Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KeeperFX Map Color Changer

Default Re: KeeperFX Map Color Changer

Quote Originally Posted by Durandall View Post
    I'm afraid I can't offer much help with that program. It's not mine and I don't know how it really works.
    The source code suggests the function "write_cubedata" is failing. Code 2 means it cannot open the cube file it's looking for.
    I can only assume you don't have KeeperFX properly installed.
    I also don't see a way to get your version of KeeperFX. It's pretty old. My oldest version goes back to June, 2011.
    If you send me the keeperfx.exe and keeperfx.dll, I might be able to get you what you need for my program.
    Well it's the one I got from keeper.lubie.org, is that the same one? If not, how should I send them?

In any case, thanks for trying to help. Guess I'll ask Mefistotelis or DragonsLover for help regarding Player Colour Selector.

Quote Originally Posted by Galador View Post
    Well it's the one I got from keeper.lubie.org, is that the same one? If not, how should I send them?

In any case, thanks for trying to help. Guess I'll ask Mefistotelis or DragonsLover for help regarding Player Colour Selector.
    Then you probably aren't reading the version the same I am. Just post a link to the one you have and then I'll know.

Then you probably aren't reading the version the same I am. Just post a link to the one you have and then I'll know.
    http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_older.php

At the time I found this, 0.40 was the latest version.

http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_older.php

At the time I found this, 0.40 was the latest version.
    Alright, I've created the file you need for kfxmcc to work with the version of KeeperFX you listed.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't test it. KeeperFX 0.40 crashes for me, but it should work.
    locations.ini
    You need to replace the original locations.ini where you put kfxmcc with this one.

Normally I would suggest that the kfxmcc folder be extracted into the KeeperFX folder.
    It will work elsewhere, but it was designed to be placed here.
    If you have done this, locations.ini will be in "KeeperFX\kfxmcc\data".

Make sure when you use kfxmcc, that you choose version 0.40 and not 0.41!
    Otherwise it will just mangle your KeeperFX exe and dll files.

Good luck.

Alright, I've created the file you need for kfxmcc to work with the version of KeeperFX you listed.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't test it. KeeperFX 0.40 crashes for me, but it should work.
    locations.ini
    You need to replace the original locations.ini where you put kfxmcc with this one.

Normally I would suggest that the kfxmcc folder be extracted into the KeeperFX folder.
    It will work elsewhere, but it was designed to be placed here.
    If you have done this, locations.ini will be in "KeeperFX\kfxmcc\data".

Make sure when you use kfxmcc, that you choose version 0.40 and not 0.41!
    Otherwise it will just mangle your KeeperFX exe and dll files.

Good luck.
    Works like a charm, now to try and get the Player Colour Selector working.

Thanks for all your help and apologies if I may have misled, confused or caused you inconvenience.

I just had a hunch. I made a copy of my KeeperFX and marked all the files in KeeperFX\data as read only.
    This gave me the same error code you got.
    Make sure that these files are not read only
    KeeperFX\data\cube.dat
    KeeperFX\data\alpha.col

Hope this helps.

I just had a hunch. I made a copy of my KeeperFX and marked all the files in KeeperFX\data as read only.
    This gave me the same error code you got.
    Make sure that these files are not read only
    KeeperFX\data\cube.dat
    KeeperFX\data\alpha.col

Hope this helps.
    Works now, creature flowers are still red but I'm not that overly bothered (and I'm guessing that's the issue you were refering to earlier)

Again, thanks very much. Let the reign of the Blue Keeper commence!

Works now, creature flowers are still red but I'm not that overly bothered (and I'm guessing that's the issue you were refering to earlier)

Again, thanks very much. Let the reign of the Blue Keeper commence!
    Yea, it sounds like KeeperFX copies the data from the Dungeon Keeper CD when you install it and keeps it as read only.
    You can probably solve this by going with a fresh KeeperFX install and once it copies the files from the Dungeon Keeper CD, go into the KeeperFX directory and turn off read-only on the data directory and all it's files.
    I don't have this problem myself, because I use an installed version of the original Dungeon Keeper and not the CD.
    Also, I think changing keeper colors and then loading an old save game from before the color change has some side effects, so I would suggest a new game or level skip.

I hope this help and have fun!