Thread: Testing my map

Default Testing my map

I'm just testing my map here and posting it so I can download it on my laptop to test it on multiplayer. If someone could tell me an easier way to do that I would appreciate it. Feel free to test my map out as well. It is unfinished and it might be buggy. Let me know what bugs you find.

Too bad it crashes when I give bile demons the imp teleport spell. would be a funny sight.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Testing my map

DK3000.zipfixed possession. (tried to make it possible to possess enemy creatures.)
    fixed sight of evil. (tried to make it cast skeleton army)
    lowered cooldowns on all creature attacks.

But I need help making ranged creatures attack faster. I took off all their delays and they do shoot the first shot fast but they take their normal breaks in between shots.

I also want to remove the auto aim system when in possession mode but unchecking the "move towards target" on the shot types configuration doesnt do anything.

Please help.
    Last edited by Powtreeman; November 20th, 2012 at 09:05.

Attachment 1104 small update where create imp spell creates elite skeletons. but have to unlock the spell.
    Last edited by Powtreeman; November 21st, 2012 at 06:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Powtreeman View Post
    But I need help making ranged creatures attack faster. I took off all their delays and they do shoot the first shot fast but they take their normal breaks in between shots.
    I'm not entirely sure if this would work, but in the available attacks tab there should be several boxes on the right labelled 'play animation', or something along those lines. This should help, as the breaks are caused by the playing of the animation while firing.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Decagon View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if this would work, but in the available attacks tab there should be several boxes on the right labelled 'play animation', or something along those lines. This should help, as the breaks are caused by the playing of the animation while firing.
    Unfortunately that only sometimes works. I tried it for my balance patch for the Elven Archer but it only ignored animations some of the time. It was very inconsistent and required certain conditions for it to work from what I saw, thus unreliable for proper balancing. I never looked into it further for that reason.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Decagon View Post
    I do not see the play animation part. I do use the normal dk2 editor that the game comes with if that matters. Is the animation thing under creature configuration?

I do not see the play animation part. I do use the normal dk2 editor that the game comes with if that matters. Is the animation thing under creature configuration?
    You need the Editor Pro. It enables a lot of options that are hidden in the normal editor. Don't get too excited though, the majority of these options don't even function properly.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    You need the Editor Pro. It enables a lot of options that are hidden in the normal editor. Don't get too excited though, the majority of these options don't even function properly.
    ah ok. Yeah thats pretty much why i never tried it. i heard it has problems. ill try it though. is there a special way i need to install it? i copied it in the folder the normal editor is in but it crashes.
    Last edited by Powtreeman; November 22nd, 2012 at 03:26.

ah ok. Yeah thats pretty much why i never tried it. i heard it has problems. ill try it though. is there a special way i need to install it? i copied it in the folder the normal editor is in but it crashes.
    You just need to put the executable in the same folder as the normal executable and it should run. I don't know why it should crash. Perhaps you didn't install everything correctly with the normal executable? But if that's the case, then I'm not sure if the normal executable should be running either. I never had problems running the editor myself.

As for its problems, they're only problems with the hidden unique features it has. As far as standard usage goes, it's about as reliable if not just as reliable as the normal editor, in my experience. Personally, I never touch the standard editor. I use only Pro and refer to the RC3 version when needed. It's the RC3 version that's less stable. It can make Lairs and such as it says, but if you were to, for example, try and modify the settings (Gold/Availability/etc) for each Player, then it would crash. It's best you just do whatever you need from that version, save, and switch back to one of the others.

Tesonu is napping!

Alright I got it to work. And I got all ranged and melee attackers attacking at much faster speeds. I wanted it closer to dk1 style fighting where I couldnt just walk backwards and hit them while they could not hit me back. (in possession)
    thanks for everything thank you too keeper decagon. ill post an updated version of the map soon. Now im going to figure out how to get hero parties to spawn all the time in the middle.