Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: new patch on gog

Default Re: new patch on gog

Quote Originally Posted by helsinkiharbour View Post
    I was not able to run 1.3 at all (this version), the on-start-black-screen-and-instant-back-to-desktop-problem. I'm not sure what's the reason as I tried the several workarounds which are floating around in the web. The only version which worked for me is the timeslip patched one. And the 1.3 exe seems not work with the timeslip's patch.dll. Version 1.51 I didn't tried up to now (some direct link to exe somewhere?).

Beside, can you please test if the unlimited zoom works with your working 1.3 installation? (still need someone to check the bytes, see here)
    I will upload 1.3 and 1.51 exes in a few days
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Yeah, it seems the GOG patch is only based upon 1.7 version. The executable is the same like the original 1.7, but without the mention of being unsafedisced and by altering the ddraw to become patch.

Is the "patch.dll" compatible with versions below 1.7? I doubt it.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Yeah, it seems the GOG patch is only based upon 1.7 version. The executable is the same like the original 1.7, but without the mention of being unsafedisced and by altering the ddraw to become patch.

Is the "patch.dll" compatible with versions below 1.7? I doubt it.
    yupp, my tests with the 1.3 and the patch.dll were not successful ... but incompatiblity is not obvious (or natural) as the patch.dll is only catching ddraw calls, which could/should be the same for all DKII versions. Maybe 1.51 is similar enough ...

[EDIT]
    after some further testing, I was able to start the game WITH the patch.dll until the intro movies.

-32BITEVERYTHING + renaming to DKII.exe (some windows shims seems related to exactly this name).
    In the DKII message log I got this error: Screen Mode 16*7630152 1308712bpp is not availableScreen Mode 16*7630152 1308712bpp is not available (but it seems to continue)

Then it crashes with this windows application log message: Faulting application dkii.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module dkii.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00121360.

Which is the same message with and without the patch.dll for DKII 1.3 on my system (ATI GPU + XP), the version 1.3 seems not to work at all at my system.
    Last edited by helsinkiharbour; August 5th, 2012 at 11:48.

Do you really can play this game without crashes now?
    I mean it was told 100 times before and it never worked. But now, does this patch really solve the exe error?

At least it seems to solve most graphic related problems with the 1.7 version (but more testing with more systems might be needed to give a final answer here).

If this GOG wrapper is working/helping with the here popular 1.3 is still unclear, as the version 1.3 is not running at all on my system. (I patched a 1.3 exe to use the GOG wrapper DLL but the problem persists, potentially not graphic related. If someone else want to try, the exe is here: http://keeperklan.com/threads/1051-U...ll=1#post39958)
    Last edited by helsinkiharbour; August 10th, 2012 at 08:34.

and how am i able to get this patch without buying dungeon keeper 2 on GoG.com?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

On DK.net, we did make it available for download: get it here.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

thank you so much, just awesome. i was very upset cause it was only made for the guys who bought dungeonkeeper 2 on gog.com.

Come one guys! GOG paid someone (timeslip) for fixing this, so they created a real extra-value to DKII which was not available before!

Also, they really care about old classics when no one else is caring for such games, neither original developers nor publisher. So, pirating the patch to save 5.99$ for the game + and this great fix is not only cheap, it might be also counter-productive for all gamers in the long run. It's a de-motivating signal to GOG that investing time and money ressources on fixing problems in this and other games is not appreciated and respected by gamers. :/

Quote Originally Posted by helsinkiharbour View Post
    Come one guys! GOG paid someone (timeslip) for fixing this, so they created a real extra-value to DKII which was not available before!

Also, they really care about old classics when no one else is caring for such games, neither original developers nor publisher. So, pirating the patch to save 5.99$ for the game + and this great fix is not only cheap, it might be also counter-productive for all gamers in the long run. It's a de-motivating signal to GOG that investing time and money ressources on fixing problems in this and other games is not appreciated and respected by gamers. :/
    It's a pity they've invested this time and money in a wrong DK2 version. 1.7, whatever graphics patches may it have, was, and will be: crap.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif