Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

  
  1. #1
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,628

    Default Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    In this thread, we can discuss the possibility of bringing the Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest into the Awakening. I'm making this suggestion its own thread as I'm expecting the discussion to be fairly large, or at least, large enough that it requires its own discussion.

    The Horned Reaper and Dark Angel need some type of "Weakness" discussed in order to balance out their obvious strength.

    The Maiden of the Nest is generally "balanced" when it comes to her strengths and weaknesses. What needs to be discussed regarding her is whether she can be accepted as an additional Creature Type when we already have the Spider.

    Here are my ideas for how the three Creatures should be and explanations regarding my views.

    * * *



    Maiden of the Nest
    Code:
    Requirement: Library and Temple
    
    Default Abilities:
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 1: Poison
    Level 3: Web
    Level 5: Slow
    Level 7: Fear
    
    Unique Traits:
    Immune to All Negative Status Effects, Immune to Web
    
    Characteristics:
    A mutation between a human female and a spider, creating a rather unattractive and fearsome Creature. The Maiden is a slow but powerful woman, possessing poisonous magic that is feared by even the strongest of Creatures. Although large, the Maiden's flesh generally lacks toughness, making her a bit easier to kill. However, her immunity to negative status effects gives her a unique Strength in battle as a trade off.
    I'm thinking that the Maiden can be accepted as a new Creature, even with the Spider. She and the Spider are comparable to the Fly/Firefly and the Human/Elven Archer, but are more notable as they have a larger set of differences in the original games compared to the Fly/Firefly and Human/Elven Archer.

    For the Maiden's abilities, she'd be noticeably stronger in terms of physical defense, but also significantly slower compared to the normal Spider. However, she loses out a bit as her boost of physical defense doesn't match up with her loss in Speed. She makes up for it by having the debuff immunity, a very unique Strength among Creature Types. Her Spell Set would vary from the Spider's in that she's a bit more defensive.

    Overall, I think she has enough difference/uniqueness to make for a good new class.





    Dark Angel
    Code:
    Requirement: Temple, Scavenger Room, Sacrificed Creatures with a Total Level of At Least 5
    
    Default Abilities:
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 3: Flight
    Level 4: Meteor
    Level 5: Lightning
    Level 6: Disruption
    Level 7: Thunderstorm
    Level 10: Word of Power
    
    Unique Traits:
    Can Use Two High Power Spells, Negates Protect (Both on Him and Enemies), Negates Invulnerability (On Self)
    
    Characteristics:
    The Dark Angel is a mighty and feared Creature that has been summoned from the heavens. He possesses tremendously powerful offensive strength, both physical and magical. With this power, he can pierce enemy lines with ease. Powerful defensive Creatures such as the Bile Demon and Dragon are nothing to him. Not even the Protect Spell can stop such a powerhouse. However, he does have one fatal weakness, and that is his own lack of defense. Although mighty and proud, the Dark Angels must be cautious when charging straight into battle for they can find themselves easily slain by enemy blades and magic.
    The Dark Angel's requirement will be similar to the Horned Reaper's, in that they require a specific room plus Temple and Temple Sacrifices in order to be obtained. The way sacrifices will work is based on the level of the Creatures sacrificed. The total level of all sacrificed Creatures must be equal to at least 10 in order to get either a Dark Angel or Horned Reaper. 10 Points added to Elite Status (So E3 is 13, as expected) While Characters belonging to RPers can be sacrificed, this will be a very uncommon method to earn sacrifice points as this obviously kills them. The common method will be sacrifice of enemy prisoners. Also, the Temple requirement may seem redundant with the Temple Sacrifice requirement, but it is used for Transferring.

