Thread: From an excess to another...

Default From an excess to another...

In the original version of Dungeon Keeper (the one without patch, unable to initialize IPX), if one of your creatures die/leave dungeon, and if you have a Resurrect Creature special, you can have many copies of your creature as the resurrect creature in the level are (I used this trick to create an army of my most powerful minion)... In the patched version, and this included KeeperFX, if you lose more than one of your same kind and level creatures and then you find many resurrect creature, you can resurrect just one of your minions of that kind and level... I think that we need a new and definitive version of the special: if you lose X creatures, you have the right to resurrect X creatures...

Default Re: From an excess to another...

The list of dead creatures only has 64 slots. It would fill up too fast if all creatures were counted. For now, this can't be helped.

Uhm, and I think is not fair to let "clone" many creatures with just one death... Even if I liked the old version of that bug...

I think I just fixed that.

Err.. wait, did I just made Ancient Keeper unplayable?

I guess we need a config option to enable/disable this.

How does it work in original DK? You just can resurrect any creature forever? Or are there more complex rules regarding this?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

If a creature returns to the pool, it's like if the creature turns dead so I'd agree to add it on the Resurrect Creature list. Afaik, you can simply slap your minion to death and it will result of the same thing.

The thing I disagree on is when Imprison is ON and one of your creatures is stunned by another of your creatures, causing the game to "think" the creature is dead while in fact, it is not. Same thing goes for creatures that evolve ( to and to ), they shouldn't appear amongst the dead creatures. Resurrect is clearly reserved when one of your minions DIE during battle.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ancient Keeper had a level, Sloth, that is the one you think you made "unplayable", right? In the ufficial walkthrough I read that you have to be careful since the resurrect creature can resurrect just one creature of the same level and kind. But, since the damage cap has been removed, the level became more difficult, and I think the resolution of Resurrect Creature bug can balance the level. If there is something else (regarding resurrect creature) that made AK unplayable, I will gladly discuss in this section...
    EDIT: i answer to your question, Mefisto: in original DK, the version without IPX patch you can resurrect one dead creature forever, and so cloning the creatures. In the version with IPX patch you can resurrect just one per kind and level...
    Last edited by friscmanseby; August 7th, 2012 at 00:15.

I made an option to enable "classic bugs" in keeperfx rules file.

I still have to make the per-campaign rules file - currently there only is a global one.