Thread: DK2 works great!

Default DK2 works great!

Hi everyone, I'm Celtik and I used to play DK2 like 12 years ago! I got nostalgic and I wanted to play it again just to remember the good old times

I read on this forum that a lot of folks have problem running DK2. Maybe I'm lucky but I have no issue whatsoever with the game so if that could help some people here's what I did.

My specs:
    Win 7 64 bits
    2x GTX 660 Ti driver 335.23

I downloaded DK2 silver edition here : http://dungeon-keeper.net/index.php?...ileinfo&id=264
    I installed it on the default path with Deamon Tool and I have all administrator rights. Then I deleted the maps folder in Bullfrog\Dungeon Keeper II\Data\editor. Then I extracted all files from the GIM v0.95 in the DK2 folder. I created a shortcut of DKII.exe (NOT DKII-DX.exe) and I run it using Windows 2000 compatibility mode, I didn't check any of the settings below that and I didn't add any command lines.

In the game graphics options I have eveything checked (water translucency, environment mapping, hardware acceleration) and resolution is 1024x768. Maybe I could change this to 1920x1080 but it's ok right now. I played three skirmishes in a row and then I launched the 1st map from the Kasabian campaign with the commande line this time. I had no issue so I hope this could help.

Anyway it's good to see that there are still people playing this awesome game.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: DK2 works great!

DKII is a very strange beast, no one truly understands how it works to this very day.

I have a cracked 1.3 version of the game for ages, it was used so my brothers and I could play the game together when we were younger without having to buy it again. It works just fine on crappy Windows 8. Yet, when I tried to install DKII via disk, 1.3 didn't work at all. Neither did 1.7, for that matter. But 1.51 did. When I tried out GIM, I couldn't get the 1.51 version of the game to work, for some reason. But the 1.7 version worked just fine.

So yeah, good luck figuring that one out.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: DK2 works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtik View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Celtik and I used to play DK2 like 12 years ago! I got nostalgic and I wanted to play it again just to remember the good old times

Anyway it's good to see that there are still people playing this awesome game.
    I tryed to relaunch my DK2 - but it crashed all time.
    Used your 'workaround' - no Problems until now thanks for that

My Config:
    Win 7 x64
    GTX 570 Phantom
    i5-5370K

Greetz
    Grizzly