    Out of the two, I think the Dark Angel is more balanced compared to the Horned Reaper. The Dark Angel did have his own weakness in the original game, and that was his lower Health. It was only 3000, compared to the Black Knight's 4000 and Bile Demon's 6000. He was certainly no tank, and I think we should exaggerate this weakness in order to make the Dark Angel more "balanced". His offensive power is also true to the game, as he had not only the strongest projectile in the game, damage wise (Disruption with 990 Damage) but the strongest Melee Damage (840) out of any Unit you could obtain. (Second to only the King with 930)

    I think his ability to negate Protect will make for an interesting differentiation between his and the Horned Reaper's offensive strength. His lack of Protect will make his defensive weakness absolute. He can still have defensive Spells, but they're not going to be large in quantity in most situations. His Magical attacks aren't going to be any stronger than the standard variation but his ability to gain more offensive spells and to hold two High Power Spells is what makes up his offensive Magical Power.

    Hopefully this is enough to make him a good unique class that can be used fairly. Working on this kinda makes me want one >.>





    Horned Reaper
    Code:
    Requirement: Temple, Combat Pit, Sacrificed Creatures with a Total Level of At Least 5
    
    Default Abilities:
    Level 1: Attack
    
    Unique Traits:
    Vulnerable to Magical Damage, Negates All Status Effects, Resistant to Stunning, Cannot be Picked Up, Can Walk on Lava
    
    Characteristics:
    The furious beast known as the Horned Reaper is a widely feared demon that has risen from hell. They're fast and powerful, with raw offensive power greater than that of a Dark Angel, if only barely. They are rumored to be unbeatable, but that is fortunately just a rumor. The Horned Reaper is noticeably weak in terms of defense. They're fast, but this is due to their own lack of armor. They lack any sort of Magic, and are vulnerable to Magic in general. They cannot be buffed, but at the same time, they cannot be debuffed. They're bold and reckless Creatures, which can save them if it intimidates an enemy enough, but also can be the most common cause of death if it doesn't.
    Alright, now I've done some changes. So they're no longer as physically powerful and they're still vulnerable to Magic. However, as a trade off, they're now Resistant to Stunning. While their immunity to Status Effects does mean they can't be Frozen or anything, it also means they can't be buffed with say Speed or Invisibility. Them being unable to be picked up is sort of like an import of them being uncontrollable in the original game. It also is its own weakness, as Keepers can't pick them up if they're in danger.

    They will pretty much lack magic entirely, except in uncommon circumstances where an RPer makes a Reaper that has magic as a trade off for something else. Hopefully he's better now and can be recognized as a more unique class.

    Old


    * * *

    Anyways, hopefully these ideas are enough to get the MotN/DA/HR accepted by at least most RPers and to save us from some big discussion.
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; April 2nd, 2012 at 19:03.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  2. #2
    Spider ARMofORION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    248
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    In this thread, we can discuss the possibility of bringing the Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest into the Awakening. I'm making this suggestion its own thread as I'm expecting the discussion to be fairly large, or at least, large enough that it requires its own discussion.

    The Horned Reaper and Dark Angel need some type of "Weakness" discussed in order to balance out their obvious strength.

    The Maiden of the Nest is generally "balanced" when it comes to her strengths and weaknesses. What needs to be discussed regarding her is whether she can be accepted as an additional Creature Type when we already have the Spider.

    Here are my ideas for how the three Creatures should be and explanations regarding my views.

    * * *



    Code:
    Requirement: Library and Temple
    
    Default Abilities:
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 1: Poison
    Level 3: Web
    Level 5: Slow
    Level 7: Fear
    
    Unique Traits:
    Immune to All Negative Status Effects, Immune to Web
    
    Characteristics:
    A mutation between a human female and a spider, creating a rather unattractive and fearsome Creature. The Maiden is a slow but powerful woman, possessing poisonous magic that is feared by even the strongest of Creatures. Although large, the Maiden's flesh generally lacks toughness, making her a bit easier to kill. However, her immunity to negative status effects gives her a unique Strength in battle as a trade off.
    I'm thinking that the Maiden can be accepted as a new Creature, even with the Spider. She and the Spider are comparable to the Fly/Firefly and the Human/Elven Archer, but are more notable as they have a larger set of differences in the original games compared to the Fly/Firefly and Human/Elven Archer.

