Thread: Cannot install KeeperFX

Default Cannot install KeeperFX

My computer cannot read discs. I have Dungeon Keeper disc but the computer can't read it. It cant detect the disc drive for some reason. But anyways I have been trying to play dungeon keeper for a long time since I am too poor to buy a new computer although I bought dungeon keeper on GOG.com and love it and all but I cant play keeperFX because I cant read discs. I tried daemon tools but since the computer cannot read discs it is useless. Is there a way to get GOG.com version of DK 1 to work with keeper FX?

Default Re: Cannot install KeeperFX

I think that when you install KeeperFX there should be in Options ... or wherever it was ... path of normal DK 1 installation. Change it to path with Folder called "system" in (whichever) DK1 Installation. Example: "C:\Install\Dungeon Keeper1\System\". I don't know how GOG.com version looks like but i think that so-called folder should be there too.

Well I figured everything out. Finally got the game working on my computer. Figured out how to use Dosbox. Took me weeks but I got it. Now I just need to figure out how to play DK1 on multiplayer with a computer in the same house as me.

Imp

Playing DK 1 on DOSBox on a LAN in the same house should be straight forward :-).

Inside DOSBox, the server can host by typing stuff like,

ipx true
    ipxnet startserver

That will start the server on the default port 213.

Since it's on a LAN you should not have to forward any ports.

The other machine on the same network can type stuff like,

ipx true
    ipxnet connect {THELANIPOFSERVER}

Then once connected successfully, both of you can enter the game and do an IPX session to find each other on the same LAN :-).

I guess you already have been playing a few games though already in the same house on a LAN .

EDIT: Also if you want to play Dungeon Keeper on LAN using YANG (Yet Another Netplay Guider), just don't advertise your room.

If you don't want to bother with all the command lines, you could try to add Dungeon Keeper as a custom DOS game @ http://yang-online.com.

And your friend can join the YANG room manually.

Although I think the GOG version should have shortcuts to starting and joining a LAN game, quite unsure about that.

And the good part is that LAN games should be fast.
    Last edited by Replica; May 1st, 2012 at 08:50.