Thread: New to KeeperFX, very excited!

Default New to KeeperFX, very excited!

Hi guys, I've been a huge fan of DK since i was 11 years old (now 25) and was gutted when i couldnt get it working on windows 7. Im not very tech savvy but my uncle recently hooked me up with the KeeperFX fan expansion and its blown my mind! Firstly well done to whoever made it, its amazing also, so many new maps that i didnt realise existed! I only knew of standard campaign, deeper dungeons and ancient keeper.

Anyway, i'll get to the point. All i wanted to know is what major changes, patches or bug fixes have been made since the original game i played. i've noticed a few tiny little things (locked doors for me bugged out to be green on the map instead of red but this is now fixed ). so i just wondered if anyone has a list of the patch notes and whats been changed. im really curious and would be great if someone could let me know! i had a little search on the forum but struggled to find any patch notes specific to keeperFX.

thanks so much

ben

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Default Re: New to KeeperFX, very excited!

Hi glad to see, a new face around here.
    For the changelog (List of all Modification)
    You can go here
    http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_read.php
    Or there (But will be a little harder to understand)

http://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/source/list

Cool thanks had a look at the changelog and it seems to be alot of random things i dont totally understand, any chance you can list some of the main bugs that have been fixed? no worries if not. i just noticed whilst playing that now it seems level 10 creatures dont have a problem with the speed spell. it always used to be that they would have speed for a long time when they cast the spell at level 9 or below but as soon as they hit level 10 speed would last about 5 seconds! that seems to have been fixed cant think of any major bugs in the game other than that coming to think of it

do you know if any creatures or spells have been modified?

been playing it all afternoon! its crashed a few times randomly. just closes and says keeperfx had to close down or something i'll just try to save more often

Gamer IDs

Did you change the game speed ? It can crash the game sometimes.

About the changelog, well Mefisto has rewritten a big part of the code so yes spells were fixed some levels too Ai was too because sometimes it didn't even move. Major Bug fixe was Dungeon Keeper not working on Vista/Seven

awesome, all sounds good and yes i do change the game speed sometimes to get training/research done. i'll make sure i save if im going to do that. did anyone else used to get a bug in the old days where a level 10 creatures speed spell wouldnt last very long whilst up to level 9 it lasted ages? i always used to have to stop orcs/mistresses etc reaching level 10! not any more!

When you download it dont says red error?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by drbeansy View Post
    awesome, all sounds good and yes i do change the game speed sometimes to get training/research done. i'll make sure i save if im going to do that. did anyone else used to get a bug in the old days where a level 10 creatures speed spell wouldnt last very long whilst up to level 9 it lasted ages? i always used to have to stop orcs/mistresses etc reaching level 10! not any more!
    Yep that was indeed in the original version but I was not sur it could be considered as a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislas Dolcini View Post
    Yep that was indeed in the original version but I was not sur it could be considered as a bug.
    Yes, at first even I thinked it was intentional (they become too heavy to have speed for a long time), because I read it in the site of my first Keeper Master (thanks to you if you will read it, BG), but in the code there is a bug because every creature has 10 step of power for every spell (one per level of experience), but speed it's also a Keeper spell that have only 9 level of power, and so this create the bug (it's also explained somewere else on this very forum, if you manage to find it: I remember it was a very interesting topic)... Anyway, drbeansy, many creatures have been modificated through the various version of Dragonslover's patch that is the one used in KeeperFX instead of original settings...