    For the Maiden's abilities, she'd be noticeably stronger in terms of physical defense, but also significantly slower compared to the normal Spider. However, she loses out a bit as her boost of physical defense doesn't match up with her loss in Speed. She makes up for it by having the debuff immunity, a very unique Strength among Creature Types. Her Spell Set would vary from the Spider's in that she's a bit more defensive.

    Overall, I think she has enough difference/uniqueness to make for a good new class.
    Increased Physical defense with Defense based spells. Seems to me Motn is a Defensive Tank. Not that I'm complaining, there wasn't many Defensive style troops in the first place.
    Added with heal, she will be a tough lady.



    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Code:
    Requirement: Temple, Scavenger Room, Sacrificed Creatures with a Total Level of At Least 10
    
    Default Abilities:
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 3: Flight
    Level 4: Meteor
    Level 5: Lightning
    Level 6: Disruption
    Level 7: Thunderstorm
    Level 10: Word of Power
    
    Unique Traits:
    Can Use Two High Power Spells, Negates Protect (Both on Him and Enemies)
    
    Characteristics:
    The Dark Angel is a mighty and feared Creature that has been summoned from the heavens. He possesses tremendously powerful offensive strength, both physical and magical. With this power, he can pierce enemy lines with ease. Powerful defensive Creatures such as the Bile Demon and Dragon are nothing to him. Not even the Protect Spell can stop such a powerhouse. However, he does have one fatal weakness, and that is his own lack of defense. Although mighty and proud, the Dark Angels must be cautious when charging straight into battle for they can find themselves easily slain by enemy blades and magic.
    The Dark Angel's requirement will be similar to the Horned Reaper's, in that they require a specific room plus Temple and Temple Sacrifices in order to be obtained. The way sacrifices will work is based on the level of the Creatures sacrificed. The total level of all sacrificed Creatures must be equal to at least 10 in order to get either a Dark Angel or Horned Reaper. 10 Points added to Elite Status (So E3 is 13, as expected) While Characters belonging to RPers can be sacrificed, this will be a very uncommon method to earn sacrifice points as this obviously kills them. The common method will be sacrifice of enemy prisoners. Also, the Temple requirement may seem redundant with the Temple Sacrifice requirement, but it is used for Transferring.

    Out of the two, I think the Dark Angel is more balanced compared to the Horned Reaper. The Dark Angel did have his own weakness in the original game, and that was his lower Health. It was only 3000, compared to the Black Knight's 4000 and Bile Demon's 6000. He was certainly no tank, and I think we should exaggerate this weakness in order to make the Dark Angel more "balanced". His offensive power is also true to the game, as he had not only the strongest projectile in the game, damage wise (Disruption with 990 Damage) but the strongest Melee Damage (840) out of any Unit you could obtain. (Second to only the King with 930)

    I think his ability to negate Protect will make for an interesting differentiation between his and the Horned Reaper's offensive strength. His lack of Protect will make his defensive weakness absolute. He can still have defensive Spells, but they're not going to be large in quantity in most situations. His Magical attacks aren't going to be any stronger than the standard variation but his ability to gain more offensive spells and to hold two High Power Spells is what makes up his offensive Magical Power.

    Hopefully this is enough to make him a good unique class that can be used fairly. Working on this kinda makes me want one >.>
    Ummm........ Anyone else seeing a problem with this? RPers can just repeatedly make creatures, sacrifice them, then get a DA or HR from it. But, MGR, you prepared for such a thing if it does happen.



