Thread: Post Ancient Keeper - Defection

Imp

Default Post Ancient Keeper - Defection

Finished my exams last week and decided a pretty good challenge for me would to be to get through the post ancient keeper campaign. Its been going well up until now (albeit taking a very long time) but am having lots of problems with the level Defection.

For anyone who's done the level below are some of my thoughts/reasonings so far:

I've managed to get the five tentacles to defect to me; and used them to kill the horned reapers on the lava just outside my base. I've also explored the small hero base, the blue keepers base and the main hero base. I can lead the main group of heroes to the blue keepers base and get them to kill him but don't have a chance of killing the remaining heroes with just five tentacles. A prison can be acquired in the small hero base but i dont think thats of any use as it takes a while to claim the path to get to it and the hero creatures would have either destroyed my heart by this point or be dead. The fact that spiders and beatles are wandering around in there and the availability of the temple makes me think i should try and capture these to turn into mistresses but that seems difficult (but none the less possible).

Claiming one of the guard posts at the entrance to the blue keepers base results in being able to research (and build) guard posts. This could be useful in that when used with lava can stop the bad guys getting in, but in claiming it i must construct a clear path to the enemy guard post making the possibility of making use of the height difference between lava and guard post nullable. Potentially claiming the blue workshop would enable me to build/take posession of lava traps but this isnt possible due to either the blue keeper not being blind or the heroes running through en route to my base.

I must be missing something cause the only way I can see that I can pass this level is through very careful luring of heroes in the mini base getting them destroyed by boulder traps I could claim the prison and temple quickly and get some mistresses. I could then use these in possession mode to snipe the remaining heroes and claim victory

tl;dr stuck on defection halp

Thanks Dom

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Post Ancient Keeper - Defection

Hello!

For Defection, you started well by making Tentacles joining you. However, after that, you clearly did it the wrong way. At first, you don't have to fight hornies, you must avoid them get in your dungeon. You can achieve this by reinforcing the walls quickly when you dig your way through the path of earth. Then, leading the heroes killing the blue keeper is the second mistake. You must keep the creatures of the blue keeper alive since it will become your main army. There's also a huge flaw in the design of the level where you can already move and get to the main hero base. This has been fixed and will be included in a future version of KeeperFX.

So, briefly, what you have to do is to capture and convert ALL the enemies you encounter so that, when you have them all so that you get an army of over 50 minions, doubled with Multiply bonus, you'll use this army to beat the final heroes in their main base. First, You must claim the prison which isn't hard at all to do. Simply, after you dug through the earth path that crosses the lava I mentioned earlier, you must AVOID to open a path to the white door at the West of your dungeon. Instead, dig North along the wall and keeps following it until you reach another door up there. Break that door and start claiming everything. Do not free the heroes yet. The prison is to the West right at the corner, through earth. Now, a prison is good, but how about being able to torture and convert the enemies? You need a Torture Chamber and the only Keeper who owns them is the Blue Keeper at the wide area at the North. Simply get a way to reach the Torture Chambers using your imps and tentacles. Hint:

Spoiler

After that, the rest should be easier for you. Start with the small hero base, capture and convert. Once empty, claim. Avoid boulders. You'll discover the temple and the Multiply bonus. Sacrifice for better creatures.
    The trickiest part is to capture and convert the blue creatures. A few hints for you:

Spoiler

Finally, only the hornies remain. You better get them for last since they get angrier over time. Once all captured, you should have enough minions to defeat the main hero base. They have an enormous army so be prepared! Good luck!
    Last edited by DragonsLover; June 13th, 2012 at 00:32.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...