Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Inlcuding Elites into Campaign

Default Inlcuding Elites into Campaign

Hello there!
    I've done some research in this forum and noticed that Elites were probably going to be included in the Campaign because of speeches mentioning them (I listened to the one with Knud in the Black Knight level, but I didn't find any difference between him and a normal Troll back then). As they are not included, I would like to include them using the Editor Pro.

The necessary creatures are present except for the Goblin in 6b and the Firefly in 7. So I just wanted to ask if what I'm trying to do is right.
    I think I'd just have to add the creature to the level (or use the existing one), tick "I am Elite" in the Properties and finally add a trigger with "When claimed" and "Play speech ID X". Then I'd have to save the map using the guide Hapuga provided.
    Is this already sufficient to include the creature? Also, when I'm asked if I want to include the Global Type data when saving (or while editing the map), should I click on Yes or No? I always click on Yes when doing a skirmish level, but I'm not sure if it works the same with Campaign levels. It irritates me a bit because I've read that the Campaign basically uses files from 1.3, and as Elites have been included later, I am not sure if it's going to work properly.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Inlcuding Elites into Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Black Emperor View Post
    Hello there!
    I've done some research in this forum and noticed that Elites were probably going to be included in the Campaign because of speeches mentioning them (I listened to the one with Knud in the Black Knight level, but I didn't find any difference between him and a normal Troll back then). As they are not included, I would like to include them using the Editor Pro.
    It's more than just an intention to include the Elites in the campaign, and you're wrong about elites being included in later versions. Elites were intended to be in the initial 1.3 release, but they weren't for some reason. I've looked into the "1.3 Editor" along with the 1.3 levels and the data for Elites are there. In Level 15, the Troll there has also been set to Elite. The reason why nobody noticed any difference is because he was the only Troll you would get, and he's almost completely inaccessible in Level 15b. Additionally, all except the Elite Goblin function properly. (Highlighting Grubb appears to crash the game if you leave the curser on him for too long, also in the toolbar it will say "(null)") They just seem to lack the elite skins.

The necessary creatures are present except for the Goblin in 6b and the Firefly in 7.
    Don't forget the Bile Demon, who additionally lacks an introduction speech. In Level 6b, just north of the portal, there's an empty dirt path area. I would assume Grubb was intended to be there. As for Bzzt, there's a neutral Salamander in Level 7 towards the southwest. Perhaps he was supposed to be placed there but they figured a Firefly would be kind of useless and so they swapped him out with a Salamander.

I think I'd just have to add the creature to the level (or use the existing one), tick "I am Elite" in the Properties and finally add a trigger with "When claimed" and "Play speech ID X". Then I'd have to save the map using the guide Hapuga provided.
    Pretty much.

Also, when I'm asked if I want to include the Global Type data when saving (or while editing the map), should I click on Yes or No? I always click on Yes when doing a skirmish level, but I'm not sure if it works the same with Campaign levels.
    No you don't have to save Global Data unless you modified the configuration for any Terrain, Room, Creature, etc. That's pretty much all Global Data is.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    It's more than just an intention to include the Elites in the campaign, and you're wrong about elites being included in later versions. Elites were intended to be in the initial 1.3 release, but they weren't for some reason. I've looked into the "1.3 Editor" along with the 1.3 levels and the data for Elites are there. In Level 15, the Troll there has also been set to Elite. The reason why nobody noticed any difference is because he was the only Troll you would get, and he's almost completely inaccessible in Level 15b. Additionally, all except the Elite Goblin function properly. (Highlighting Grubb appears to crash the game if you leave the curser on him for too long, also in the toolbar it will say "(null)") They just seem to lack the elite skins.
    Ok, now that I've looked at the Level 15 files, the Troll is set to Elite. So all that differs from normal Elite creatures is that they lack the Elite skin?

Don't forget the Bile Demon, who additionally lacks an introduction speech. In Level 6b, just north of the portal, there's an empty dirt path area. I would assume Grubb was intended to be there. As for Bzzt, there's a neutral Salamander in Level 7 towards the southwest. Perhaps he was supposed to be placed there but they figured a Firefly would be kind of useless and so they swapped him out with a Salamander.
    Really, I wanted that area in 6b to be the one where I'd put Grubb.
    Yup, the Bile Demon's speech is missing, but the Level with the Monks and the Keeper who uses undead creatures (13?) has a level 8 Bile Demon so I thought it was the one to be made elite.

