Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scavenging creatures from outside the level

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: something I just realised

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    This is strange, there's no sign of pools of Hornies, maybe it scavenge it from parties, but I find hard to think that it's possible.
    There are no Horned Reapers in any Party at Level 20, so that's not what happened.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Warlock

I will be doing a new test of Daka Gorn. The main difference is that there will be a squad, just to see if that makes any difference.

ETA: Test one (adding a squad of , but not creating a parameter for their summoning, has not led to more

Test Two will be forthcoming (creating a squad and adding parameters (namely the creation of a Scavenger Room).
    Last edited by Hades; December 27th, 2012 at 22:58.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I will be doing a new test of Daka Gorn. The main difference is that there will be a squad, just to see if that makes any difference.
    I think I'd prefer to wait for Mefisto to take a look at the code to find a solid answer. There's only so much you can learn from performing such tests, and even then, you're further limited by your own interpretations.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Seems Mefisto has rewritten most part of the scavenging code in the latest nightly build maybe he could answer some of the questions

EDIT : Compiled It and made an installer.... if someone is interested...
    Last edited by Stanislas Dolcini; December 28th, 2012 at 00:20.

What are the new features (or the solved problems) of the new Scavenging code?

Only some unifications to avoid switching target creature in specific cases.

Maybe later I will add a config option to choose whether neutral and hero creatures may be scavenged.

What mean "avoid switching target creature"? And now that you have rewritten the code, can you answer the questions of my "scavenger dynamics" thread? Thanks a lot

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I know I got this to happen to me when I was younger at Level 20, also with the Horned Reaper. I looked at the script for the original Level 20, and he's not in the creature pool.
    There's an enemy and a neutral in the level. Having extra hornies isn't possible. If it is, then it's a bug.
    Normally, if creatures of a kind is added to the pool and you scavenge that kind of creature while your max creatures limit isn't reached, you will be able to scavenge those from the pool. In Netzcaro, for example, it was possible to scavenge hornies and fairies, but it was too much exagerated.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Ok, done some tests in my "mercenary guild/sandbox level" (I had to modify it and add a portal to do this :P), now I understood so many things and I will go to answer them in their relative topics.
    So, "dead creatures returns to pool", that means that they haven't to be added by the Author, but they are added to pool when die. That mean that they can be scavenged by the pool one they're back to the pool by dying or being fired... And this it's true even if is an hero that dies

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

By default, dead creatures return to the pool. So, if, for example, you set a single to be available and you kill it, then it will return to the pool and you'll get another one even though you initially set the amount of flies to 1.

DEAD_CREATURES_RETURN_TO_POOL(x) command allows you to avoid that in the level. You have to replace the x with 0 to disable it, or 1 to enable it.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...