Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spell Suggestions

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Spell Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    Cleanse - Removes all buff and debuffs from the creature its cast on. Obviously this would come in Self and Other variaties with the interesting note that the 'Other' could be useful in different situations against both allies and enemies.
    Interesting, but how would it effect Thunderstorm?

Deadweight - Renders caster immune to all throwback or wind effects in abilties by increasing their weight, but also slows their movement speed for its duration. If cast by a flying creature will likely make them drop out of the sky.
    Also interesting, but probably limited in use as there isn't a lot of knockback or anything. Might be good for whenever someone needs to fight defensively, like hold their position against a number of enemies, but isn't a very heavy fighter themselves. Would probably be more of a low level spell for physical units.

What do people think of Spell Specialization? This was an idea I once had and forgot about until now. Spell Specialization would allow a Creature to get a stronger variation of a certain Spell at the cost of having fewer Spells in general. The stronger Spell would be equal to the Spell's strength in Elite Status, and if the Spell is upgraded in Elite Status, then it would become even stronger.

I think with Spell Specialization, the Creature would get a standard variation of a normal Spell earlier on, then at a certain level, would upgrade it in a similar way they would upgrade the Spell in Elite Status.

Sorta like this:
    Level 1: Melee
    Level 2: Missile
    Level 3: Freeze
    Level 4: Heal Self
    Level 6: Hailstorm
    Level 7: Freeze*
    Level 8: Rebound
    Level 10: Teleport

For a Warlock, (Crystice) 6 Spells would be a step down from the standard 8, but that would be the cost of Spell Specialization. It takes up an extra slot. Even with Spell Specialization, the Spell can only be upgraded once in Elite Status. I think this alone would add a lot of potential for variety in Spell Sets, even if we didn't add any of the other suggested Spells.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Thorns - Your skin becomes thorny dealing ... damage when being hit by a physical attack. Last 15 hits.

Is dispellable by MC's Cleanse. Amount of damage needs to be discussed.

Tiger Stance - The creature goes into the stance of the tiger, has a 10% chance to remove all slow effects and increases movement speed by 50% when being hit by any damaging attack for 4 seconds. Tiger Stance lasts 16 seconds.

Took some time to make the name, can be changed if anyone knows more suitable name.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Thorns - Your skin becomes thorny dealing ... damage when being hit by a physical attack. Last 15 hits.
    A physical counter spell? Might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Tiger Stance - The creature goes into the stance of the tiger, has a 10% chance to remove all slow effects and increases movement speed by 50% when being hit by any damaging attack for 4 seconds. Tiger Stance lasts 16 seconds.
    I don't think that will really work, for reasons that MeinCookie explained earlier in response to Orion's idea.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

A better name for the "Thorn" spell might be "Briar".

Pheonix - When cast, this heals rather than hinders for all fire-based damage received until it runs out or the target is healed roughly 50%. Intended for primarily for Salamanders, Dragons or Giants.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Pheonix - When cast, this heals rather than hinders for all fire-based damage received until it runs out or the target is healed roughly 50%. Intended for primarily for Salamanders, Dragons or Giants.
    Could make it so that such a spell is only for lava based Creatures.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Frost Armor - Like Phoenix, only for Ice damage.
    Static - Same thing as others, only with Thunder Damage.
    Curse - Causes weakness to debuffs and increased damage gain. Does not work near/at holy creatures. (High or not, your choice)
    Slay - Attack which ignores resistances and has a chance to cause the enemy to start bleeding profusely, the wound refusing to close unless they get to a lair. (High Power)
    (Insert stat here) Drain - Very long cooldown, but temporarily drains a certain stat to the caster.
    Holy Fire - White fire that causes extremely high damage (Only usable for Holy hero bosses)
    Dark Fire - Black fire, same as Holy Fire, but for creatures.
    Last edited by ARMofORION; March 31st, 2012 at 01:49.

So far, the following are ideas I would be accepting:

General Spell Suggestions:
    • High Power Spells
    • NPC Only Spells
    • DK2's Possession Abilities for Classes

Standard Spell Suggestions:
    • Fear
    • Ice Shard
    • Shine
    • Tornado
    • Flight Other
    • Flight Group
    • Heal Group
    • Protect Group

High Power Spell Suggestions:
    • Chicken
    • Invulnerability
    • Summon Skeleton
    • Thunderstorm
    • Word of Power

NPC Only Spells:
    • Invisibility Other
    • Invisibility Group
    • Rebound Other
    • Rebound Group
    • Speed Group

...Yeah I sort of added a few ideas. I think Flight really should have an Other.

As for the Group Spells, the way they work is that they cast the spell on the Caster and 2 Allies. The limitation about the spell type is that compared to the Other Spell Type, the ally must be right next to them/very close by in order for the Spell to reach them. Also, it is Level 6+ only.

If anyone has any rejects or truly seeks approval of another idea, do tell.

I'm going to make a decision on Friday night if it hasn't been made clear enough already, so you have by then to give me your opinion.

Tesonu is napping!

As there were no vetos or new suggestions, I'll be accepting everything made in the list in the previous post.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: RPG Suggestion Thread

I was thinking... what about 'Curse of Rebound' as an elite spell?

Prevents all beneficial spells from being cast on a creature, such as heal, protect, speed or conceal other.

I think it could be used by heroes to prevent the all but inevitable heal, speed, protect and conceal other spell combinations our creatures could create, which would obviously be rather overpowered. As a direct counterpart to rebound, it is also an established spell in the game and therefore isn't lorebreaking.

Arguably it could also be used to prevent keeper spells working on creatures too, but I think that might be push it into overpowered territory.

Thoughts?

Default Re: RPG Suggestion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    I was thinking... what about 'Curse of Rebound' as an elite spell?

Prevents all beneficial spells from being cast on a creature, such as heal, protect, speed or conceal other.

I think it could be used by heroes to prevent the all but inevitable heal, speed, protect and conceal other spell combinations our creatures could create, which would obviously be rather overpowered. As a direct counterpart to rebound, it is also an established spell in the game and therefore isn't lorebreaking.

Arguably it could also be used to prevent keeper spells working on creatures too, but I think that might be push it into overpowered territory.

Thoughts?
    Reminds me of the Disable Spell that was owned by my Witch Suggestion from WftO, which cancelled out all of an enemy Unit's current buffs and prevented them from being buffed for a certain period of time. The only difference was that Creatures could still be healed.

Anyways, as a High Power Spell, yeah I think it could work. May want to consider removing the inability to be healed, however. I definitely think it should effect Creature buffs only. Perhaps we could simply call it the Curse Spell?

On that note, what about some sort of Vulnerability Spell, (name also taken from my Witch Suggestion) which is the reverse of Protect, in that it reduces a Unit's armor? There already seems to be a counter for most of the basic buffs... Slow to Speed, Sight to Invisibility, but nothing for Protect. This new spell would fix that. Probably should give it a short effect time or make it Level 6 and above only.

Tesonu is napping!