Thread: Unused sounds added?

Imp

Default Unused sounds added?

Hey, apologies if this may have been brought up before, but is there a possibility in later versions of KeeperFX that the unused mentor speeches will be added to the game? I understand why some were left out (I'd assume it'd be rather hard to judge when to say "you have won the battle" and things like that, and some others might get annoying to hear them constantly). It's just some that seem like they should really be there, and I don't see why they were removed, like the ones for Resurrect Creature and Transfer Creature. It'd be cool to be able to hear ones like "Your creatures have found a mysterious magic box" and stuff. I don't remember if the speech about the Avatar's disappearance in the final level was cut or not, I just don't remember it.

In short, will some of the currently unused speeches be added into the game in the future? Is it too difficult to do? Perhaps there could even be a way to turn these extra speeches on or off too. What do you think?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Unused sounds added?

Quote Originally Posted by Spatulade View Post
    I understand why some were left out (I'd assume it'd be rather hard to judge when to say "you have won the battle" and things like that
    There's already "Your creatures are winning in battle" and "Your creatures are falling in battle".

Quote Originally Posted by Spatulade View Post
    I don't remember if the speech about the Avatar's disappearance in the final level was cut or not, I just don't remember it.
    No they weren't used.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    There's already "Your creatures are winning in battle" and "Your creatures are falling in battle".
    I meant the files for "Your creatures have won/lost a battle"

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    No they weren't used.
    They should be :P

I think these were removed intentionally.

A logical instance of "battle" in Dungeon Keeper is usually not the whole battle taking place on the level - something we would name a battle while playing, consists of many "battle" instances in the game. So - enabling this dialog would make it to be told several times in the middle of a battle (unless additional conditions are checked).

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    A logical instance of "battle" in Dungeon Keeper is usually not the whole battle taking place on the level - something we would name a battle while playing, consists of many "battle" instances in the game. So - enabling this dialog would make it to be told several times in the middle of a battle (unless additional conditions are checked).
    That's already covered exactly by "falling in battle" and "winning in battle". I suppose they didn't add the "lost/won a battle" because they couldn't find a meaningful way to differ the two.

Alternatively, "won/lost" are beta sounds which got replaced in favor of "winning/falling" because it fits better with what happens when a "battle" is won/lost.

The Awakening