    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Code:
    Requirement: Temple, Combat Pit, Sacrificed Creatures with a Total Level of At Least 10
    
    Default Abilities:
    Level 1: Attack
    Level 6: Speed Self
    
    Unique Traits:
    Can See Invisible, Vulnerable to Magic
    
    Characteristics:
    The furious beast known as the Horned Reaper is a widely feared demon that has risen from hell. They're fast and powerful, with raw offensive power that is unparalleled. They can cut through a Bile Demon's flesh and rip apart a Knight's armor with relative ease. They are rumored to be unbeatable, but that is fortunately just a rumor. The Horned Reaper is noticeably weak in terms of defense. They're fast, but this is due to their own lack of armor. They lack any sort of Magic, and are vulnerable to Magic in general. They're bold and reckless Creatures, which can save them if it intimidates an enemy enough, but also can be the most common cause of death if it doesn't.
    I think this should be enough. Low defense, lack of magic, and a vulnerability to magic should be enough to counter a Horned Reaper's fast speed and raw power. Horned Reapers can obtain some armor, but that would reduce their speed of course, in addition to indirectly effecting their offensive power.

    When you think about it, the Horned Reaper will be pretty comparable to a Black Knight. They're both pure physical units, but the Horned Reaper trades off defense for power. Although the Horned Reaper has Speed, the Black Knight has at least some self buffing and defense against Magic.

    * * *

    Anyways, hopefully these ideas are enough to get the MotN/DA/HR accepted by at least most RPers and to save us from some big discussion.
    Seems to be a bit like a DA/BK hybrid, with no magic defense but insane offense. Maybe more creatures to be sacrificed/Anti-social a-hole?

  3. #3
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,628

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Increased Physical defense with Defense based spells. Seems to me Motn is a Defensive Tank. Not that I'm complaining, there wasn't many Defensive style troops in the first place.
    Added with heal, she will be a tough lady.
    I think you're just saying that because of my comparison to the Spider. Her having more physical defense than the Spider doesn't necessarily mean she's a tank. Spiders are pretty frail, they're insects. I noted in her characteristics description that "Although large, the Maiden's flesh generally lacks toughness, making her a bit easier to kill". In other words, it's easy to injure her as is a Spider but her defensive strength comes from her larger size.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Ummm........ Anyone else seeing a problem with this? RPers can just repeatedly make creatures, sacrifice them, then get a DA or HR from it. But, MGR, you prepared for such a thing if it does happen.
    I've already thought about that, but I doubt it would really occur. The same can be done to create Vampires, yet no one really does that. Not to mention, I'm no simple machine. It'd be fairly obvious if someone continuously created Creatures only to dump them in a Temple in order to create a DA/HR. I would warn them to stop, and if they ignore my warning, then I'd stop approving their profiles. Besides, if they're balanced, it won't make much of a difference anyways.

    It'd probably be a bit more convenient to drop in 3 Level 4 Prisoners into a Temple compared to having to separately approve 10 Creature profiles only to kill them off using the Temple. I'm also considering lowering the Level needed to be about 5-7 to make it easier for more people to obtain one. Prisoners are divided up to make Skeletons, Ghosts, converts, and now sacrifices, so it probably would be best to have a lower need for Horned Reapers and Dark Angels.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Seems to be a bit like a DA/BK hybrid, with no magic defense but insane offense.
    I think you're, again, saying that because of my comparison. They're more different than the way you word it. In fact, I think a lot (or at least, a fair amount) of Creatures can be described using traits of various other Creatures and then adding some new differences. For example, it's like saying the Rogue is the Goblin (Speed) except with less strength and more stealth.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Maybe more creatures to be sacrificed/Anti-social a-hole?
    I think adding a more strict behavior trait to a species is a bad idea. It not only limits what kinds of characters you can create, but limits the freedom of the RPer. The Dark Mistress seems to suffer a bit from this, actually.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  4. #4
    Vampire MeinCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Terra Australis, The Overworld
    Posts
    1,887
    Gamer IDs

    XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    HR and DA should be immune to Invulnerability as well, btw.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic


    Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

    Current Awakening Creatures


    8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

  5. #5
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,628

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    HR and DA should be immune to Invulnerability as well, btw.
    Ah yes, I forgot about that. I added it along with the reduction of Sacrifice Levels.

