Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for Deeper Dungeons

Default Suggestion for Deeper Dungeons

Hi everyone. I suggest that the Deeper Dungeons campaign should be in Campaigns' list and not should be a list of separate levels...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Suggestion for Deeper Dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    Hi everyone. I suggest that the Deeper Dungeons campaign should be in Campaigns' list and not should be a list of separate levels...
    That actually would cause problems because it would make the DD levels play out level by level in order like the normal Campaigns.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Uhm, I think that Deeper Dungeons levels are in fact thought to be played one by one in order (for example at Belial when you win you told that you are the master of the whole world, and that would be impossible if you have conquered just Belial)... Moreover, we can put the original Keeper campaign levels in another folder, so the original levels folder will be dedicated to free play levels (the ones that not belong to any campaign) and multiplayer levels...
    Last edited by friscmanseby; July 4th, 2012 at 20:53.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    Uhm, I think that Deeper Dungeons levels are in fact thought to be played one by one in order (for example at Belial when you win you told that you are the master of the whole world, and that would be impossible if you have conquered just Belial)... Moreover, we can put the original Keeper campaign levels in another folder, so the original levels folder will be dedicated to free play levels (the ones that not belong to any campaign) and multiplayer levels...
    Not really no. You could play them in order but you don't have to. I know I personally didn't. Putting them in a campaign will just force everyone to play it in order, regardless of whether or not they want to.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Uhm, so we could say the same for other campaigns, in which you have to play levels in order... I wonder how many play levels in order, like a campaign and how many play those levels in the order they want (I'm not trolling or flaming, I'm just proposing this because I never played DD levels not in order, maybe sometimes, but I also did it for original DK levels and bonuses)... So we could put every campaign (including DD) as a separate one, in a dedicated folder, and put a lot of free play levels (like the ones on keeper.lubie and the misteryous former level 80 (if you don't have DD there's a level 80 that seems level 17 of original campaign)) in the free play folder (the original level folder) and moving original campaign and DD in new folders and if someone wants to play some campaigns in a series of free levels, can just move the levels he wants to play in free levels folder (making a lif file for every level, even the original, so they can be played in free mode) and then moving back (or make a copy), so that every campaign can be played in free mode...
    Last edited by friscmanseby; July 4th, 2012 at 22:00.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Deeper Dungeons are just additional levels to play. They aren't really mean to be played in a certain order, even though the last one is the hardest with the avatar. I generally played these levels in the order, but I wouldn't really agree to put these as a campaign. The main reason would be that the "Free play levels" list would be... empty!
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

In keeper.lubie there are so many free play levels that they can fil the free play list, according to me of course. Personally, I always thought Deeper Dungeons as a sequel of original campaign and I thought that Deeper Dungeons were still in free play level list because no one drew an Island for the campaign...

Gamer IDs

Hard to say... I know that Morkardar was once a level in the campaign, in the beta, but has been left to be put into the Deeper Dungeons levels. But now, making these levels to become a campaign... I don't really know. Seriously.

Uhm, from the manual (it's italian, I translate): "The world is under your total domination. Avatar and his band of happy followers lie dead and rotten at your feet. Your power is total, millions of demoniac creatures obey to all your orders and subjects weak and miserable, tremble by the fear of you. Evil and depravation rule and you are their master... In doomsday, anniversary of your great victory, the world is preparing for a orgy of blood and horror... Later that night, a bad new will come to your ear, and you will notice your empire is threatened: the threat come from the last place you expected: Avatar is back, reincarnated in some corrupt Knight, escaped from the massacre of your first victory. He claimed many Dungeons, hidden underground and he organized a new army. You have to attack first and sweep them away, once and for all...", so here's my vision of the thing: it's a sequel of the original campaign, and have to be located in the island of the original campaign, because the world is still under Red Keeper's domain and the rebellion it's only underground... What do you think?
    Last edited by friscmanseby; July 6th, 2012 at 14:20.

Gamer IDs

I'd be curious to get the opinion from others, but so far, yeah, I think it could be a good thing to make these levels as a campaign. We would just have to make sure the levels are arranged from the easiest to Belial.

However, I'd like to read what MGR (which doesn't really agree), mefisto and others think about that.