Thread: Tileset for the Yellow Keeper

Warlock

Default Tileset for the Yellow Keeper

I noticed that in Ancient Keeper and in certain maps with the "grey" tileset, the Yellow Keeper's walls are purple rather than Yellow.

Why is this?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: Tileset for the Yellow Keeper

Hello! Purple was supposed to be the old colour for the fourth Keeper, but Bullfrog changed their mind and altered the colour to be yellow instead. However, they forgot to alter some tiles for the walls and in the editor, they internally forgot to rename the colour of the guard post flag. My upcoming patch will fix all that already.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Dragonslover, forgive me for the off topic, but every post you surprize me with your excellent knowledge: how do you know all those things?

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Hello! Purple was supposed to be the old colour for the fourth Keeper, but Bullfrog changed their mind and altered the colour to be yellow instead. However, they forgot to alter some tiles for the walls and in the editor, they internally forgot to rename the colour of the guard post flag. My upcoming patch will fix all that already.
    Would it be possible then to create a fifth keeper (purple) in a future edition of FX?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    Dragonslover, forgive me for the off topic, but every post you surprize me with your excellent knowledge: how do you know all those things?
    Actually, I don't think there's any way for DL to know this with absolute certainty, as it may merely be an assumption based on present evidence. As for having a look into the text, there's a text editor that allows that easily. There are some interesting things in those text files. Though I think DL was referring to something else when he said internally.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    Because Dungeon Keeper has been my favourite game for a long time and it's normal, for the huge amount of time spent on that game, that I acquired a lot of knowledge on that game. However, I don't know everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Would it be possible then to create a fifth keeper (purple) in a future edition of FX?
    I absolutely don't know. Considering it would require extra textures, extra sprites, an extra colour, an extra command for the player and extra code to handle all that, it may be possible. But for now, and so far, 4 is already enough. In maps with 5 keepers or more, the available space would decrease for their dungeons. Keepers would be crowded. Also, don't forget we'd have to split creatures among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Actually, I don't think there's any way for DL to know this with absolute certainty, as it may merely be an assumption based on present evidence. As for having a look into the text, there's a text editor that allows that easily. There are some interesting things in those text files. Though I think DL was referring to something else when he said internally.
    Yeah, there's plenty of things I'm totally unsure as I don't know know if some bugs or errors are intended or not. I can just guess and try to figure out stuff the best I can. And by internally, I meant the text that is shown for things when using the Plan mode of the editor, not texts we find in the data text files.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Because Dungeon Keeper has been my favourite game for a long time and it's normal, for the huge amount of time spent on that game, that I acquired a lot of knowledge on that game. However, I don't know everything. I absolutely don't know. Considering it would require extra textures, extra sprites, an extra colour, an extra command for the player and extra code to handle all that, it may be possible. But for now, and so far, 4 is already enough. In maps with 5 keepers or more, the available space would decrease for their dungeons. Keepers would be crowded. Also, don't forget we'd have to split creatures among them. Yeah, there's plenty of things I'm totally unsure as I don't know know if some bugs or errors are intended or not. I can just guess and try to figure out stuff the best I can. And by internally, I meant the text that is shown for things when using the Plan mode of the editor, not texts we find in the data text files.
    About this... Is there anyway we could Include the NBK textures ? Though not all of them have been remade (by Sinesthesia ?) About the fifth keeper before adding another player Mefisto has to get rid of the objet limitations. And that's not really fifth but sixth to be picky =P

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislas Dolcini View Post
    About this... Is there anyway we could Include the NBK textures ? Though not all of them have been remade (by Sinesthesia ?) About the fifth keeper before adding another player Mefisto has to get rid of the objet limitations. And that's not really fifth but sixth to be picky =P
    Seventh. You forgot Neutral XP
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Seventh. You forgot Neutral XP
    x)