    Also, I keep hitting the edit post instead of reply. Very annoying, and this time, I hit the delete button instead of cancel >.>
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  6. #6
    Spider ARMofORION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    248
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I think you're just saying that because of my comparison to the Spider. Her having more physical defense than the Spider doesn't necessarily mean she's a tank. Spiders are pretty frail, they're insects. I noted in her characteristics description that "Although large, the Maiden's flesh generally lacks toughness, making her a bit easier to kill". In other words, it's easy to injure her as is a Spider but her defensive strength comes from her larger size.
    Wasn't comparing her to a Spider. No clue why someone would assume that......And you know what happens when you assume......

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I've already thought about that, but I doubt it would really occur. The same can be done to create Vampires, yet no one really does that. Not to mention, I'm no simple machine. It'd be fairly obvious if someone continuously created Creatures only to dump them in a Temple in order to create a DA/HR. I would warn them to stop, and if they ignore my warning, then I'd stop approving their profiles. Besides, if they're balanced, it won't make much of a difference anyways.
    Like I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    It'd probably be a bit more convenient to drop in 3 Level 4 Prisoners into a Temple compared to having to separately approve 10 Creature profiles only to kill them off using the Temple. I'm also considering lowering the Level needed to be about 5-7 to make it easier for more people to obtain one. Prisoners are divided up to make Skeletons, Ghosts, converts, and now sacrifices, so it probably would be best to have a lower need for Horned Reapers and Dark Angels.
    Keep the HR's sacrifice the same.


    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I think you're, again, saying that because of my comparison. They're more different than the way you word it. In fact, I think a lot (or at least, a fair amount) of Creatures can be described using traits of various other Creatures and then adding some new differences. For example, it's like saying the Rogue is the Goblin (Speed) except with less strength and more stealth.
    Look above please. Goblins operate in hordes, grouping together to take down targets. Rogues operate alone, preferring to assassinate targets from the shadows.
    Goblins are up-front v.s. Rogues who flank and sneak around to get their prey.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I think adding a more strict behavior trait to a species is a bad idea. It not only limits what kinds of characters you can create, but limits the freedom of the RPer. The Dark Mistress seems to suffer a bit from this, actually.
    Fair point, fair point.

  7. #7
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,628

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Wasn't comparing her to a Spider. No clue why someone would assume that......And you know what happens when you assume......
    I never said you were, I was saying that you were considering her to be tanky because of my comparison to the Spider. My response was to explain to you that she wasn't as tankish as you thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Keep the HR's sacrifice the same.
    I've reduced it. The requirement is a bit too demanding now that I think about it. Both he and the DA require two rooms that are normally not obtained until later in the realm due to the amount of research needed and the lack of a need for them earlier on compared to other Rooms. And even then, they still can't be obtained in large numbers like other Creatures because of the requirement of Sacrifice. They're still probably the hardest Creatures to obtain.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Look above please. Goblins operate in hordes, grouping together to take down targets. Rogues operate alone, preferring to assassinate targets from the shadows.
    Goblins are up-front v.s. Rogues who flank and sneak around to get their prey.
    I think you missed my point. My point was that you were describing him in a way that made him sound more similar to the Dark Angel/Black Knight than he was, which felt provoked by my comparison. Perhaps the Goblin/Rogue wasn't the best example, but I think the point still stands.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  8. #8
    Spider ARMofORION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    248
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I never said you were, I was saying that you were considering her to be tanky because of my comparison to the Spider. My response was to explain to you that she wasn't as tankish as you thought.
    *Facepalm* Speed-reading. My fault.


    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I've reduced it. The requirement is a bit too demanding now that I think about it. Both he and the DA require two rooms that are normally not obtained until later in the realm due to the amount of research needed and the lack of a need for them earlier on compared to other Rooms. And even then, they still can't be obtained in large numbers like other Creatures because of the requirement of Sacrifice. They're still probably the hardest Creatures to obtain.
    HR's requirement needs to be 7 (OPINION) due to the fact that he IS the stongest recruit-able creature you can get. Possibly make him Rebound immune?

