Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A more "human" enemy Keeper

Default Re: A more "human" enemy Keeper

In my opinion, it would be better to focus on improving net gameplay instead of improving AI. Playing with people gives way more fun. Of course, if it is possible to improve it's net code - I am not up to programming stuff.

Imp

Exclamation Re: A more "human" enemy Keeper

most people here have some issues with the fact that an enemy keeper could use the armageddon spell, when they are still training there creatures and building their dungeon.

could it be possible to "downsize" the armageddon spell in such a way that when used it would not be a direct victory or defeat.

So you can go back to build and train and the keeper who used it would/could be destroyed by the: remaining hero's / other keepers or yourself who are still at his dungeon heart.

Are there any levels built in where the enemy has a set dungeon premade for him and he has building ai turned off? This could help too.
    I also wanted to comment on the possibility of the computer using possession spell.
    You could just make it so he is temporarily turned into a regular creature like the lord of the land how he automatically goes straight towards your dungeon heart.

Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    most people here have some issues with the fact that an enemy keeper could use the armageddon spell, when they are still training there creatures and building their dungeon.

could it be possible to "downsize" the armageddon spell in such a way that when used it would not be a direct victory or defeat.

So you can go back to build and train and the keeper who used it would/could be destroyed by the: remaining hero's / other keepers or yourself who are still at his dungeon heart.
    I am fairly sure it is possible to turn off the instant win part of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Powtreeman View Post
    Are there any levels built in where the enemy has a set dungeon premade for him and he has building ai turned off? This could help too.
    I also wanted to comment on the possibility of the computer using possession spell.
    You could just make it so he is temporarily turned into a regular creature like the lord of the land how he automatically goes straight towards your dungeon heart.
    I am sure there is probably many that they start with some/all rooms. But that could also serve as a bore since the enemy will be the same everytime, so you could easily learn what to do and everytime it will work most likely.

Read what Moth said in an old post, the computer using possession is possible, but would take an extreme amount of work for little gain, so it isn't worth it. Also what would be the benefit? They would lead one creature into your dungeon and get killed in seconds. It isn't like a human that could dodge and avoid and be trouble to kill, and you can't expect that from an AI.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

You can disable the instant win situation by lowering the countdown value after all creatures have been transferred to the caster's dungeon heart so that there's no time to trigger the defeat if a player loses all creatures.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Imp

[QUOTE=DragonsLover;40336]
    For Armageddon, that's tricky. Most of the times, the computer players are generally stronger than us for a certain period of time. Would it be that fun that, during the time you train your creatures and reinforce your dungeon, the Armageddon pop-up would appear and you'd have to deal with it, either winning or losing. In both cases, the level would end quickly, and it would be worst if you lose. BUT, it could be an interesting feature to add in Skirmish games. The question would be: when should the computer player casts that spell?

well the use of Armageddon could be scripted if possible, with something like this

Code:
    IF_PLAYERx(POWER_ARMAGEDDON = 1)
    (SET_TIMER,20000)
    (SET_PARAMETER,ALL_CREATURES_MAX_LEVEL,10)
    ; When the enemy has control over the power_armageddon,
    ; this defines the probability of using the spell, 0..100
    POWER_ARMAGEDDONChance = 33
    just like with the turture chamber where there is a change of killing the victim or convert them, or reveal information
    if not used command reusable could start it ticking again.