Thread: Creature Count Restrictions?

Default Creature Count Restrictions?

Hey everyone.

I am making a map. I already did some before and(if i may say so) they aren't too bad. Anyway. I have one problem. Is there a way to script that a player can only have soandso many creatures of the same type? Like if i add 4 Dragons to the pool, is there a way to say that every Player may only get or have 1, so that the other 3 Dragons are left for the other 3 Players so that everyone only gets 1 Dragon?

Thank you in advance!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Creature Count Restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy19 View Post
    Hey everyone.

I am making a map. I already did some before and(if i may say so) they aren't too bad. Anyway. I have one problem. Is there a way to script that a player can only have soandso many creatures of the same type? Like if i add 4 Dragons to the pool, is there a way to say that every Player may only get or have 1, so that the other 3 Dragons are left for the other 3 Players so that everyone only gets 1 Dragon?

Thank you in advance!
    If you want to restrict a Creature Type for a certain Keeper, then try something like this.

Code:
    IF(PLAYER#,CREATURE<=#)
    	NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    	CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER#,CREATURE,1,1)
    ENDIF

IF(PLAYER#,CREATURE>=#)
    	NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    	CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER#,CREATURE,0,0)
    ENDIF
    That should do it.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Cool thanks! But there is one more thing i want. Is there a way to manipulate how creatures come into your dungeon? I think creatures like the Reaper or the Avatar don't come out of pools even if you add them since there is nothing that lures them in. Is there a way to change that without having to mod the game itself?

EDIT: I mean the Good Keeper Campaign in FX let's you lure Heroes trough your portal. I don't think Heros have preset rooms that lure them? Yet it works. How is that done?
    Last edited by Randy19; April 30th, 2012 at 17:43.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randy19 View Post
    Cool thanks! But there is one more thing i want. Is there a way to manipulate how creatures come into your dungeon? I think creatures like the Reaper or the Avatar don't come out of pools even if you add them since there is nothing that lures them in. Is there a way to change that without having to mod the game itself?

EDIT: I mean the Good Keeper Campaign in FX let's you lure Heroes trough your portal. I don't think Heros have preset rooms that lure them? Yet it works. How is that done?
    The Horned Reaper does have Room Requirements, actually. He requires 9 tiles of the Temple. The Avatar has no Room Requirements like all Heroes, yes. However, Creatures with no set Room Requirement can be obtained regardless. Similar to the Fly, who has no Room Requirement.

Anyways, I know what Hero Campaign you're talking about. It was made by Lquiz, yes? This is what he did:

Code:
    IF(PLAYER#,ROOM>=1)
    	NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    	CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER#,CREATURE,1,1)
    ENDIF

IF(PLAYER#,ROOM<1)
    	NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE
    	CREATURE_AVAILABLE(PLAYER#,CREATURE,0,0)
    ENDIF
    (actually I noticed a severe flaw in the maps that I checked in that he didn't use the next command reusable for making a creature available but did it for making them unavailable)
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Awesome thanks! That helps a lot