Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DzjeeAr's 10-level Campaign creature modifications

Default DzjeeAr's 10-level Campaign creature modifications

Hi everyone. I just started the DzjeeAr's 10-level Campaign, under KeeperFX. In keeper.lubie.org is stated that there are creatures.txt modifications, that in the campaign in KeeperFX there aren't, so I thought that it was decided to play it with the general settings (that are DragonsLover patch, right?), then I look in first level script, in which there are creatures, namely Demonspawn and Hell Hound in the pool that you can't attract because you don't have training room and scavenger. So, the question is: which setting is DzjeeAr's 10-level Campaign intended to play with? Thanks to anyone

Default Re: DzjeeAr's 10-level Campaign creature modifications

It is possible to do the modifications for KeeperFX, just noone did this yet.

KeeperFX uses a series of .cfg files instead of creature.txt; so what needs to be done is to apply the changes from creature.txt to the per-campaign .CFG files.

If you'd like to do that, check the "ancntkpr_crtr" folder - it contains such modification for Ancient Keeper.

Yes, I can do it, but since I do it, we can publish my work so other players will be able to play the campaign properly, what do you say?
    EDIT: I began to edit settings, what a tough work. I've got a doubt, in KeeperFX default settings, the Dexterity values are so low, why?
    Last edited by friscmanseby; July 14th, 2012 at 12:03.

Dexterity - that's because it's limited to 255, so we've scaled it down. Original DK had a bug where dexterity was overflowing, so that was needed. KeeperFX do not allow in to overflow, but it saturates at the value of 255 and never gets higher.

One hint about the creature configs - to make the per-campaign configs work, you need to add one line to dzjr10lv.cfg:
    Code:
    CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/dzjr10lv_crtr
    Add it just after "LAND_LOCATION" option. (I assumed that you've placed your configs in "campgns/dzjr10lv_crtr").

Oh, yes, I already though to the string in the config file. After I will finish to create the new configuration, how I'll upload it?

You can either pass the files to me, or become a developer and put them on repository by yourself (commit the changes).

I'm using Eclipse with Subversive plugin to do the commiting. But you can use any SVN client, ie TortoiseSVN.

I don't know what Eclipse or Subversive plugin are, or SVN client. Maybe I can pass the files to you, so you can check them before the upload (for example the Skeleton have the Rebound at lv 7, but sometimes he hasn't or he has before level 7, without change skeleton.cfg, maybe you can see what's the problem...

Sure, I will upload them myself.

Ok, so tomorrow I'll check and upload the configuration files...
    EDIT: done! There are the DzjeeAr's 10-level Campaign configuration files. I changed the information on every creature reading from creature.txt (with the utility Dk1Ed), and so I didn't change the annoyance factors (but I changed the hated creature setting). I used the values in the file, even for Dexterity, so you must decided if it's ok or if we need to change something...dzjr10lv_crtr.zip
    Last edited by friscmanseby; July 18th, 2012 at 11:12.

Done - the new configuration is on repository and should be included in tomorrow's nightly build.