Thread: Vassago

Default Unholy Alliance

Download here!

Unholy Alliance

''Three Keepers in the north have formed a coalition to oppose you, how pathetic. In addition, powerful Heroes have, most inconveniently, been sighted in the south east and they don't seem to be content to stand on the sidelines.''

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map00303.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	2341

Update per 11-12-2022 requires now KeeperFX. Atleast version 0.4.9 alpha 3073.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; December 11th, 2022 at 22:35. Reason: KeeperFX Update

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Warlock

Default Vassago

Ok, I downloaded the map Vassago from FX,

And it's outright insane! When you are just getting your army built up, the yellow keeper bridges over to your base and has a massive army that would wipe out your entire army, while the hero base has impossibly tough creatures.

How am I supposed to win this realm?

Default Re: Vassago

I have some vague memories from playtesting this map, but there are some key points in order to achieve victory:

• Coordinate with your ally, he has strong units under his command.
    • When the Yellow Keeper attempts to bridge your ally is likely to come into conflict, join in! If you don't win here, the Yellow Keeper will probbaly stomp you both into oblivion. And keep pushing from there before Green joins the fray. It should be managable from there.
    • Kill your ally when he becomes either too powerful or no more of any use (it's mandatory to win)

That is all I can remember back from back then. Then again, as mapmaker I knew the map in and out and did not find the map to be polished enough compared to some other earlier works.

For these reasons, I will look if the map can be made somewhat easier and refined.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I don't played the map, I just would like to know why is mandatory to kill the ally when is too powerful (is mandatory because is a WIN_GAME condition or what?)

I played it first a while back, but quickly ran into the pathfinding bug. Now there's a way to fix maps like this, and I took the liberty to do so. I played it but eventually lost, already had a great time though, will certainly try again later, because I had the feeling that if I just managed my units and dungeon better I would have won.

This map has been updated with KeeperFX in mind. It has been renamed from Vassago to Unholy Alliance.

The premise is still the same with the Player in an (optional) alliance with the Heroes against a trio of enemy Keepers.

Without spoiling too much changes include:
    • Script has been updated.
    • The layout also has been changed especially in regards to the central area.
    • Most importantly script commands that are now available and used bring this a lot closer to the original vision. Especially the new alliance mechanics.

Requires at least version 0.4.9 alpha 3073!

Download it here!

Download it here!