Thread: Avarice problem

Warlock

Default Avarice problem

How the #@$% am I supposed to win against the Yellow Keeper when they have nigh-unbeatable units and I have just got a weak troll?

Default Re: Avarice problem

You have to fortify yourself until you're ready to face the yellow.

That is, if you already figured out how to get the money from white tiles .

Spider

I watched a twitch tv of this level tonight. Severe abuse of cave-in I thought, which I don't recall. However, the imprisoned Avatars died when the prison was liberated, much to my surprise. I assume as their owners' hearts had already been destroyed? Has that always been the case? The level was designed with the conundrum that claiming the prison liberated the Avatars to fight against you, as I recall.

Cave in abuse has always been a big thing. Units will walk to a specific spot, often a hero gate or their lair, and will freeze there and can quickly be killed with repeated casts. Killing the first avatar in the final level of the original campaign will cost you about 60k in gold for cave in, but kill him in about 5 seconds.
    Units die yes, if their heart is destroyed and they cannot walk to the portal. Unless they are white.

Spider

Hmm. I guess gems enables this. Can it be dialled down anyhow? Or maybe it should be removed - if not immediately then maybe at some point.

the level doesn't play as intended, I know that. I suppose it still works though.

dayo

In the latest alpha of KeeperFX it is way dialed down already. Units now don't stay stable at the spot but do random walks if they are at the lair, or heroes exit the hero gate for a bit, to not be so easy to exploit.
    Mostly, I would simply never include cave-in on maps. It was a spell intended to create walls or land, and since that was reduced it is a spell which only use is exploiting.