNGEON,0,5,300) ( Tunneller works, no problem at all )

Party :

5 Archers level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    4 Archers level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    3 Archers level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    3 Wizards level 3 ( They follow the Tunneller )
    2 Wizards level 3 ( They don't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))
    2 Wizards level 1 ( They don't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))
    3 Wizards level 1 ( They don't follow the Tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))
    3/4 Archers level 1 ( They don't follow the tunneller ( just walking randomly like a party ))

What I would like to use is one Wizard level 1 following the Tunneller, but it seems that that's not possible ?. Here's a video where you can see the Tunneller works fine, but the Wizards aren't following the Tunneller ( just walking like a party ) :

http://youtu.be/o1oLscnnJ4Q

CREATE_PARTY(TROOPA)

I'll add a link where you can see 3 level 3 Archers following the Tunneller ( otherwise the post might be to big ). So parties need to contain 3 members and be level 2+ to be able to follow a Tunneller ? Link :

http://youtu.be/JOhNA95DUm0

Note : I used a level 1 Tunneller also to test this.
    Hmm, I need to check this out under the normal game versus KeeperFX. Here, I'm wondering if these rules apply to tunneller parties as well. It may be a KeeperFX bug, but I'll have to confirm this.

EDIT: Okay. Just tested and it works the same under both versions. You must follow these rules in order you want your party to follow the tunneller:
    • One of the members has to be at least of level 2. The members of the party keep following these rules so, your future leader (if the tunneller dies) must be at least at the second position. For example, a party with a level 1 added first and a level 2 added after will work, not a level 2 added first with a level 1 added after.
    • You must at least have 2 members in your party in order for them to follow the tunneller. Single-membered parties DON'T follow tunnellers.

Are you sure? Because it shouldn't (tested and confirmed working). Try it again and record a movie if really it doesn't work.

Normal, because you either have 1 member in your party or all the members of your party are level 1.

What I would like to use is one Wizard level 1 following the Tunneller, but it seems that that's not possible ?
    Unfortunately, yeah, you can't. You must add an extra member to the party and make it level 2 or more.

Hope that helps!

And by the way, tunnellers aren't working properly. Once they performed a breach, they wander around instead of leading the party toward the dungeon heart.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; March 14th, 2012 at 04:35.

Then there's something in your modifications that doesn't work properly. The only way to check this out is either providing the file with the modifications for a look or reverting the changes to more normal values.
    I assume it could be something different that the health value ? for example avatar got 1500 health instead of 3k and horny got 1900 instead of 2k. most other creatures got some more then in classic DK. What is the cap for all creatures together ?

Are you sure? Because it shouldn't (tested and confirmed working). Try it again and record a movie if really it doesn't work.
    This indeed does work. I've edited most parties and they are now following the tunneller. Thank you .

And by the way, tunnellers aren't working properly. Once they performed a breach, they wander around instead of leading the party toward the dungeon heart.
    That's true, but you or M are going/are looking into this ?
    Last edited by Archer; March 15th, 2012 at 08:55.

Gamer IDs

Oh, for the health thing, I think the game first initialises the data from the original campaign first THEN alters the values in a secondary campaign. Try using similar .CFG files for creatures. If really, that's the problen, then something should be fix to avoid that weird bug.

Only Mefisto could fix the problems, unless I try to put my paws into the code.