Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Spell Suggestions

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Spell Suggestions

I'm fine with it. Considering its treated as an NPC unit of sorts, its going to refer to default balancing, meaning that they'll be weaker than Lesser Skeletons, if only in a barely noticable manner. On the bright side, it has more variety for the situation. That's the same balancing I had for Malsiah's Skeletons. Inferior to Lesser Skeletons but more specialized and variety. They also leveled up separately, which is another drawback. I'll have that in place for the Insects as well.

Now that we're on the topic of Spell Suggestions, let's talk about NPC Spells.

Summon Reaper

Summon Dungeon Keeper

Also, as a more serious suggestion, I would like to have both a Keeper Lightning and a Keeper Thunder spell. Basically this is like the Creature Lightning/Thunder, and it also grants the opportunity of having both DK1 and DK2 Lightning variations.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Here's some more. A bunch more. I have even a few more but they're not ready atm so I'll get them posted later.

Spell Suggestions:

Seal:
    Seals a single spell of an enemy unit, active or passive, preventing them from casting it for a short to medium period of time. The effect time can be cut short to reduce the recharge time of the spell. If canceled out by Purify or similar means, it does not shorten the recharge time.

Seal Group:
    Basically the group variation of Seal.

Seal All:
    Completely blocks all non-passive spells for a very brief period of time.

Great Seal:
    High Power spell. Completely blocks all spells for all units, enemies and allies alike, within a 2-3 tile radius for a brief period of time. The effect time can be cut short but there is no reduction in recharge time when doing so.

Note that the block from Seal is applied to an actual spell, rather than a technique. If an ability is achieved through non-magical means, then it cannot be sealed.

Sleep Self:
    Puts the castor into a sleep state, unable to react to anything. While asleep, the unit gains health as if in the Lair. The effect ends when the unit recovers either 20% of health or is attacked.

Sleep Other:
    Puts another unit, enemy or ally, into a sleep state, unable to react to anything. While asleep, the unit gains health as if in the Lair. The effect ends when the unit recovers either 15% of health or is attacked.

Sleep Group:
    Puts another unit and two nearby units of the same alliance into a sleep state, unable to react to anything. While asleep, the units gains health as if in the Lair. The effect ends when the unit recovers either 10% of health or is attacked.

Deep Sleep:
    High Power spell. Puts a unit, enemy, ally, or the castor into a deep sleep, unable to react to anything. While asleep, the unit gains twice the amount of health they would in the Lair, but the unit will not wake up if attacked. The effect ends when the unit recovers 50% of health.

Spell Alterations:

Web:
    Web now has a small AoE, consisting of only a single tile. I think it kinda worked that way but it was never fully established. It gives it more situational usage to help it battle against Freeze, which is generally better in normal situations.

Banishment:
    This can now be used to deal direct Holy damage to a target. Not sure if this was an intended effect as the original spell description was vague on the matter like with Web, but it seems to be a good idea to have this feature so I'll firmly establish it. Having it restricted to countering summonables is extremely situational, more so than Web, and there is a lack of single targeting damage High Power spells. There could be another one even as I don't think Banishment is going to deal that great of damage for a high power spell, unless the target is vulnerable to holy in which case it will probably destroy them. Also, as an extra use, Banishment can be used to remove stains and horrible graffiti. (fucking Grith)

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    "Your first minion has arrived. It's a giant Fly. It can spit corrosive vomit at your enemies and its wings grant the hideous insect the speed to intercept the most nimble trespassers."

Perhaps this "corrosive vomit" ability could be given to Flies to help them out with their usefulness problem. Make it a Unique Ability for them so they all have it and get it at Level 1. As far as effect goes, it could be used to destroy Protect spells, or simply damage the armor of a creature. Though the concern I have with the former is that it collides with the Dark Angel, but Dark Angels have plenty of other unique traits anyways. Thoughts?
    Also this idea never got a lot of feedback. I'm still up for it. Not a bad idea really in my opinion.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

I like seal for the potential RP it'd bring, but I'm obliged to point out that Seal All and Great Seal sound suspiciously like the 'Silence' spell from more traditional RPGs.

I'm more skeptical on sleep. More than just attacks should whack folk out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    I like seal for the potential RP it'd bring, but I'm obliged to point out that Seal All and Great Seal sound suspiciously like the 'Silence' spell from more traditional RPGs.
    Well of course, that's where the idea came from. I thought it was obvious :P

I would have called them Silence, but I feel that's far too inappropriate considering that spell castors in the DK universe don't really need to summon their magic vocally. An actual block that kind of magic or ability to produce that kind of spell makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Searingflame2 View Post
    I'm more skeptical on sleep. More than just attacks should whack folk out of it.
    Looking at it again, I am not fond of it either. Its tricky to give it more flexibility as it leads into a lot of subjective things, which can lead to a lot of problems. Its another disabler spell, like Freeze and Web.

