Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What are your favourite Creatures?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: What are your favourite Creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Most creatures with Heal is a no-go for the Archer. They indeed can kite melee creatures because Archers got Speed and Slow but "run out of room" ? Every ranged creature makes turns to make room.

You're right about the Demonspawn but I mostly like it because of the animations.
    I really liked the Archer's unique role as a speedy Support Unit, taking advantage of Movement Speed like that. Too bad he's a bit on the weak side overall in terms of usefulness. In my own balance patch, I gave him a buff. He needed it.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I really liked the Archer's unique role as a speedy Support Unit, taking advantage of Movement Speed like that. Too bad he's a bit on the weak side overall in terms of usefulness. In my own balance patch, I gave him a buff. He needed it.
    Exactly, he Archer is a nice and fast creature but like you said he's a bit to weak. He sure can use a buff like Rebound or Heal.

Liked typo or you don't like the Archer anymore ?

Exactly, he Archer is a nice and fast creature but like you said he's a bit to weak. He sure can use a buff like Rebound or Heal.

Liked typo or you don't like the Archer anymore ?
    I still like the Archer in terms of how he functions. He's in the right direction for an interesting Unit. Rebound or Heal would be a strong buff but not the kind of buff that he needs, it doesn't really fit him.

Tesonu is napping!

I still like the Archer in terms of how he functions. He's in the right direction for an interesting Unit. Rebound or Heal would be a strong buff but not the kind of buff that he needs, it doesn't really fit him.
    Ah, you ment buff in another way. True, it doesn't fit the Archer but it does give him a higher % chance to survive with one of those spells ( note : other spells also increases % chance to survive but Rebound and Heal has a higher % chance than most others ) .

Ah, you ment buff in another way. True, it doesn't fit the Archer but it does give him a higher % chance to survive with one of those spells ( note : other spells also increases % chance to survive but Rebound and Heal has a higher % chance than most others ) .
    Too much higher, in fact, Rebound might make him overpowered. It's not about just finding buffs, you need to make sure he remains balanced with a fair share of strengths and weaknesses too. The Archer's biggest strength is his advantage against Melee Units, being as he easily outruns them. His weakness would be generally ranged Units, with certain exceptions such as the Vampire. Giving him Rebound would eliminate most of his weaknesses as he would be able to reflect projectiles, a common weapon for ranged Units.

Tesonu is napping!

This is solved by strategic Room Placement, built the Library off to the side instead of in a busy passing area. You're generally supposed to build it in a secure location anyways to ensure that the enemy doesn't capture it easily.
    Many of the Deeper Dungeons maps (and some in the original campaign) have claimable spells and dungeon specials which imps have to take to your library. There is also pretty poor AI pathing no matter where you stick a library imps like to run through it even when it leads nowhere near their objective (For example you want to mine a block of gold above your base to the North, the "exit" from your base is to the South, imps tend to run to the North through your base first to get near to the block until they realise they cant get out that way THEN proceed to follow the correct route towards it. This is most notable in the first map of the "Ancient Keeper" custom campaign.

I'm 96.7% sure I haven't invented Sorceress being used, maybe a country specific thing or i've read it in a guide somewhere (I might even dig out my old "Handbook of Evil" that came free with a PC Gamer Issue, UK Version and see if that is the cause).

Quote Originally Posted by Lones View Post
    Many of the Deeper Dungeons maps (and some in the original campaign) have claimable spells and dungeon specials which imps have to take to your library. There is also pretty poor AI pathing no matter where you stick a library imps like to run through it even when it leads nowhere near their objective (For example you want to mine a block of gold above your base to the North, the "exit" from your base is to the South, imps tend to run to the North through your base first to get near to the block until they realise they cant get out that way THEN proceed to follow the correct route towards it. This is most notable in the first map of the "Ancient Keeper" custom campaign.
    That's interesting. I don't seem to have a problem when it comes to Warlocks whenever I place my Library off to the side.

Tesonu is napping!

Imp

I Like the horned reaper the most...
    why?
    because it's an unstoppable psychopath that just loves to kill...
    what more to say?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EnkerZan XFIRE ID: enkerz4n

Everybody loves the Reaper (if you don't, then you should not post in this forum. :-P )

DK1 Favorites:
    Creature Favorite - Mistress
    Hero Favorite - Knight

DK2 Favorites:
    Creature Favorite - Dark Angel
    Hero Favorite - Knight

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

DK1 Creature Favorite: Dragon
    DK2 Creature Favorite: Between Maiden and Dark Angel

DK1 Hero Favorite: Avatar/Priestess
    DK2 Hero Favorite: Stone Knight

As a side note.....

DK1 Creature Hatred: Reaper
    DK2 Creature Hatred: Firefly

DK1 Hero Hatred: Fairy
    DK2 Hero Hatred: See DK1 Hero Hatred.