Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Spell Suggestions

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: RPG Suggestion Thread

Ironic, I think, that I made the suggestion /only/ for it to prevent heal, yet you want it to work on the others but not heal (totally nothing to do with character development). Though from a balancing perspective, I see where you're coming from, as if a player creature were to use it on an enemy, they could puncture plot armour, thereby wrecking something important.

I did mean High Power (I should have looked for the key term...).

I like the concept of vulnerability (call it sunder armour, perhaps?) as an opposite. The idea of the spectrum working on an opposing basis is interesting. If we were to adopt vulnerability, would a purely anti-heal mechanism not work, too? A neurotoxin or some such which prevents healing magics being effective, maybe? I'd like input from more people before I talk further, lest I sound like a far reaching git.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    I like the concept of vulnerability (call it sunder armour, perhaps?) as an opposite.
    I was thinking of using the name "Spell that Lowers Armor" but that works too. Any other name suggestions?

The idea of the spectrum working on an opposing basis is interesting. If we were to adopt vulnerability, would a purely anti-heal mechanism not work, too? A neurotoxin or some such which prevents healing magics being effective, maybe? I'd like input from more people before I talk further, lest I sound like a far reaching git.
    We already have Anti-Healing mechanisms. It's called "Damage".

Seriously though, Heal isn't that strong a spell when you think about it. It heals 25% at max potential, which can be quickly lost again unless the Unit is really good defensively in any way. Only time it is really effective is if there are multiple Healers, but there will likely be more than one injured so it will be hard for any set of Healers to focus on healing one Creature.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Does anyone have any feedback on the previous two Spell Ideas? I really like them, and would like to add them but I'm not going to implement them based on the feedback of only two individuals, due to them being significantly different from the other Spells in my opinion.

Also, I should be noted that this is the current definition for the various Heal Spells:

Code:
    Heal Creature       - Restores 5 to 25 percent health to an ally target. When upgraded, restores 10-40 percent health

Heal Group          - Restores 5 to 20 percent health to the caster and two nearby ally targets. When upgraded, restores
                          5-35 percent health
                          (Level 6 or above only)

Heal Self           - Restores 5 to 30 percent health to the caster. When upgraded, restores 15-45 percent health
    Noted because these Spells need definitions for their upgraded forms, but also because I increased the maximum potential effects of Heal Self from 25% to 30%. I felt it should be an advantage that Heal Self would have over Heal Other.

Tesonu is napping!

Another idea for a Spell. Perhaps some sort of Status Protect, which retains a Unit's default status. It would be effective against Freeze, Slow, Fear, Stun, Wind, Poison, Poison Cloud and any kind of Burning. (Wouldn't reduce fire damage, however) Web, however, would still be effective. As a drawback, it also cancels out all buffs. Alternatively, it could only work against Freeze, Slow, Fear, and Poison but it would cancel out Healing.

Or perhaps we could heavily simplify it and call it "Restore", which would cancel out all types of Status Effects, good and bad, but only at the time of the casting.

What about a Spell called something like "Warmth", which would cancel out Freeze for Self or an Ally? This was pretty much my original idea that sprouted out into the above.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Default Re: Spell Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post

Cleanse - Removes all buff and debuffs from the creature its cast on. Obviously this would come in Self and Other variaties with the interesting note that the 'Other' could be useful in different situations against both allies and enemies.

This would counteract Slow, Speed, Protect, Poison, Fear...

Might possibly effect Invulerability, Thunderstorm....

Wouldn't effect Freeze, Web, Invisibility, Chicken....

Obviously it wouldn't effect any abilities which don't have a time-element.
    Looks a little familiar, MGR.

As far an iteration of the spell in which it lasts an instant and removes buffs and debuffs, sure. I feel, however, that certain status effects should be un-counterable bar keeper intervention or letting them run their normal course - poison, for example.
    Otherwise, I'm against it as it has too much overlap with protect and rebound, I think.

I feel warmth is unnecessary as we can easily roleplay that allies chip the ice or melt it with existing fire abilities. Similarly, I think burning effects should be countered with freeze, hailstorm or in game liquid sources.

On the other hand, the suggestion does make me think. Immunity to fear was inherent to skeletons in DK2 and, though we've yet to encounter a fear trap in the RP (to the best of my recollection, anyhow), I think fear immunity being a passive would make more sense than anything else. Admortis is going to stand a fight, but I can't imagine Vermillion doing much but soiling his trousers.

Looks a little familiar, MGR.
    Lol, I actually forgot about that suggestion. Even so, I'm still not fully certain about such an ability. Was just throwing an idea out there that I thought wasn't mentioned before and wanted to see what others thought of it.

As far an iteration of the spell in which it lasts an instant and removes buffs and debuffs, sure. I feel, however, that certain status effects should be un-counterable bar keeper intervention or letting them run their normal course - poison, for example.
    Otherwise, I'm against it as it has too much overlap with protect and rebound, I think.
    Chicken, Poison, Web, and maybe Fear for effects that are absolute?

What about making it a NPC only Spell? (Or making a stronger version of it NPC Only?)

I feel warmth is unnecessary as we can easily roleplay that allies chip the ice or melt it with existing fire abilities.
    Hm, you have a point there. Still, there are those who aren't physically strong and lack Fire abilities that would be trapped there. But I suppose they can still be freed by allies who break the ice with Fireballs. (Or just about anything, as Crystice did with Ithique using her Missiles)

Similarly, I think burning effects should be countered with freeze, hailstorm or in game liquid sources.
    And Fire based spells will ironically counter Freeze in that sense. :P

On the other hand, the suggestion does make me think. Immunity to fear was inherent to skeletons in DK2 and, though we've yet to encounter a fear trap in the RP (to the best of my recollection, anyhow), I think fear immunity being a passive would make more sense than anything else. Admortis is going to stand a fight, but I can't imagine Vermillion doing much but soiling his trousers.
    There's Fear Traps right in front of Hannibal's Dungeon, though we technically haven't actually encountered and interacted with them. Yeah perhaps Fear effects should just be defined by the Characters themselves.

Actually I imagine that Vermillion would speak to the Skeleton inside of it, then get angry because it called him a "poopy head", before throwing his knife at it then running around in crazy psycho mode before he ends up in a Treasury and starts eating Gold.

Tesonu is napping!

I just thought of something regarding the Summon Skeleton spell. Perhaps when upgraded, it can also summon a normal Skeleton at the cost of only being able to summon one compared to summoning two Lesser Skeletons? Just a thought.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

I was thinking that too.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

How about that Turncoat Spell? :D I think it actually might make for a very interesting spell if given to NPC Keepers only.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Isn't that a Keeper spell in the first place....?