Gold Held: Moderate
    Unit Type: Hero

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    Level 3: Protect Self
    Level 5: Protect Other
    Level 7: Power Self*
    Level 10: Guard**

Power Self* Increases Strength by 15% for 9 seconds. 34 Second Recharge.

Guard** Effects several Surrounding Allies. (max of five) The next attack to hit the Effected Units will do only Half Damage. If the Effected Allies are not hit within 5 seconds, the Guard effect fades. 49 Second Recharge.

Special Abilities:
    Fearless
    The Guardian is immune to all Fear Attacks and will never Flee from battle unless ordered to (Player Activates Flee)

Skillful
    This effects the enemy the Guardian is currently attacking/focused on. It ignores the enemy's Luck Value, meaning he cannot Double Attack or Double Dodge.

Slap Motivation
    When the Guardian is slapped, and DOES NOT have the Efficiancy Boost that the Slap normally would give him, he will not get annoyed. He'll only get annoyed if he is slapped while already having an Efficiancy Boost.

Information

Author's Note
    A very old suggestion of mine that was originally named the "Knight Star". I decided to revise it and turned it into the Unit you see here. He's a bit of a tank Unit that is somewhat slow, and has a very serious soldier like character. His name became the "Gladiator", which was suggested by someone else on a separate forum. I revised him a bit more again to form the "Guardian", and made him into a more unique unit type, a "Defender Tank". Although it clearly is something I made up, I think it is more like a unique type of tank in that it focuses not only on being able to take hits himself but also to defend nearby allies by buffing them up with Protect and using his Guard spell. The name "Guardian" was suggested by Mothrayas.

About the Guardian
    Guardians are powerful warriors that service the Heroes as guards, as their name suggests. They strike fear in most opponents, and are dangerous when backed up by support. These combat-lovers carry very tough armor, and weild Flails, sharing almost no weakness. They are very loyal and serious about what they do, and are willing to give their life for those in which they protect. They are proud warriors til the end.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    Guardians are rarely seen in their Lairs, unless they're injured and must heal, because they hate to slack off. They always wish to make the best of their time, and to prove to their master that they're useful. They enjoy Training and Guarding with other Creatures. They will commence Partner Training, if another Creature is in the Training Room, thus increasing Training Room efficiency. Guardians are willing to wait many long hours in the Guard Room if unable to Train. They don't mind long waits, and stand guard with pride until an enemy finds its way onto their turf. If they're unable to Train nor Guard, then they will try their hands at Manufacturing. They're not top-notch Manufacturers for sure, but they can still do a decent job at it, and still desire to do work of some kind. They will do any job you tell them to, no matter how bad they are at the Job. They will always attempt it.

Guardians are capable of working with any Creature, and do not have any preference between cute lovely Fairies or fat sickening Bile Demons. As long as they are on the same time and making good progress, the Guardian will work hard with any Creature or Hero. Although Guardians love combat, they will not start fights in your dungeon because it would go against your will, and they are quite loyal. Guardians will, however, wake sleeping Creatures that he passes by if they are uninjured and you assigned them to do a certain job. He will hit them once, dealing some damage and possibly annoying them, but effectively motivating them to continue work.

Guardians are fairly hard to annoy, but there are still ways. The Guardian doesn't mind a slap for motivation to work, as his Slap Motivation Special Ability would imply. If, however, he is slapped repeatedly while already having his extra motivation to work, he will get annoyed very easily. The reason is because it hurts his pride quite a bit. The other thing that can annoy a Guardian is not putting him to work for too long. The Guardian desires to feel useful and to work hard in order to help him feel proud, so without this, he will become quite the unhappy warrior.

Behavior Outside of Dungeon:
    Guardians are often found throughout Hero Fortresses, or leading Hero Invasions. They're often in front of Archers and Wizards, ready to defend thier lives. They can also be found protecting secret or important areas, due to the amount of loyalty they have and thus giving reason for the Lord of the Land to trust them guarding said areas.

Behavior in Battle:
    Defender Tank Unit
    Guardians are at the front lines, preventing any from passing by them. They're capable of taking a lot of hits, or tanking rather, thanks to Protect and their already High Armor. Using Protect Other as well as Guard, they can be even more useful when it comes to defending support units, aka being a Defender Unit. They don't deal a great amount of damage, but they're not bad either. This is changed once they get Power Self, in which they'll be able to have a bit more Firepower for a short period of time. They're fearless in Battle, and can be quite a bit threatening to most enemies.

Strengths:
    • Effective Tank Unit that can Defend Other Allies
    • Very Loyal and Hard to Annoy
    • Always Willing to Work

Weaknesses:
    • Slightly Slow Unit Both In and out of Battle
    • Somewhat Expensive with Training Cost and Wage
    • Isn't as Useful Outside of Battle

Jobs:
    Guardians have a simple Natural Job Pattern: Train, Guard, Manufacture. They're willing to do any other job if you assign them to it. They also have a new Job, which is called Waking the Lazy. It is constantly active. As described in the Behavior in Dungeon section, they will wake up any sleeping Creature if they're uninjured and the Player assigned them to a job. They'll hit them, doing damage and possibly annoying them, but as a result, the Creature will get right back to work.

When the Guardian does become angry, he won't cause you any damage but simply bid you farewell and leave the Dungeon.

Lair and Food:
    The Guardian's Lair appears to be nothing but a tall candle like below:

When sleeping, the Guardian will crouch down next to it. It takes up two Tiles only, and the Guardian has no Lair Enemies.

The Guardian doesn't get hungry very often, but he eats large meals. He'll eat three chickens every time he comes by the Hatchery for food.

