Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post Ancient Keeper problems

Warlock

Default Post Ancient Keeper problems

Sacrifice - How the #@!* am I supposed to take on the horned reapers? I try using the boulder traps, but I can only get one at best?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Post Ancient Keeper problems

Hello!

Did you sacrifice to get the many mistresses? Did you imprison and get skeletons? You should be able to deal the hornies without too much troubles.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Warlock

Where am I supposed to get the skeletons?

Put humanoid creature into prison and let it die there.

Hi, guys! I'm a newcomer but i play DK from AGES! Someone maybe can help me... in Sacrifice, there is a Gem tile in the eastern part of the map, but i don't know how to access to it. There is a fortified wall, all around, and i know about the Whirlwind spell of the Mage, to throw minions through the corners... There is another way to access the rich tile? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie82 View Post
    There is a fortified wall, all around, and i know about the Whirlwind spell of the Mage, to throw minions through the corners... There is another way to access the rich tile?
    I can't tell about this specific level, but in general you have the following ways of destroying such tile:
    - use destroy walls
    - force enemy tunnellers to dig through it
    - vandalize the walls (I'm not sure if your creatures can vandalize enemy walls, but in some cases this may apply)

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I can't tell about this specific level, but in general you have the following ways of destroying such tile:
    - use destroy walls
    - force enemy tunnellers to dig through it
    - vandalize the walls (I'm not sure if your creatures can vandalize enemy walls, but in some cases this may apply)
    Thanks, Mefistotelis... but it don't work. I haven't Destroy Walls spell in this level and it can't be researched, there aren't enemy tunnelers, and i already tried to vandalize walls. Nothing. I show you my problem with a screenshot...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon Keeper Sacrifice problem.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	1149

Hint: if there's an (unclaimed!) dirt path tile next to an enemy wall (you can't dig through it directly), and there's also a dirt path tile on the other side of this same wall, then the wall will disappear after you claim the path in front of it. So BEFORE digging and claiming everything around an inaccessible room, first blow some of your minions inside and make them destroy a part of that room: destroyed tiles will turn into unclaimed dirt path and then the hint above applies. Now in your pic you have already claimed everything, so it's now much more difficult, but not necessarily all is lost. You need a vandalizing creature: build a room tile next to the wall you want destroyed, and make your own minion vandalize the room tile you just built: it will turn to dirt path and the above hint again applies. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Pawel

Thanks a lot! One more question... can any creature vandalize room tiles? And how? I know Dwarves could do it but i haven't any of them... Maybe i could do it with my Imps? I haven't finished the level yet, 'cause Reapers are hard to knock out, but if i increase my army, i know i can do it! Eh eh

Every creature has a specially designated action what they do when they are extremely angry with their keeper. Some will just leave, some will defect, some will fight their allies, some will vandalize walls, some will vandalize rooms, etc., etc. I can only remember off the top of my head, that orcs and trolls vandalize rooms. There may be others too. From your pic you don't seem to have any creatures of the right type. Based on the little info I have about your current problem, it looks like you cannot get that room anymore. If you wish you can still destroy the room inside, because when a gem tile is surrounded by unclaimed dirt path, then your imps will agree to dig it, if you manually set them to do so. You'd have to move the gold piles to the treasury by hand. Laborious and boring, but perhaps better than nothing. Your call.

Cheers,
    Pawel