Thread: Some traps and doors questions

Default Some traps and doors questions

Hi everyone, it's me again, I'm posting a very amount of topics in these days, but I'm playing very much at DK and while playing i start to ask me why some things happen... Just 2 questions today:
    1) I thought that boulder traps were istant killers, they instead do just a lot of damage to creatures, and so: the Defence (or Armour value) influences the damage done? How many health the creature must have to become able to survive to a boulder? In KeeperFX the invulnerability is a parameter of the creature config file. In original DK, it was a parameter in creatures.txt or it was hardcoded somewere and Avatar-only?

2) Magic Door: how it handle the damage? It can be crushed easily with a Meteor (100 damage), but it requires about the double of the shots of Freeze (in my settings Freeze does 100 damages), and also it can avoid much of the damage done by melee attacks...

Default Re: Some traps and doors questions

Boulder traps are not instant killers,if I understant it right,the more hp the creature has,the more damage it does to the boulder on impact. for example: a boulder can crush a beetle easly,yet if it will hit a level 10 bile demon before reaching the beetle,the beetle might have a chance to walk out of it alive.

Magic doors are simply week against magic based attacks,if you take a melee attack,and a magic attack both dealling the same damge the magic attack while deal more damge then the melee one,simply cuz its magic based.

I hope i answered your question.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

1) Boulder traps aren't instant killers, they simply cause a huge amount of damage per hit: 5000 damage points and I don't think Defence influences the damage since Defence is used for melee combats ONLY. As for Armour, I don't know.
    The boulder invulnerability has been added by Mefisto in KeeperFX. It's not available under the original game. However, the amount of damage the boulder deals is stored amongst the spell shots.

2) For the magic door, I explained everything already here.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    1) Boulder traps aren't instant killers, they simply cause a huge amount of damage per hit: 5000 damage points and I don't think Defence influences the damage since Defence is used for melee combats ONLY. As for Armour, I don't know.
    From what I know, it doesn't include armor in its damage calculation. But I could be wrong however. The Dragon is probably the best Creature to test that on.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Yes, DL, that was a great explanation on doors, thanks, so, if we put freeze as a damage-doing attack, it will be considered non-magic and so it will do 12% of 100(the damage i put), it's right?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Exactly. The spell isn't a spell efficient against doors. Only spells that cause a *BOOM* sound ( ), the and the (not totally sure though for that one) are causing 100% damage to the door. The best weapon to destroy magic doors is by far the spell.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...