Loves:
    Fighting
    Training
    Working

Hates:
    Doing Nothing
    Being Useless

Character Appearance:
    He's about the same size as the average human, wear a full suit of armor, and be equiped with both a shield and a Flail.
    The image below works well for his armor, and maybe even his shield too. Thanks to Evi for showing me the picture. (Click for larger image)

For the Helmet, I like this first one quite a bit. Another possibility is the second one.

For the Flail, this one below would work quite well I imagine. Keep it simple.

Spell Effects:
    Power Self
    The Caster will glow red while the spell is still taking effect. They will glow brighter and brighter very quickly then reach a peak of brightness, and dim down to the original brightness afterwards. Then it repeats.

Guard
    There are four or five stars circling the effected target, similar to the DK2 Invulnerable effect. The stars move up and down the target much like Slow in DK1.

How Introduced:
    Hero, Early-Mid Game

Obtainable By:
    Neutrals, Convertable, Portal, Temple

Attraction:
    25 Tiles of Training Room
    1 Tile of Guard Post

Sacrifice Combination: Orc + Troll
    Hero Sacrifice Combination: Barbarian + Mountain Dwarf

While they can be found as neutrals, the possibility is extremely low as they usually would serve under the Heroes.

Entrance Effect
    The Guardian floats up from the Portal, and then twirls his Flail's spikeball then dashes forward onto the dungeon land as he swings his weapon forward.

Torture:
    Being smashed in the head with his own Flail.

Stat Value Order (1/10 kinda thing)

Crap
    Extremely Low
    Very Low
    Low
    Below Average
    Moderate
    Above Average
    High
    Very High
    Extremely High
    Extraoridnarily High
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; June 11th, 2011 at 19:46. Reason: Prefix added
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Knight Star

this guy reminds me a LOOOOOOT to the cleric from D&D

some images of reference to help yah...

http://myskitch.com/isaacschlueter/c...202-031607.jpg
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/EP..._C1_cleric.jpg

He seems pretty standart and well balanced its like some sort of "jack-of-all-trades" unit... something that does a little of everything... and yet its not a master on anything... maybe a minor offensive magic spell could complement him...

Still needs more improvement but i really like the idea...

4 tentacle r***s out of 5 8DDD

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Omega MK2 View Post
    this guy reminds me a LOOOOOOT to the cleric from D&D

some images of reference to help yah...

http://myskitch.com/isaacschlueter/c...202-031607.jpg
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/EP..._C1_cleric.jpg

He seems pretty standart and well balanced its like some sort of "jack-of-all-trades" unit... something that does a little of everything... and yet its not a master on anything... maybe a minor offensive magic spell could complement him...

Still needs more improvement but i really like the idea...

4 tentacle r***s out of 5 8DDD
    Lol, yeah. In battle he can be pretty good beside a Knight. He's quicker s harder to hit. And can give the workshop a boost if you're low on gold. Magic doesn't work well with knights in the offensive setting, mostly for personal upgrades. He does have speed at level 4, knight doesn't get that at all. Gives him an overal boost. Specifically what should be improved?

Lol, who got r****? Mistress, Fairy, Witch, and Dark Elf I presume? Lol.

Tesonu is napping!

Oh crap, I realized I listed him as a creature, he's a hero! Damn... let me see if I can change that...

Edit-
    Nope, can't... oh well...

Duke Ragereaver Edit: Fixed!
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; October 10th, 2009 at 17:05.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Lol, yeah. In battle he can be pretty good beside a Knight. He's quicker s harder to hit. And can give the workshop a boost if you're low on gold. Magic doesn't work well with knights in the offensive setting, mostly for personal upgrades. He does have speed at level 4, knight doesn't get that at all. Gives him an overal boost. Specifically what should be improved?

Lol, who got r****? Mistress, Fairy, Witch, and Dark Elf I presume? Lol.
    For now... more details on his behavior in dungeon (converted)

There, I edited the description. I also added my vision of him in the apperance too.

Tesonu is napping!

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

I like the idea of a different version of the Knight.

Keep in mind that he isn't exactly a "Knight" as DK1/DK2 put him. He's faster with some bonus spells. Not quite as fast as the Samurai as he has no armor, while the Knight Star has light armor.

Tesonu is napping!

BUMP!!!

Major Update
    Also how do you like the new name?

Tesonu is napping!

Whenever i think of a Gladiator, i usually think of them wearing very little armor, since thats what they were like in actuality. Usually only in vital parts, to allow menouverability.

Pic related. The shield is wielded in one hand, so that provides protection for one arm and other area's assuming the wielder is skilled in its use, and the banded brass covering the other arm provides some protection for the shieldless arm. Only the leg/shin on the side opposite of the shield is armored because the shield can be lowered to protect the other. Naturally the head should be protected. This is just an example, as not all gladiators used shields. Im just pointing out that Gladiators favor menouverability and startegic placement of defenses that do not restrict movement.

I approve of the idea of a Gladiator Hero, aswell as an evil counterpart. They would not however clad themselves in anything resembling the armor of a Teutonic Knight, seen in the OP, or even wear full plate, which throughly restricts movement and tired the wearer out.

I also do not see a Gladiator loving Manufacturing. One being a gaurding enthusiast also strikes me as a bit odd.

One thing a Gladiator could do is pair up with another creature in the training room to spar with, conferring a small experience gain bonus on the partner, this could represent the Gladiator instructing the sparring partner on one on one fighting strategies and techniques.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roman-gladiatorcol_tcm4-133958.gif 
Views:	11 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	518