Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post Ancient Keeper problems

Default Re: Post Ancient Keeper problems

Thanks, Pawels... Maybe i'll restart the level, it will be easier, this time. Sorry for bothering you with a lot of questions! It seems that i'm a great fan of Dungeon Keeper, but i have to learn a lot more about it!

Hello guys!

reviving old post, I believe that it is better than just creating a new one.
    I have the original question posted. I am stuck in "Sacrifice", in the end of the level where 24 Horneys spawn in my dungeon heart.
    I've collected as many Mistresses as I could (15) and have about 20 skeletons from the corpses of the first group of Horneys plus the Samurais. BUT all the other hero creatures of this level won't die in the prison as they can heal themselves.
    I've observed that next to the enemy dungeon heart there is a spell book for Armagedon. When casted, it reveals the map and we can see a few unclaimed Avatars in the top-right corner. They are in a claimed tile which is insulated by rock. Destroying the enemy heart won't do the trick. Armaggedon does not bring those Avatars to my heart. I bet that maybe with those I could stand a chance against the hornies, but how is it possible to get those?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try the walkthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    Did you try the walkthrough?
    This is post* ancient keeper campaign not ancient keeper.

I played this map on KeeperFX v0.4.6 r1826 patch and it happens as 86Lolo said, with all mistress and skeletons possible they still get obliterated by the reapers and the avatars never come to play with armageddon(that's the way to get them?), and i can't use the save files on old versions of the game they just load the world map.

So we will probably have to do it all over even if we get an update.

Sorry, misread.

Take a look at this issue here: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/issues/460

Could you open the creatrs\horny.cfg file in your game folder and change 'Strength = 100' to 'Strength = 85'. Then restart the map from the beginning and see if the Horned Reapers are now beatable?

As for the avatars, this campaign level indeed exploited a bug where neutral creatures were teleported to the keeper by using the Armageddon spell, this bug is fixed in the latest release breaking this map. I've reported an issue to re-enable the classic behavior on this campaign.
    Last edited by YourMaster; February 15th, 2016 at 23:53.

Warlock

This exposes another problem with KeeperFX - if levels are dependent on certain exploits ("Cloning", boulder trap stopped by unconscious enemies, etc.) then fixes could render them unplayable.

Well yes, and this is why KeeperFX has a 'classic bug mode', where on the campaigns that rely on exploits the old bugged behavior is used. For ancient keeper this is enabled, for 'post' it is not but can easily be done without writing a line of code.

But I don't really see it as a problem in KeeperFX though. If you make maps that rely on bugs you take the risk that maps stop working when the bugs are fixed. I don't think Mefisto should spent too much time maintaining old maps until work on keeperfx is finished.

It seems there are some forced stats in this campaign, changing values on those files have no effect on ingame values. (creature stats)
    I've tried on the original campaign's first map eversmile and it works so i'm probably not doing anything wrong.

(ArmegeddonTeleportNeutrals = 1) doesn't work as well..
    Last edited by Icetone; February 22nd, 2016 at 22:42.

I looked into it, and you're right. If you look in the file 'KeeperFX\campgns\postanck.cfg' you'll find 'CREATURES_LOCATION = campgns/ancntkpr_crtr', so the 'Post Ancient Keeper' campaign uses the creature files from the 'Ancient Keeper' campaign.
    It stands to reason that both campaigns should also use the same 'configs', but they don't. The AK has already configured neutrals to be teleported as well.

If you look in the 'KeeperFX\campgns\ancntkpr.cfg' file (The campaign file for the AK campaign), you'll find the line 'CONFIGS_LOCATION = campgns/ancntkpr_cfgs'. If you copy that line to postanck.cfg file the Avatars will teleport and some other rules are also reverted back to original. I've tested it and it really works. So this should help you out.
    If you just load your old save, it will still use the old settings though.

When i tested 'ArmegeddonTeleportNeutrals = 1', i tried on a loaded game, so that's probably the reason it didn't work..

Looks like adding 'CONFIGS_LOCATION = campgns/ancntkpr_cfgs' on postanck.cfg solves the problem!
    Those avatar are a lot tankier than skeletons and mistress so their presence is enough to kill all hornys.

I saw that on Ancient Keeper files hornys are a lot weaker than the default one, so changing their strength to 85 would actually make them stronger haha

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Icetone; February 23rd, 2016 at 04:44.