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I think you missed my point. My point was that you were describing him in a way that made him sound more similar to the Dark Angel/Black Knight than he was, which felt provoked by my comparison. Perhaps the Goblin/Rogue wasn't the best example, but I think the point still stands.
    My fault there too. Though I was saying that their strengths were combined, with the BK's magic problem.
    Last edited by ARMofORION; March 31st, 2012 at 00:09.

  9. #9
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,628

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    HR's requirement needs to be 7 (OPINION) due to the fact that he IS the stongest recruit-able creature you can get.
    That shouldn't be the case. I don't want him to be the strongest Creature, unless you mean a more literal strength.

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    Possibly make him Rebound immune?
    Rebound immunity would be a bit pointless as Rebound is self casted only, and should probably remain that way. And I wouldn't allow anyone to give the Horned Reaper Rebound in most cases. (He'd have to have some other weakness to replace that, such as reduced speed or nerfed strength or something)

    Quote Originally Posted by ARMofORION View Post
    My fault there too. Though I was saying that their strengths were combined, with the BK's magic problem.
    Well, the Black Knight's strong points would be physical offense and defense, with some self buffing spells. His weakness would be a lack of magic and speed. The Dark Angel's general strength is physical and magical offense, weakness being lack of physical defense and defensive magic. I would consider the Dark Angel's speed to be average, not really a strength nor a weakness.

    The Horned Reaper only has the Black Knight's/Dark Angel's physical offense, not the Black Knight's defense nor the Dark Angel's magic. He has high speed too, a strength unknown to both of them, but he lacks magic even more than the Black Knight. His magical defense is worse than the Dark Angel's because he's actually vulnerable to it, compared to just lacking in defensive magic.

    I think the Horned Reaper is significantly different, and I still find him to be generally balanced. Sure there are some situations where he'd prove himself to be incredibly useful, but most Creatures have situations where they're incredibly useful too. Likewise, there's times where he's not so useful.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  10. #10
    Spider ARMofORION's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    248
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

    Default Re: Horned Reaper, Dark Angel, and Maiden of the Nest Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    That shouldn't be the case. I don't want him to be the strongest Creature, unless you mean a more literal strength.
    Combat-wise, he's quick and strong. That combo is naturally the gate-way to an enemy @$$-rape fest, unless someone has Slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Rebound immunity would be a bit pointless as Rebound is self casted only, and should probably remain that way. And I wouldn't allow anyone to give the Horned Reaper Rebound in most cases. (He'd have to have some other weakness to replace that, such as reduced speed or nerfed strength or something)
    Ok, just makin sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Well, the Black Knight's strong points would be physical offense and defense, with some self buffing spells. His weakness would be a lack of magic and speed. The Dark Angel's general strength is physical and magical offense, weakness being lack of physical defense and defensive magic. I would consider the Dark Angel's speed to be average, not really a strength nor a weakness.

    The Horned Reaper only has the Black Knight's/Dark Angel's physical offense, not the Black Knight's defense nor the Dark Angel's magic. He has high speed too, a strength unknown to both of them, but he lacks magic even more than the Black Knight. His magical defense is worse than the Dark Angel's because he's actually vulnerable to it, compared to just lacking in defensive magic.

    I think the Horned Reaper is significantly different, and I still find him to be generally balanced. Sure there are some situations where he'd prove himself to be incredibly useful, but most Creatures have situations where they're incredibly useful too. Likewise, there's times where he's not so useful.
    ....Which will be anywhere outside of a fight....Mostly.

Similar Threads

  1. The Horned Reaper
    By Metal Gear Rex in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2017, 17:46
  2. Art of the Horned Reaper
    By Fercurix in forum Dungeon Keeper 1
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: February 1st, 2015, 12:13
  3. The Dark Beyond's Central Discussion Thread [Old]
    By Duke Ragereaver in forum Archive
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 15th, 2012, 08:16
  4. Horned Reaper
    By Metal Gear Rex in forum KeeperFX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 14th, 2010, 18:44

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •