Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vampires' behaviour

Default Vampires' behaviour

Hi. Playing at KeeperFX I always asked myself why Vampires don't become anymore angry at random... I thought because of the different behaviour code, but now I think that I have the answer: because they went at random in the Temple and became angry because of this, right? With KeeperFX that doesn't happen because Vampires have temple as No Do Job, but in Ancient/Post Ancient Keeper they use the original settings and so they became angry because of this. Am I right or it's "fault" even of the new code?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Vampires' behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    Hi. Playing at KeeperFX I always asked myself why Vampires don't become anymore angry at random... I thought because of the different behaviour code, but now I think that I have the answer: because they went at random in the Temple and became angry because of this, right? With KeeperFX that doesn't happen because Vampires have temple as No Do Job, but in Ancient/Post Ancient Keeper they use the original settings and so they became angry because of this. Am I right or it's "fault" even of the new code?
    You're right. Also, Vampires didn't just "randomly" go to the Temple. If I'm not mistaken, creatures will in general go to the Temple on occasion when they are not 100% happy to become 100% happy. Though obviously this design is flawed when it comes to the Vampire.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Yes, but sometimes they have done all their homework (train, research) and so they have free time that they spent in lair and go to the Temple randomly... I don't think become unhappy in lair (just the Horny have this behaviour or I'm wrong)?

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    Yes, but sometimes they have done all their homework (train, research) and so they have free time that they spent in lair and go to the Temple randomly... I don't think become unhappy in lair (just the Horny have this behaviour or I'm wrong)?
    Maybe it is random. Though perhaps he gets annoyed from you picking him up or something. Vampires are a little more temperamental than most other creatures.

Tesonu is napping!

Mapmaker

Vampires in the original DK IME get angry for being "in hand" at a much slower rate of the Horned Reaper, maybe it's likewise in KeeperFX

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Vampires become unhappy if they're hold in your hand for a long time. They also became unhappy in the temple for praying which was a bit stupid because sometimes they voluntarily went there on their own in order to get unhappy. That's why I altered that so that vampires have pray as not do jobs. I know, however, that because of that, I think you cannot cure them after they've been chickened/diseased. What would be the best? Something I can try is to set his annoyance for praying to 0 or to a small value so that either praying won't influence their mood or they will become annoyed very slowly over time.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

The fact that they go to temple may be by design.

If they never did, then it would be hard to even notice that they are becoming angry due to praying.

But I agree that the logic which is supposed to make creature happy and makes it angrier instead is not quite logical.

Maybe only creatures on which temple has positive impact should go there on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Maybe only creatures on which temple has positive impact should go there on their own?
    Yes. It would allow the Vampire to still be placed on the Temple if he gets diseased or chickened.

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Exactly. My guess is that, if the creature's mood isn't happy to its maximum value, then there's a chance the creature will go praying on its own. The problem is, it does the same thing on the vampire which HATES praying. The thing to do in the code would be that, if the creature has a positive annoyance value for praying, then don't go pray at random. That would solve the problem. Therefore, it's another thing that I should have left by default. The vampire will get angry in the temple, but it's only to cure him, not to pray.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Should be done since r639. Needs testing though.

Also, I didn't changed the computer player - but he's sacrificing creatures anyway instead of putting them to pray...