What I think can be done is to turn it into a single spell that works like an alteration to Heal. It would be similar to Emmra's Gradual Healing technique actually, where it recovers more health over a larger period of time, but requires some downtime to do it rather than being instantaneous. I also want to remove a lot of the subjective possibilities with it that will merely add unnecessary complications.

Deep Sleep:
    Puts the castor or an ally into a deep sleep state, unable to react to anything. While asleep, they gain health at an accelerated rate, as if in the Lair. They cannot wake unless the Sleep spell is broken by the castor or a Purify spell, or the Sleep spell completely runs its course, which occurs when the target unit regains 35% Health. This spell is considered a status, so it cannot work on Reapers, etc.

Also, I'll bring in my other spell suggestions that I didn't finish last night. They're actually all high power spells, with the sole purpose of inspiration being that they balance out Thunderstorm and Banishment.

Blaze:
    Creates a quick and powerful blazing Fireball that deals massive damage with a bit of recoil and explodes upon impact for considerable knockback.

Blizzard Bomb:
    Creates an icy explosion over an area of up to five tiles, dealing minor to considerable damage to all enemies within the radius of the attack. It also slows targets down (50%) for a short period of time due to the cold, but this is not considered a Slow status and can be stacked with a real Slow spell. Damage is mostly concentrated in the central tile casting area. Targets within that area can also be Frozen for a brief period of time. Units who are resistant to Ice magic or cold can negate the slow effect, or if they're in the central casting area, they reduce the Freeze effect down to a slow spell.

Sonic Boom:
    Summons a blast of wind that deals considerable damage and has incredible knockback for the target. As the wind passes by other units on its way towards its intended target, it offers a knockback for any nearby units, allies and enemies, with a sort of doppler effect.

Ivy Blood:
    Passive. All spells have an additional Poison effect upon whatever targets they hit. It cannot stack with itself but can be doubled in effect with an actual Poison spell. However, it does have the negative side effect of halving any Heal magic, both when the Ivy Blood unit casts Heal magic and when Heal magic is cast on the Ivy Blood unit.

Terra Crack:
    Quickly creates a crack in the Earth, splitting the ground between the castor and the target (who can be up to 5 tiles away), causing a potentially massive stun, or at least complete loss of stability, for the target and any nearby units in addition to considerable to major damage depending on how much the units are effected by the ability. This ability can also deal a large amount of damage to Traps and Doors, or potentially destroy them outright depending on the Trap/Door itself and the accuracy of the attack.

Death Curse:
    Removes all buffs from the target and, for a short period of time, prevents buffs from being cast on them while dealing constant minor damage, like a Poison. Additionally, while the spell is still in effect, it causes the target to take 50% more damage. However, Undead units are immune to the damage increase effect.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; August 31st, 2013 at 03:27.

Tesonu is napping!

Alright, I added in all of the recently mentioned spells with the exception of the Sleep spells. I'm not as sure on those and will reconsider them at a later date.

Also, I did some minor reorganizing of the High Power spell list to make it more like the Alternative Spell List, where its organized by spell type rather than alphabetical.

Tesonu is napping!

A suggestion for a creeper, i mean, keeper spell:

Normally in both: DK games and DK RP, defeated dungeon hearts become useless and serve no real purpose other than reminder of what once was.

Being that these rooms can still be claimed it came into my mind: a spell that can allow you to transfer your dungeon heart into the space of the claimed destroyed dungeon heart. I realize that gameplay wise this would be a terrible idea as it can become very abusable, this is not the real deal DK however, in the RP scenario it can become a very useful tool to change into a better scenario or a more flexible situation should the realm be made with a terrible layout of poor thought out map design (yes, i am talking about Red Crystal Islands here)

Basically this idea came from the abandoned dungeon from RCI everytime i look at it i feel like it is a better suited, better outfited and more defendable dungeon then the tiny island Kuroki has. I also realize that dungeon transfering isn't exactly an impossible idea as dungeon keepers kinda do that when transfering from realm to realm. Of course it would take a gigantic amount of mana, i was think it would require max mana in order to do this to avoid it being used as an exploit and making sure it is used during times of calm and not during combat while the enemy force is at your doorstep.

I think this would give keepers in a bad situation (again, RCI) a chance to at least make up for those mistakes and give them some freedom to redeem mistakes from previous owners. (again, RCI)

I have a quick suggestion:

Poison Breath: Similar to the Frost Breath ability, only it poisons an enemy unit after a time, and is generally weaker than both Flame and Frost Breath abilities.

What do you think?
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Decagon View Post
    I have a quick suggestion:

Poison Breath: Similar to the Frost Breath ability, only it poisons an enemy unit after a time, and is generally weaker than both Flame and Frost Breath abilities.

What do you think?
    So your Demon Spawn is a rotting poison type of undying thing? :P

Anyways I'm fine with it.

Tesonu is napping!