No you don't have to save Global Data unless you modified the configuration for any Terrain, Room, Creature, etc. That's pretty much all Global Data is.
    Ok, so if I added a spell to an Elite, then I would have to save the Global Data, right?

Other than that, thank you for the fast reply!

Ok, now that I've looked at the Level 15 files, the Troll is set to Elite. So all that differs from normal Elite creatures is that they lack the Elite skin?
    Pretty much, although it should be noted that Elite Creatures had their statistics changed before they were released in the 1.61 and again in 1.7.

Yup, the Bile Demon's speech is missing, but the Level with the Monks and the Keeper who uses undead creatures (13?) has a level 8 Bile Demon so I thought it was the one to be made elite.
    I had forgotten about that area, yes that seems to be where he'd be.

Ok, so if I added a spell to an Elite, then I would have to save the Global Data, right?
    Yes. I assume you plan to make the elites follow what the speech files say about them? (Such as Grubb possessing fireballs and Almeric using ice magic)

Tesonu is napping!

Yes. I assume you plan to make the elites follow what the speech files say about them? (Such as Grubb possessing fireballs and Almeric using ice magic)
    Precisely!
    That should answer all the questions I have. Thanks again for helping me out!

Precisely!
    That should answer all the questions I have. Thanks again for helping me out!
    I recall doing this once before. I'd do it again for my balance patch but unfortunately I'm already using the Elite Vampire as a Mana Generator for enemy Keepers to counter the 500 Max Mana gain in 1.3. Ah well.

Tesonu is napping!

I recall doing this once before. I'd do it again for my balance patch but unfortunately I'm already using the Elite Vampire as a Mana Generator for enemy Keepers to counter the 500 Max Mana gain in 1.3. Ah well.
    500 mana cap was removed in 1.51.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

(First post, so hello guys)

Is there a way to introduce elite units into the campaign missions on the same terms they work in pet dungeon or skirmish? Metal Gear Rex posted that it's possible, so I wander if somebody could explain somebody a guy not acquainted with DK2 modding how to do it. You know, I wouldn't like to spend 20 hours learning editors just to discover that's not possible.

I'm using updated DK2 campaign by drubjak, and that's where I would like to introduce them.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by 10k_gold_pls View Post
    (First post, so hello guys)

Is there a way to introduce elite units into the campaign missions on the same terms they work in pet dungeon or skirmish? Metal Gear Rex posted that it's possible, so I wander if somebody could explain somebody a guy not acquainted with DK2 modding how to do it. You know, I wouldn't like to spend 20 hours learning editors just to discover that's not possible.

I'm using updated DK2 campaign by drubjak, and that's where I would like to introduce them.

Thanks in advance.
    It's not hard to add elites to a campaign. That is, if you want them to be recruitable via neutrals as intended in the original campaign. If you want them to be attractable, that adds more complications and I'm also fairly certain its impossible due to things hardcoded into the game.

For my balance patch, I tried to make the Firefly playable by using the elite Firefly slot, but despite everything being properly set up in the editor, it would not come through the portal. This is, however, 1.3. It's possible that things changed in later versions to make this possible but I'm not certain on that, and I'm not with a means to properly test the theory as I don't have 1.7 on this computer.

Tesonu is napping!

For my balance patch, I tried to make the Firefly playable by using the elite Firefly slot, but despite everything being properly set up in the editor, it would not come through the portal. This is, however, 1.3. It's possible that things changed in later versions to make this possible but I'm not certain on that, and I'm not with a means to properly test the theory as I don't have 1.7 on this computer.
    I know for sure that in 1.7 elites can definitely come through Portals. The only thing then is, they appear to be hardcoded to only enter if you have certain room configurations in your dungeon, as shown here. I think that the elites can enter your dungeon on any map without having to specifically make them available, as you normally would have to with ordinary creatures, as long as there is a Portal and one of the room configurations in your dungeon.
    Last edited by Keeper Decagon; August 28th, 2013 at 01:33.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast