Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doubts invisibility and sight.

Default Re: Doubts invisibility and sight.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Please read carefully before posting too fast. It's been so many times you do the mistake. I talked about a VIDEO GAME, not a MOVIE.
    So many times ? Read again what I'm saying about what I'm quoting in my last post.

Who said that was the name of the video game ? Who says I need to post the name of the video game ( even if I knew the name ) ? I quoted the part of dogs can feel the presence of ghosts, not the part of you referring to a video game. I was referring to a movie.
    Last edited by Archer; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:18.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Okay, I thought you were straight replying to my post even with the quote. My mistake then. Sorry for that.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

I always noticed that:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    When you use invisibility, you can't use other moves (including another cast of invisibility, until it wears off by itself), or else the invisibility effect will disappear.
    So I want to ask - it's a bug or intentional spell specific? If it is a bug, is there a way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by VoidWeaver View Post
    I always noticed that:

So I want to ask - it's a bug or intentional spell specific? If it is a bug, is there a way to fix this?
    The spell wearing off by itself is not a bug. It's intentionally designed to do that.

If you mean about casting Invisibility while invisible making you visible, depending on you look at it, it could be considered a bug. However, it's easily avoided simply by not casting Invisibility when invisible.

The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    If you mean about casting Invisibility while invisible making you visible, depending on you look at it, it could be considered a bug.
    This one. I just underlined the wrong part of the sentence. Don't casting is obviously, but i asked about technical fixing. By editing some table datas for example or something else.
    Last edited by VoidWeaver; June 12th, 2013 at 15:51.

Gamer IDs

This can be fixed easily.

If this
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    This can be fixed easily.
    statement does not include notes of sarcasm, I'd like to hear more concrete information.
    For example, why is it no one has fix this previously or who is able to fix it. And as soon as we can expect it?

Gamer IDs

No problem. You simply have to alter the "ForceVisibility" line of the Invisibility spell in the Creature.cfg file. By default, it is set to 1, just alter it to 0 and you're done. Everyone can do it, but I'm going to include it in the next release of my patch I'm working on.

"ForceVisibility" fix is work, thanks for thhat very helpful solution! Of course it can break a balance of some specific maps, but therefore it opens a new the mapmaking tactical possibility!
    However Invisibility spell mechanic are confused me more now.

Let me explain by example.
    After fix, you can recast Invisibility is absolutely safely, and teoretical you able stay in perma-hide status. BUT if you try to do some other action different from Invisibility, and THEN cast a new Invisibility - you are fail as result. I. e. you are stay visible for full Invisible duration period. Anybody can to explain for me this?

And possible or not a to do specific fix, which make access to full hit-and-hide Possession mod tactic? //Because setting "ForceVisibility" to 0 for other actions make any creature with Invisibility just are Unseeing Death. But in the other side, it make are cretures with a Sight spell or with true sight is a very useful minions.// And if so, how it can an influence on a game balance in not Possession mod?

Upd.
    At last i re-found related to my questions thread A return on Conceal Spell. Maybe we should continue the discussion there?
    Last edited by VoidWeaver; June 19th, 2013 at 08:50.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by VoidWeaver
    After fix, you can recast Invisibility is absolutely safely, and teoretical you able stay in perma-hide status. BUT if you try to do some other action different from Invisibility, and THEN cast a new Invisibility - you are fail as result. I. e. you are stay visible for full Invisible duration period. Anybody can to explain for me this?
    When you cast Invisibility then attack or use a spell, you become visible back. You must wait for the Invisibility spell to reload first and having its duration to end. Don't forget that, even though the Invisibility spell has finished loading, its duration may not be over. Wait for the Invisibility spell icon to become bright back then cast it again. You should then now be invisible. The same thing applies with the Fly spell.

I did what you do first and wanted to make Invisibility spell to have its usefulness, but some works have to be done in order for that spell to work properly. So far, it's mostly a stealth spell, useful on imps and first person usage.