Thread: A question on researchers

Default A question on researchers

Is well known that "true" researchers will attack everyone that is not a "true" researcher. What makes a creature a "true" researcher and so to be tolerated by Wizards and Warlocks? And what makes Wizards and Warlocks to attack "not-true" researchers?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: A question on researchers

That is called "Job stress". Check under the [Annoyance] section in the creature config file to locate the "JobStress" parameter. That's what define the researchers to attack non researchers. It hasn't been tested on other jobs.

Any creatures that has "Research" as first or secondary job are tolerated by the and when they are experienced enough.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

I don't know how it can be tested on other jobs, because there's only one value to the job stress and not the kind of job that stresses that creature. Even if the description says "; Annoyance caused by performing stressful jobs", you in fact cannot define which job is a stressful job. Ah, in fact, in the job section there is a stressful job, but in the case of sorceror and wizard is KINKY_TORTURE...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    I don't know how it can be tested on other jobs, because there's only one value to the job stress and not the kind of job that stresses that creature. Even if the description says "; Annoyance caused by performing stressful jobs", you in fact cannot define which job is a stressful job. Ah, in fact, in the job section there is a stressful job, but in the case of sorceror and wizard is KINKY_TORTURE...
    It's simple, all you need to do is set, say, the Troll to have Stressful job. Then make sure he has Fireball and throw in an Orc or someone who lacks the Manufacture job and see if he uses it. I could test it right now, in fact, though I'm currently kind of busy with something else. Not busy enough to avoid a simple reply though :P
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Currently, job stress only affects researchers. The function which handles job stress simply isn't called in any other state.

Do you think this should be corrected?

btw, the function is called process_job_stress(); i recently renamed it from process_research_stress().

The fact that there are two similar options in configs may be confusing; maybe I should rename one of them?

I don't know if can be interesting if, for example, train or workshop sould become stressful jobs, just other things to handle...
    In fact, I think you can rename "jobstress" with research stress, so to avoid confusion...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Personally, I think job stress should only be reserved to research because it's the only job that requires calm and concentration while for the other jobs, it doesn't matter. Therefore, I'm with Mefisto to rename the function to process_research_job and leave it like that.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

r512 has made the argument moot - Mefistotelis enabled job stress for any job. Imps with job stress and Lightning? That could prove delightfully frustrating to deal with.

Actually, I didn't finished that unification - since noone seem interested in such change, there's no need so spend time on making it.

I unified the job stress function, but it still isn't called for jobs other than research.