Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Inlcuding Elites into Campaign

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Inlcuding Elites into Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Decagon View Post
    I know for sure that in 1.7 elites can definitely come through Portals. The only thing then is, they appear to be hardcoded to only enter if you have certain room configurations in your dungeon, as shown here. I think that the elites can enter your dungeon on any map without having to specifically make them available, as you normally would have to with ordinary creatures, as long as there is a Portal and one of the room configurations in your dungeon.
    I know all this. I'm referring to the main campaign. Elites, in 1.7, cannot come through the Portal in the main campaign. They can in 1.61, but it was changed for some reason. Maidens are also not in the main campaign. For some reason. It's hard to say that the reason is because it makes the campaign too easy when its too easy to begin with.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

They do come through portals. But it is someway blocked/not included in the campaign maps Probably because they were meant to appear as neutrals in the campaign on some maps (unfinished feature, unfortunately). The question is - what makes them don't appear and how to turn it off?

Quote Originally Posted by 10k_gold_pls View Post
    They do come through portals. But it is someway blocked/not included in the campaign maps Probably because they were meant to appear as neutrals in the campaign on some maps (unfinished feature, unfortunately). The question is - what makes them don't appear and how to turn it off?
    I already mentioned that. It may be something hardcoded. 1.7 has a lot of stupid hardcoded things from what I remember.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I already mentioned that. It may be something hardcoded. 1.7 has a lot of stupid hardcoded things from what I remember.
    Like LotL's always dying instantly for example. Even though they already had an option for that without needing to mess with his code.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

How does the game differs campaign maps from other? Can I make change a campain map into a skirmish/singleplayer map? And how to add creatures to the creature pool in editor?

(I know that's a bit off-topic, but I'm trying to find the source of the "blockade" and somehow work it around)

How does the game differs campaign maps from other?
    Hardcoded in. It refers to the name of the file, level1, level2, level6a, etc.

Can I make change a campain map into a skirmish/singleplayer map?
    Easy, you go into the editor and set the map to being Skirmish / Multiplayer within the Level Variables. However, that runs into a number of problems as s/m maps have certain properties.

First off, the enemy Keeper AI settings will be overwritten by whatever pre-set AI is used in Skirmish. If you try to get around that by not setting up an AI, the game will consider that player to be dead at the start of the game. If the map has only one Keeper, it cannot be accessed via S/M menu.

Additionally, the game automatically ends whenever the Time Limit hits 0, so you'll need to edit the script in a special manner to get around that.

The final problem relates to the Availability of Creatures, Spells, etc, in that all Players have the exact same Availability. The game refers to red Player's settings and changes everything to be equal to his settings. The only work around is to mess with the script but that has its limits.

The best you can do is rename all of the campaign files to something else, perhaps level 1 (basically put a space between the number and level) then access it via Level Select. You have to make sure the game doesn't register it as a campaign map, and then access the map without loading it up through tradditional S/M means as to avoid the problems described above, and it should work then.

And how to add creatures to the creature pool in editor?
    Depends on what you mean "add creatures to the creature pool". If you mean adjusting the max number of Creatures of a specific species a Player can have, that's simple. It's within the Keeper Properties of that Player, in plain sight.

If you want to know how to add Creatures to the pool which are not traditionally obtained or even possible to obtain normally, like undead or Heroes, then you need Editor Pro and have to modify the configuration data of the Creatures. It's not that hard, basically go to the Creature you want attractable, then hit the checkbox for "Available via Creature Portal", and then that allows you to adjust their settings in the Creature Pool.

But its still a bit more involved with that. See, you have to understand that changes done with the configuration is considered global data, and that is something the map loads last, or almost last anyways. Because of this, the Creature Pool data is loaded without the game knowing that certain Creatures are supposed to be obtainable through the Pool: The Creatures you changed with the configuration data. The result of this is that the Creature Pool for that specific Creature will return to 0. The editor does not update the Creature Pool automatically when you change the configuration data either, so you will have to reload the map to reflect it. So now you have the question of how to overcome this problem.

The answer is simple. You need to have the global data loaded beforehand. Simply create a map, doesn't have to have anything in it as it serves a special purpose, that includes the global data changes. Then, every time you want to load up the campaign map or customized map, you load that blank map with the global changes first. That allows you to load the global data before the actual map settings.

(I know that's a bit off-topic, but I'm trying to find the source of the "blockade" and somehow work it around)
    You're undeniably inexperienced with the editor and you have two much more experienced users speaking to you, myself and Skarok. Its incredibly unlikely that you're going to discover something we're unaware of.

Tesonu is napping!