Thread: Mission victory dialogue missing

Default Mission victory dialogue missing

I just loaded the game up using keeperfx, for the first time, and there's lots of improvements but I seem to recall there was dialogue after victories, such as for mission 1: Brana-Hawk, war and anthrax have taken to this land likes fleas to a rat. The region is, thanks to your unstinting efforts, now a major eyesore.

This seems to be missing/bugged, and I just completed the second mission and nothing was said again. Anyway to get this to work? The narrator just starts talking about the new mission as opposed to the above 'debrief' first.

Default Re: Mission victory dialogue missing

Turns out it works if i save just before finishing, reload and then finish the mission. Anyone else have the problem? It's certainly reproduceable and always works right with a reload-finish. Using latest complete version of keeperfx, and latest nightly build 454.

Are you sure you gave the game enough time to play that debriefing dialogue?
    It starts on mission debrief screen, where you can see your stats. If you will quickly exit this screen and back to "land view" screen, then only the new mission description will play.
    are you sure you've been in the debriefing screen and the dialogue didn't play?

Yes, I realised it's supposed to play where the scores for the mission are showing. My first post made it seem as though I expected it to play at the actual mission select screen - which I obviously now realise is not what happens, but anyway, a random reload confirmed things to work out as I say for mission 2. Then I saved just before ending the next mission, let it finish - no dialogue. Reloaded and finished - dialogue! I keep employing the same technique now.

So, certainly reproduceable on my end; might be a local issue if you cannot do so, in which case I don't mind since I've worked out a solution for personal use.