Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weird bugs - KeeperFX 0.4.0.567 - Ancient Keeper 6 - Save the Heroes

Default Weird bugs - KeeperFX 0.4.0.567 - Ancient Keeper 6 - Save the Heroes

So I was playing ancient keeper, getting to map 6 (where you have to save the , then destroy the and later the horny's...
    While playing a couple of weird things occured:
    - First, after capturing the Avatar, for some reason, floating Boulder Traps started to appear above my Hatchery, see image 1.
    - After the avatar spawned near white's heart, I started controlling it, but the game crashed randomly when exiting posession, entering posession or casting invisibility. Also more Boulder Traps appeared in my base.
    - Breaking into blue, there were no boulder traps. I could capture the surrounding paths, shatter blue's fortified wall near his heart and instantly destroy him.
    - Killing blue's heart made me victorious.
    - Realizing something was weird, I continued to green. I already saw before that he had 0 creatures.
    - Green heart was gone. Like really gone. See image 2.

What the hell? :')

Image 1

Image 2

Default Re: Weird bugs - KeeperFX 0.4.0.567 - Ancient Keeper 6 - Save the Heroes

Interesting.

Could you try this with the latest nightly build?
    Are there any errors in log file?
    Could you prepare a saved game from before the error?

I'm especially interested in the "floating boulders" problem.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Weird bugs - KeeperFX 0.4.0.567 - Ancient Keeper 6 - Save the Heroes

My guess is that the Blue Keeper has built too much boulder traps and it affects the things limit.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    My guess is that the Blue Keeper has built too much boulder traps and it affects the things limit.
    Then why would the Dungeon Heart disappear? The things limit effects newly spawned things, not already existing things.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

I don't know. It's just weird.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    I don't know. It's just weird.
    Wouldn't it be possible to do a Realm of Salaar and block future production of boulder traps for the Blues once they build a certain amount.

Interesting.

Could you try this with the latest nightly build?
    Are there any errors in log file?
    Could you prepare a saved game from before the error?

I'm especially interested in the "floating boulders" problem
    This is the latest nightly build (rev 567).
    I tried to run Keeperfx_hvlog.exe due to the large amount of crashes, but the game ran (obviously) very, very slow when I did that so I just saved every few posessions to not lose progress.
    The following is in keeperfx.log:

Spoiler

Not sure if its related.

I've got 3 saves in this zip. Save 4 is the bugged boulders just after capturing the samurai, save 5 is the end of the game (what you see on the screenshots) and save 6 is the start of the level, as the boulders already appeared after fighting the samurai...

Warlock

I also cannot help but notice that the Keeper always stacks boulder traps, which makes them useless due to them all colliding on the same tile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I also cannot help but notice that the Keeper always stacks boulder traps, which makes them useless due to them all colliding on the same tile.
    I think it's even weirder to see the boulders on top of unpenetrable rock, like, really on top, not built on the floor but on the higher ground.

Gamer IDs

Something that really has to be fixed is to AVOID for the computer players to stack traps over single tiles. That would avoid too much trap crates to be created (and stacked as well) and would also avoid cause bugs when a big amount of traps trigger at the same time on the same tile. I remember on Caddis Fell where there's a Poison Gas being stacked on a single tile. When one of my creature reached that trap, it caused something very weird on the screen, like if the gas was everywhere. And I think fixing that bug would fix the rest.