Thread: Guys...

Default Guys...

So I haven't posted here in a long time. I just looked at the forum again, specifically wfto and how it's come along. And I realized something:

I can't get excited about Dungeon keeper any more. I just can't.

I looked at their own forum and saw the guys posting there and I got really sad because I just can't share their excitement. After so many failed projects trying to revive Dungeon Keeper, and other games professing to be spiritual successors but falling flat, I'm no longer able to believe they'll succeed.
    Even looking at other games with the same theme that are coming up I can't suppress the general feeling that they probably won't be worth playing.
    I just wish I could get excited about this stuff again.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Guys...

Well I could help you by going into that brain of yours and removing all memories of DK so you can get excited all over again. More than that, the excitement of finding out what DK is.

Though I for some reason am not as excited about WftO either, and I worked on the project for like over a year. Well, I'm highly interested in it, but I'm more into playing it rather than keeping up with all the news and development and whatnot. I never really liked getting so overly excited about a game I can't play yet, and I guess that's why I never even get into E3 when that comes around. I'm also patient I guess, and I'm not worried about the project's success either. I still do a lot of DK related things though. I'm GM of the Awakening RPG, and I am also working on a balance patch for both DKs, currently focusing on DKII in that regard.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Guys...

I only recently got into DK. And I only played the Facebook knockoff, so my faith hasn't been shattered. Everything about WftO looks good.